Fast Track Pro and Axiom 49 with Windows 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Soft Enerji

27 Sep 2015

Anyone using M-Audio Fast Track Pro on Windows 10? I upgraded my laptop to Win10 and plugged the FTP in but couldn't seem to get it going. I'm not going to upgrade my desktop until I can get it working on the laptop. Haven't tried the Axiom yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Soft Enerji

02 Oct 2015

obviously not then............

gak

03 Oct 2015

Not that particular unit, but I have the profire 610 (even with outdated drivers) working....I think ok on win10x64.

Soft Enerji

06 Oct 2015

Thanks for the response gak. I've not had a chance to try it out again with the laptop but plan on giving it another go this coming weekend.

I rarely use the laptop for music stuff, really only when I'm away from home and never use the FTP with it. Ah :idea: .......I have Asio4all installed.....I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Jmax

06 Oct 2015

Not sure this is relevant but I recently got a new laptop with win10.. and my axiom 25 would cut in and out. Nothing wrong with the usb ports or cables. I tried on board audio card and also Asio4all. I was trying to use the axiom just plugged straight through usb, downloaded drivers. It would show up sometimes and vanish others. Very frustrated I did some google searches on the problem and sure enough there seems to be an issue with laptops picking up axiom's via usb only.

Anyhoot, I just set up my presonus 22vsl through laptop usb and have the axiom straight into the midi there problem solved. Funny enough the axiom is still powered by the laptop usb though. So no extra cable the laptop powers both my interface and midi keyboard, just need to connect the midi to the keyboard.

kitekrazy

15 Oct 2015

Soft Enerji wrote:Thanks for the response gak. I've not had a chance to try it out again with the laptop but plan on giving it another go this coming weekend.

I rarely use the laptop for music stuff, really only when I'm away from home and never use the FTP with it. Ah :idea: .......I have Asio4all installed.....I wonder if that has something to do with it?
I have an AP2496, AP192, FW410 and the Windows 7 drivers work in Windows 10.

Soft Enerji

16 Oct 2015

Cheers for the further responses folks. Didn't get a chance last weekend so with a bit of luck I'll get to screw around this one.

Nestelev

15 Nov 2015

Just install the older driver version before win 8.
that worked for me. If it dosnt for u, maybe u need to get a power adapter for your fast track.

Win 7 : version 6.1.10
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... ro-Drivers

emnipetro

25 Sep 2018

because of that, I ll never buy m-audio again. No any driver for windows 10. I have a legend card but I can't use it on windows 10. If I buy a new m audio, can you give a promise for next 10-year support?!

• Information