Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
StephenMotz

Post 30 Oct 2022

Hello,

I'm new to Remote Maps in general, but I've been seeking a way to map my Nektar Aura to Reason Rack Extensions without Nektarine. I've done some searching around the internet for a solution with some helpful leads, and now I've landed here in the hopes of some assistance.

I found a Remote Map for Aura tucked away in "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote\DefaultMaps\Nektar" from 2020, but I'm not sure what to do with it exactly. I was hoping to attach it to my post, but I can't upload a .remotemap file directly.

I've read some posts on this forum that make me think it's impossible to map my Aura to Rack Extensions, so I'm wondering if the file I have is even worth anything. Here's a screenshot of the opening of the doc:
Screenshot 2022-10-30 163834.png
Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trudge

Post 29 Nov 2022

I'm hoping someone can explain or point me in the right direction on the basics of actually how these remote maps work. I have read through a bunch of the posts on this thread and watched several videos about the maps but I'm just not understanding how it works. I was assuming that if a VST is mapped and it has been loaded into the right folder (I downloaded and replaced the existing remotemaps file with the 3000 map file that Poohbear had on Facebook) that when I bring up a VST that has been mapped that it automatically comes up mapped to the encoders/buttons/faders on the screen like it does when you bring up Subtractor for example. Do you actually have to go in and do a lot of manual mapping of the VST's buttons to the buttons on the Panorama? I have a P1 for reference. I've watched Poohbear's video on the grab function for assigning buttons to the VST. Is that what you have to do for any VST you want to control? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 30 Nov 2022

StephenMotz wrote:
30 Oct 2022
Hello,

I'm new to Remote Maps in general, but I've been seeking a way to map my Nektar Aura to Reason Rack Extensions without Nektarine. I've done some searching around the internet for a solution with some helpful leads, and now I've landed here in the hopes of some assistance.

I found a Remote Map for Aura tucked away in "C:\Program Files\Propellerhead\Reason 12\Remote\DefaultMaps\Nektar" from 2020, but I'm not sure what to do with it exactly. I was hoping to attach it to my post, but I can't upload a .remotemap file directly.

I've read some posts on this forum that make me think it's impossible to map my Aura to Rack Extensions, so I'm wondering if the file I have is even worth anything. Here's a screenshot of the opening of the doc:

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm sorry if this isn't the right thread to post this in!
Upload the file to a file share (google drive, dropbox, wetransfer) so I can have quick look at it.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 30 Nov 2022

trudge wrote:
29 Nov 2022
I'm hoping someone can explain or point me in the right direction on the basics of actually how these remote maps work. I have read through a bunch of the posts on this thread and watched several videos about the maps but I'm just not understanding how it works. I was assuming that if a VST is mapped and it has been loaded into the right folder (I downloaded and replaced the existing remotemaps file with the 3000 map file that Poohbear had on Facebook) that when I bring up a VST that has been mapped that it automatically comes up mapped to the encoders/buttons/faders on the screen like it does when you bring up Subtractor for example. Do you actually have to go in and do a lot of manual mapping of the VST's buttons to the buttons on the Panorama? I have a P1 for reference. I've watched Poohbear's video on the grab function for assigning buttons to the VST. Is that what you have to do for any VST you want to control? Any help with this would be much appreciated.
You can map what ever has been exposed by the developer, which in most cases is nearly all of the parameters, it is a manual process.
The Nektar work with pages, hence why so many controls can be mapped (the biggest mapping I did had over 60 pages), as you are a beginner you should have a look at this excellent editor for making your own mappings. https://remapp.noiseshadow.com/ (nosieshadow is a member of ReasonTalk so any questions you can ask him)

You could watch the beginning of this video (or the whole of it for a better picture) for where to get remote mapping files etc.

Regards
PB

StephenMotz

Post 02 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
30 Nov 2022
StephenMotz wrote:
30 Oct 2022
Hello,

Upload the file to a file share (google drive, dropbox, wetransfer) so I can have quick look at it.
Thanks for the response!
Here's a link to the file via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 02 Dec 2022

StephenMotz wrote:
02 Dec 2022
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
30 Nov 2022

Thanks for the response!
Here's a link to the file via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
That file blends it self towards a grab map but it does not look like anything is assigned..

I take it when you load Kong nothing is mapped ?
Now if it is a grab map, with Nektar's hold the shift on the device, then hit a pad on Kong, then release the shift and hit a pad on your Aura, this should map it but only for that session. Test 1

On your system there should be a file called (and I guessing a bit here) Aura.LUA, is should be here
C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Codecs\Lua Codecs\Nektar
That file will contain the names of the controls on the device, we can then map the name to the remote name so every time you start Reason those will be always mapped.

geronimo

Post 03 Dec 2022

And to stay current, here is the mapping for this Polyresonator Filter _

Code: Select all

Scope	Turn2on Software	ru.turn2on.PolyRes				
Define Group	Mode	Instrument	Mixer	Transport	Channel	
Define Group	Bands	Default	1-8
Define Group	ch_Mode	ch1-8
Define Group	Env_Focus	Env_view_1	Env_view_2
Define Group	Faders	F_Env1	F_Env2
//	Control Surface Item	Key	Remotable Item	Scale	Mode

Map	Mixer Mode		Mode=Mixer
Map	Instrument Mode		Mode=Instrument
Map	Transport Mode		Mode=Transport
Map	Channel Mode		Mode=Channel

Map	Instrument Mode		Bands=Default			Instrument		

Map	Device Name		"PolyResonator"		INST
Map	Patch Name		"General"			Instrument
Map	Page Name		"PolyRes"			Instrument	Default

Map	Bypass		Enabled			Instrument

Map	X1_Labeli		"Bypass"			Instrument
Map	X2_Labeli		"Pass Mod"			Instrument
Map	X3_Labeli		"Slope "			Instrument
Map	X4_Labeli		" "		MENU_ESC	Instrument
Map	X5_Labeli		"Bands"		MENU	Instrument
Map	X1		0		BYPASS	Instrument
Map	X2		Pass Mode		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X3		Slope Mode		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X4		0			Instrument
Map	X5		0			Instrument

Map	Ch Knob 1		Drive		VALUE	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 2		Dry Level		VALUE	Instrument				
Map	Ch Knob 3		Wet Level			Instrument			
Map	Ch Knob 4		Dry/wet			Instrument				
Map	Ch Knob 5		0				Instrument				
Map	Ch Knob 6		0			Instrument				
Map	Ch Knob 7		0			Instrument				
Map	Ch Knob 8		Output Level			Instrument	

Map	Menu_Label1		"LOW & MED"		DEFAULT	Instrument
Map	Menu1		Bands=1-8		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Menu1_ch		ch_Mode=ch1-8			Instrument

Map	X1_Labeli		"Bypass"			Instrument	1-8
Map	X2_Labeli		" Low/Mid "			Instrument	1-8
Map	X3_Labeli		"High "			Instrument	1-8
Map	X4_Labeli		"Random"			Instrument	1-8
Map	X5_Labeli		"Bands"		MENU	Instrument	1-8
Map	X1		0		BYPASS	Instrument	1-8
Map	X2		Faders=F_Env1		ENV	Instrument	1-8
Map	X3		Faders=F_Env2		ENV	Instrument	1-8
Map	X4		0		RANDOMIZE	Instrument	1-8
Map	X5		0			Instrument	1-8

Map	Button Select Up		Env_Focus=Env_view_1		ENV_VIEW	Instrument
Map	Encoder Select Up		Env_Focus=Env_view_2		ENV_VIEW	Instrument

Map	Page Name		"LOW & MED"			Instrument	1-8	F_Env1
Map	Page Element 1		"LOW"			Instrument	1-8	F_Env1
Map	Fader Name Element 1		"CF"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1	
Map	Fader Name Element 2		"EMPH"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1	
Map	Fader Name Element 3		"GAIN"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 1		Low Resonator Cutoff Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 2		Low Resonator Emphasis Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 3		Low Resonator Gain Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1

Map	Page Element 2		"MED"			Instrument	1-8	F_Env1
Map	Fader Name Element 5		"CF"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1	
Map	Fader Name Element 6		"EMPH"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1	
Map	Fader Name Element 7		"GAIN"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 5		Medium Resonator Cutoff Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 6		Medium Resonator Emphasis Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1
Map	Fader 7		Medium Resonator Gain Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env1

Map	Page Name		"High Env"			Instrument	1-8	F_Env2
Map	Page Element 1		"HIGH"			Instrument	1-8	F_Env2
Map	Page Element 2		" "			Instrument	1-8	F_Env2
Map	Fader Name Element 1		"High CF"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env2	
Map	Fader Name Element 2		"EMPH"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env2	
Map	Fader Name Element 3		"GAIN"		ENV	Instrument	F_Env2
Map	Fader 1		High Resonator Cutoff Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env2
Map	Fader 2		High Resonator Emphasis Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env2
Map	Fader 3		High Resonator Gain Level		NAME	Instrument	F_Env2

Map	Fader 5		0			Instrument	F_Env2			
Map	Fader 6		0			Instrument	F_Env2			
Map	Fader 7		0			Instrument	F_Env2							
Map	Fader 8		0			Instrument	F_Env2

trudge

Post 03 Dec 2022

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
30 Nov 2022
trudge wrote:
29 Nov 2022
You can map what ever has been exposed by the developer, which in most cases is nearly all of the parameters, it is a manual process.
The Nektar work with pages, hence why so many controls can be mapped (the biggest mapping I did had over 60 pages), as you are a beginner you should have a look at this excellent editor for making your own mappings. https://remapp.noiseshadow.com/ (nosieshadow is a member of ReasonTalk so any questions you can ask him)

You could watch the beginning of this video (or the whole of it for a better picture) for where to get remote mapping files etc.

Regards
PB
Thank you for clearing some of this up. So as I'm understanding it none of the mapping to the Nektar controller is done automatically, unless its the integrated maps that Nektar has already done and works with their software. The maps that are in the mapping file you had on Facebook or any map has to be manually mapped to the controller. Am I correct on this? The way you map a VST to the controller is by using a program such as Nektarine or the remapp software that you posted. Is that also correct? So once you have mapped and saved it in Nektarine or remapp or other mapping software the VST will automatically be mapped to the device when you load it in Reason or other daws. Am I on the right track for understanding this process?

• Information