Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
polysix

Post 12 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Hello Carly,

thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

here is the link to the zip opsession info file ...

obession info file (zip)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsQ2IuYQrCUuiqy7BU ... U?e=L0OgNx
That link wants me to enter a password.
You can just attach the zipped file to a message here..

Capture.JPG
Ohhh...o.k Thank you verry much :idea:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 12 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020

That link wants me to enter a password.
You can just attach the zipped file to a message here..

Capture.JPG
Are you sure it's not this remote? "Parts Mode"

polysix

Post 13 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
12 Dec 2020

Carly... your are so right :) yes it is! In the remote overview in reason there is no arrow to parts mode (only Parts A/B Mix) that make me confuse. The Obsession is so a great sounding synth. A lot of warmneth and "real" anlaog feeling.

I take a look if I can manage an excel file :D

Carly, i have a other question. If i use your nektar maps i can not use the sequencer in the redrum wich Netar tech brings with her script... do i something wrong???

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 13 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
13 Dec 2020
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Dec 2020

Carly... your are so right :) yes it is! In the remote overview in reason there is no arrow to parts mode (only Parts A/B Mix) that make me confuse. The Obsession is so a great sounding synth. A lot of warmneth and "real" anlaog feeling.

Carly, i have a other question. If i use your nektar maps i can not use the sequencer in the redrum wich Netar tech brings with her script... do i something wrong???
I'll take a look later at the ReDrum however it should be the same mapping so it should be working, maybe they made an update due to a firmware change, that's the only thought coming to mind...

FYI the arrow's don't have to be next the control which you now know :)
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

polysix

Post 14 Dec 2020

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Dec 2020
polysix wrote:
13 Dec 2020

I'll take a look later at the ReDrum however it should be the same mapping so it should be working, maybe they made an update due to a firmware change, that's the only thought coming to mind...

FYI the arrow's don't have to be next the control which you now know :)

Capture.JPG
I'm looking too. I hope I do not make a mistake from my side.

polysix

Post 15 Dec 2020

Hi Carly,

today i take a look but the redrum sequncer does not work on my Nektar. I download the last remotemap from your Dropbox and all works well. But the Redrum looks diffrent on my Nektar p4 Display it looks like a older Version befor the integration from Nektar comes.
The internal sequncer is missing to record like a Tr808 with the buttons on the P4.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 15 Dec 2020

polysix wrote:
15 Dec 2020
Hi Carly,

today i take a look but the redrum sequncer does not work on my Nektar. I download the last remotemap from your Dropbox and all works well. But the Redrum looks diffrent on my Nektar p4 Display it looks like a older Version befor the integration from Nektar comes.
The internal sequncer is missing to record like a Tr808 with the buttons on the P4.
Hi,

I have uploaded a new P1 (and P4/P6) mapping files, should be good now, the mappings for the ReDrum was totally different. Looks like at some point they have changed it, the last lot of merging (which was done back in July 2019) I only looked for new mappings they had which I did not, the last merge before that was a full merge and I remember it took a week to sort out as there are 1000's of mappings and 100's of conflicts that had to be sorted manually, I also remember adding a source so it would be quicker in the future but I have not made use of that LOL. When I find time I will have a closer look to see if any other mappings have changed etc.

Thanks for pointing this out and your help as you saved me a lot of leg work..

Regards

idliketoremainanon

Post 15 Dec 2020

Do VSTs limit the kind of mapping we can do? I'm trying to map Matt Tytel's Helm and I cannot make the MODIFIER1 trick to work to alternate between the different sync modes (there are 4 in Helm)

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 15 Dec 2020

idliketoremainanon wrote:
15 Dec 2020
Do VSTs limit the kind of mapping we can do? I'm trying to map Matt Tytel's Helm and I cannot make the MODIFIER1 trick to work to alternate between the different sync modes (there are 4 in Helm)
The quick answer is no, you should be able to do it.

The long answer is I'm pretty snowed under so I won't be able to look this week.

Noise

Post 15 Jan 2021

Hello! Just bought the P1, still smells like out of the box : }
After researching for a decent controller, I've landed here, and saw this amazing effort of the community to make the p1 useful and took the dive also.
Hope I can help in the future.

Still being a noob at this controller, guess I have everything working, and installed the 22mb remote to the correct place.

I was testing some vst's and the D16 PunchBox ( for example) just says the page names:
| Ver. 2.6 | PoohBear | <faders | knobs> | Random |
And nothing else.

am I missing something ? thank you!!
Albuns: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel

EnochLight

Post 15 Jan 2021

So to all of you long-term (read: older) Panorama owners out there - how are the knobs and sliders holding up on your Panoramas? I've got the first-gen P4 that will be exactly 9 years old this coming July 2021 (which is crazy to think about). I bought it July 19, 2012!

All of my sliders, the main knobs, and both the pitch bend and mod wheel have developed into a sticky sludge on the surfaces. The plastics they used were just horrible. The buttons seem to be holding up fine, but it literally turns my stomach to touch the sliders, knobs, and pitch/mod wheel. Just a heads up for all of you "new" purchasers...

Thinking about taking some 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth and trying to polish this decayed plastic coating off of them, and then paint them all with a few coats of Rust-Oleum Cardinal Red paint. Might breath some new life into this aging thing.
Win 10 | Reason 11 Suite |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Korg Minilogue XD | Roland MX-1

eusti

Post 15 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
15 Jan 2021
So to all of you long-term (read: older) Panorama owners out there - how are the knobs and sliders holding up on your Panoramas? ...

Thinking about taking some 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth and trying to polish this decayed plastic coating off of them, and then paint them all with a few coats of Rust-Oleum Cardinal Red paint. Might breath some new life into this aging thing.
I stripped my Propellerhead Balance that way... And have to say I liked the matte look and feel of it when it was new, but I like it less sticky now! 😊

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 15 Jan 2021

Noise wrote:
15 Jan 2021
After researching for a decent controller, I've landed here, and saw this amazing effort of the community to make the p1 useful and took the dive also.

Still being a noob at this controller, guess I have everything working, and installed the 22mb remote to the correct place.

I was testing some vst's and the D16 PunchBox ( for example) just says the page names:
And nothing else.

That means it's a grab map and you can grab the controls, use the shift on the P1 then move a control on the Virtual instrument then move release the shift and move a control on the P1, it should now be mapped for that session.

Noise

Post 15 Jan 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Noise wrote:
15 Jan 2021

And nothing else.

That means it's a grab map and you can grab the controls, use the shift on the P1 then move a control on the Virtual instrument then move release the shift and move a control on the P1, it should now be mapped for that session.
Thanks Carly, just saw the second part of your video in youtube and educated my self :D
By the way, thanks for the ReSpire remote, that thing was a monster to setup!

Noise

Post 17 Jan 2021

Hello, I've being learning all weekend from your amazing 22mb file, there is so much to cover, my head hurts now.
I knew this was not going to be easy, so I just picked one real easy (it was not lol), and still not mapped in your files.

This is how it will look like on screen. I just wanted do map all faders as default view and I was using the MIXER mode for this.
Capture.jpg
I know this doesn't look like the standard things you guys are creating but it's something! I've studied several examples, like "com.ochenk.GlitchEffect" and it has some options *below* the faders, I like that scheme, but i've tried everything to replicate that with no avail. Something is missing from my side, that's for sure.

Anyways, is there any more documentation with examples ?
Picking this example up, would you guys tackled this in another way ?
If only we could export from Nektarine, life would be great again :(

Thanks!

Code: Select all

Scope	Kuassa	com.kuassa.EfektorGQ3607
Define Group	Mode	Instrument	Mixer	Transport	Channel
Define Group	X_Mode	Default	EQ

//Defaults
Map	Mixer Mode		Mode=Mixer
Map	Instrument Mode		Mode=Instrument
Map	Transport Mode		Mode=Transport
Map	Channel Mode		Mode=Channel

//Defaults + Default Screen
Map	Device Name		"EfektorGQ3607"		MIXER
Map	Patch Name		Patch Name			Instrument

Map	Display Default		0			Mixer

Map	Page Name		"EQ"			Instrument

// CONTROLS 
Map	Name Element 1		NAME		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Knob 1		Equalizer Type		NAME	Instrument

Map	Fader Name Element 1		"FQ1"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 2		"FQ 2"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 3		"FQ 3"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 4		"FQ 4"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 5		"FQ 5"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 6		"FQ 6"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 7		"FQ 7"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader Name Element 8		"LVL"		FADERS	Instrument
Map	Fader 1		Freq Level 1		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 2		Freq Level 2		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 3		Freq Level 3		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 4		Freq Level 4		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 5		Freq Level 5		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 6		Freq Level 6		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 7		Freq Level 7		NAME	Instrument
Map	Fader 8		Level		NAME	Instrument

Map	X1_Labeli		"ON"			Instrument
Map	X1		On / Bypass		CTRL	Instrument

• Information