Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)

Post 29 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
29 Sep 2019
Thanks, but my reason 11 now dont start anymore, when panorama p4 is turned on. Tried several times, no mistake on my side (donwloaded correct remotmap and put it in correct folder in windows). Replaced it back with the original remotemap and everything works fine.
Is your firmware up to date on your Nektar, they only released one the other month..

Edin_16

Post 30 Sep 2019

Yes

Edin_16

Post 30 Sep 2019

...updated again to Panorama_P4_FW_V011403 ... still the same problem

jappe

Post 30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
...updated again to Panorama_P4_FW_V011403 ... still the same problem
Have you tried connecting the Panorama after Reason is started?
From your other post it seems Reason tries to use a port that panorama already occupies.

Edin_16

Post 30 Sep 2019

yes, but then reason crashes. I have installed 9.5, too, but I do not think this causes the error, because when I use the original remote file of the panorama, everything - except ther new devices like europa or monotone - a correct mapped and my p4 is working.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
yes, but then reason crashes. I have installed 9.5, too, but I do not think this causes the error, because when I use the original remote file of the panorama, everything - except ther new devices like europa or monotone - a correct mapped and my p4 is working.
I just download the file and doubled check and everything is working here on my P4.

So just to clarify my file that you have downloaded works OK in Reason 9.5?
however in Reason 11, Reason itself is crashing?

Edin_16

Post 30 Sep 2019

" I just download the file and doubled check and everything is working here on my P4."
-> Ok good to know.

" So just to clarify my file that you have downloaded works OK in Reason 9.5?"
-> No did not tried, but it is the same file in the same Remote directory. . I will try tonight, because how I said, I have reason 9.5 installed, too.

" however in Reason 11, Reason itself is crashing?"
-> Yes

Edin_16

Post 30 Sep 2019

Ok just tested it with 9.5 - it works with that remotemap & suddenly it works now with reason 11. I changed the name of the dropbox file in new.remotemap and changed the name back in Panorama.remotemap. Oh man thats so stupid but it worked.... unbelievable :)

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Ok just tested it with 9.5 - it works with that remotemap & suddenly it works now with reason 11. I changed the name of the dropbox file in new.remotemap and changed the name back in Panorama.remotemap. Oh man thats so stupid but it worked.... unbelievable :)
Glad it's working.

If you rename files in the directory, like Panorama.remotemap to Panorama.old or Panorama.remotemap.old you can get funnies, hence made a note to copy the files away to a different location.

jappe

Post 30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Maybe something cached got refreshed.
Nice you got it working 🙂

BartBackowitz

Post 03 Oct 2019

I'm still somewhat new to Reason so I am not sure if this is a Nektar thing or not.

I have an instance of U-HE repro running in it. I am not using Nektarine, but it still maps a lot of the relevant knobs, which is awesome. So I hit automate and made a lane for Filter cutoff, so I can work the knob while it records. That worked as well. Only thing I notice is that while my movements on the knobs were pretty quick and I had a lot of little subtle movements I wanted to capture, Reason only really put a couple dots down - see below:

Is this a setting in reason or the Nektar that I need to look at?

Reason captures the T4's aftertouch very well and in a detailed manner, so I have to think I am doing something wrong.

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 03 Oct 2019

BartBackowitz wrote:
03 Oct 2019
I'm still somewhat new to Reason so I am not sure if this is a Nektar thing or not.

I have an instance of U-HE repro running in it. I am not using Nektarine, but it still maps a lot of the relevant knobs, which is awesome. So I hit automate and made a lane for Filter cutoff, so I can work the knob while it records. That worked as well. Only thing I notice is that while my movements on the knobs were pretty quick and I had a lot of little subtle movements I wanted to capture, Reason only really put a couple dots down - see below:

Reason captures the T4's aftertouch very well and in a detailed manner, so I have to think I am doing something wrong.
In Reason under Preferences - General, 2nd option "Automation Cleanup Level" set it to Minimum..

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

BartBackowitz

Post 03 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 Oct 2019
BartBackowitz wrote:
03 Oct 2019

In Reason under Preferences - General, 2nd option "Automation Cleanup Level" set it to Minimum..

The PoohBear...

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

arqui

Post 20 Oct 2019

I just finished updating to Reason 11, a question! Is it necessary to update the Nektar driver to the latest version? The issue is that I don't want to lose all the maps I add!
Should I have to update, do I have to uninstall the previous version or is it overwritten? Thank you and sorry for so many questions.
Regards

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 20 Oct 2019

arqui wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I just finished updating to Reason 11, a question! Is it necessary to update the Nektar driver to the latest version? The issue is that I don't want to lose all the maps I add!
Should I have to update, do I have to uninstall the previous version or is it overwritten? Thank you and sorry for so many questions.
Regards
If you have install Reason 11 Suite the best thing to do is copy over your old preference file, if you installed just R11 you should be good to go or on the suite you will need to reinstall the drivers again.

notes for coping over your preference file and VST icons https://www.facebook.com/notes/reason-u ... 28335969/

Note: The last mapping I did does includes the new effects, plus a few of the players (I have not done scenic yet, mainly as I have not really played with it :D )

The PoohBear

EnochLight

Post 20 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2019
arqui wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Regards
If you have install Reason 11 Suite the best thing to do is copy over your old preference file, if you installed just R11 you should be good to go or on the suite you will need to reinstall the drivers again.

notes for coping over your preference file and VST icons https://www.facebook.com/notes/reason-u ... 28335969/

Note: The last mapping I did does includes the new effects, plus a few of the players (I have not done scenic yet, mainly as I have not really played with it :D )

The PoohBear
Carly - he’s asking about his Nektar drivers and maps - not the Reason Preferences files.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 21 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2019

The PoohBear
Carly - he’s asking about his Nektar drivers and maps - not the Reason Preferences files.
If you copy over the old preference file you have all your controllers and midi ports that you had setup on R10, no need to install anything it will all be there.

EnochLight

Post 21 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
21 Oct 2019
EnochLight wrote:
20 Oct 2019

If you copy over the old preference file you have all your controllers and midi ports that you had setup on R10, no need to install anything it will all be there.
Right, I hear you. When he said "maps", I just thought he meant his Remote maps. My bad!
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

arqui

Post 21 Oct 2019

thanks Carly and EnochLight!!
I am testing the previous Nektar driver in Reason 11 suite, and so far without problems ... any inconvenience I warn you.
regards

wendylou

Post 22 Oct 2019

Anyone with access to Reason Studio 11 able to add the new, included instruments to the mega PoohBear's mapping for Nektar P-series?

i.e. Layers Wave Edition, Processed Pianos, Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Virtual Drummer Heavy, Virtual Drummer Phat, Virtual Drummer Solid
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 23 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
22 Oct 2019
Anyone with access to Reason Studio 11 able to add the new, included instruments to the mega PoohBear's mapping for Nektar P-series?

i.e. Layers Wave Edition, Processed Pianos, Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Virtual Drummer Heavy, Virtual Drummer Phat, Virtual Drummer Solid
Hiya,

Feel free to help out, you don't have to know about any code.

If you do feel like having a go I would look at the Virtual drummers first, you will probably find once you have mapped one, the others will be very similar and just a couple of name changes etc.

Mappings do take time, I do plan on doing the Layers, PP and Scenic however when is another matter :)

The PoohBear...

wendylou

Post 23 Oct 2019

Time... I hear ya! I'll see what I can do Friday.

wendylou

Post 25 Oct 2019

Lizard wrote:
16 Sep 2015
Link to Nektar Remote Mapping Instructions:

Mapping Rack Extensions for Panorama
Link is broken and I have not been able to locate the instructions on Nektartech's website.

I'd like to start creating maps for some missing devices in Reason Studio and have time today and this weekend. I have exported some Device Remote Info's from Reason Studio, but now I'd like to actually work on the Mapping if only I could find a tutorial. I already watched Poohbear's video "Helping Us Helping You" but what I seek is Mapping instructions in detail so I can do this myself and submit here.

Boombastix

Post 25 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
25 Oct 2019

Link is broken and I have not been able to locate the instructions on Nektartech's website.
This link? http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=11
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

wendylou

Post 25 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
25 Oct 2019
wendylou wrote:
25 Oct 2019

This link? http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=11
Perfect! Thank you! :puf_smile:

• Information