Babyface Pro.....

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gak

03 Oct 2015

I ordered one. Do not know if the profire 610 is the reason for my recent woes but they had one in stock (which I'm still skeptical about) and it's the PERFECT unit (as long as it does what is said on the tin!)

It will be late (maybe even Friday) of next week before I get it (if I get it) but over that weekend, we will know.....about those "fantastic" drivers, latency and the "sound" ;)

gak

08 Oct 2015

Tomorrow, tomorrow, then we'll see about those magic drivers........tomorrow!

gak

09 Oct 2015

A) I get about 3ms better latency at the same buffer

B) So far a very nice unit, seems well built, seems to sound great.

C) Routing is very nice, but daunting.

D) Did someone say D??????????????????????????????????????????

..... Now for a MAJOR RANT!!!!!!!!!!

I've been struggling with CPU use in reason since 8.3. When there are too many bars (really anything past 3) I was getting pops/crackles with all other cards. NOT THIS ONE! So why rant? Because it's too bizarre keeping up with this crap. Constantly tweaking and changing.

So, in review, my TI chipset/FW/regardless of driver/brand was at least part of the problem. Why does this always happen to me?

Ok, until the next adventure of gak and his fucking expensive habit that always works "ok" but never quite as it should :x

Biolumin3sc3nt

09 Oct 2015

Nice purchase man! My Audio Interface woes disappeared after I bought the UCX in 2013. Everything just works! Take some time to look at the TotalMix tutorials online. Enjoy yourself

-edit - Oh I also tested FW vs USB and I was getting better performance on the USB side of things - I have FW400 btw

gak

11 Oct 2015

Ok, two days, much better than the focusrite 14 or the profire 610. Sign of good things to come? For gak? Man, I hope!

Biolumin3sc3nt

11 Oct 2015

Once You get the RME tech, there's no going back! Carry on!

normen

11 Oct 2015

Interested in the actual roundtrip latency of these. Its pretty much impossible to get roundtrip values like this (3ms) via USB. If anyone cares to try it, connect an input of the device to an output and connect the VMG-01 test signal output and measuring input on the corresponding connectors in the hardware interface of Reason, then do a measurement.

Edit: Oh, I misread that post, you just said you get 3ms better roundtrip latency. Anyway, still interested.

gak

11 Oct 2015

LSS:

10 with FW profire 610
9 with focusrite 14
7 with BF pro

All 128 buffer/44.1k SR.

I've heard people say they get as low as 2.67ms RT with lower buffer and higher SR's, but I don't mess with that. I just want the most stable thing I can get and 7 ms is awesome to me.

I'll try your do-dad later (bookmarked)

Ostermilk

11 Oct 2015

normen wrote:Interested in the actual roundtrip latency of these. Its pretty much impossible to get roundtrip values like this (3ms) via USB. If anyone cares to try it, connect an input of the device to an output and connect the VMG-01 test signal output and measuring input on the corresponding connectors in the hardware interface of Reason, then do a measurement.

Edit: Oh, I misread that post, you just said you get 3ms better roundtrip latency. Anyway, still interested.
4.9ms total round-trip latency with the smallest buffer size at 44.1k
Quote from here

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3209708

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3216224

check the guys signature for his credentials. IOW you can pretty much take that figure as being correct.

For comparison my completely bus powered Roland Quad at 64 sample/44.1k is just proud of 6 ms and just about usable at that setting without any pops, clicks or drop outs.

So no doubts at all the BF Pro is a great low latency performer. Easily one of (if not) the best performing fully USB bus-powered units out there.

gak

12 Oct 2015

7ms is kool here.

One thing to point out for guitarist/bassist/vocalist or hardware units: TOTALMIX. It's more than brilliant, it's hyper brilliant.

• Information