Android Market Research

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

Do you own any of the Android devices?

Poll ended at 28 Oct 2015

Android Phone
48%
Android Tablet
28%
Android Wear Watch
3%
Android TV
8%
Chromecast
15%

Total votes: 40
ScuzzyEye

30 Sep 2015

I've had something in the works for a while. With Android Marshmallow showing up on the first devices this week, the features I need are now available. So I'm wondering how many Reason users have various Android devices. I'm leaving Android Auto out, because it doesn't fit with what I'm working on.

arqui

30 Sep 2015

android devices have a lot of latency
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

submonsterz

30 Sep 2015

arqui wrote:android devices have a lot of latency
Not actually true on outbound but inbound still not as good as could be.
Take this article and proof video that inbound was fixed back in 2013 by one company you'll probally of heard of.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02/22 ... n-android/
It's just a matter of using thier apk or someone else's to build your app .
Or that once and for all Google make it thier mission to fix it and probally better than the 2013 company's 20 millisecond input for live audio it's almost there Google just need to build it fully into the os for all devices .

ScuzzyEye

17 Oct 2015

Just to bump this, and give a really brief idea of what I have planned. Android Marshmallow (6.0) now includes native MIDI support. Both BTLE, and USB class compliant support. While I could port any RE synth that I make to Android, I plan on going the other way. Rather than taking MIDI into the device, I'm going to be sending MIDI events out.

I have three apps planned so far. The first will be free (and serve as a test for people wondering if they can get their device hooked up properly to send MIDI out). It's going to be a simple MIDI transport control (play, pause, record, stop, fast-forward, rewind, etc.). But it'll also use Android notifications so you can control the transport from your watch, as well as the phone lock screen. Think: phone connected to your computer, while you use your watch to cue up the recording while you're at the mic. Or if you're using Bluetooth Low Energy to the computer, you could do the same wirelessly with just the phone or tablet. The other two apps, I'll save to announce later.

mojo

17 Oct 2015

Great news !!!

• Information