Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
jappe

30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
...updated again to Panorama_P4_FW_V011403 ... still the same problem
Have you tried connecting the Panorama after Reason is started?
From your other post it seems Reason tries to use a port that panorama already occupies.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
yes, but then reason crashes. I have installed 9.5, too, but I do not think this causes the error, because when I use the original remote file of the panorama, everything - except ther new devices like europa or monotone - a correct mapped and my p4 is working.
I just download the file and doubled check and everything is working here on my P4.

So just to clarify my file that you have downloaded works OK in Reason 9.5?
however in Reason 11, Reason itself is crashing?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Ok just tested it with 9.5 - it works with that remotemap & suddenly it works now with reason 11. I changed the name of the dropbox file in new.remotemap and changed the name back in Panorama.remotemap. Oh man thats so stupid but it worked.... unbelievable :)
Glad it's working.

If you rename files in the directory, like Panorama.remotemap to Panorama.old or Panorama.remotemap.old you can get funnies, hence made a note to copy the files away to a different location.

jappe

30 Sep 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
30 Sep 2019
Ok just tested it with 9.5 - it works with that remotemap & suddenly it works now with reason 11. I changed the name of the dropbox file in new.remotemap and changed the name back in Panorama.remotemap. Oh man thats so stupid but it worked.... unbelievable :)
Maybe something cached got refreshed.
Nice you got it working 🙂

BartBackowitz

03 Oct 2019

I'm still somewhat new to Reason so I am not sure if this is a Nektar thing or not.

I have an instance of U-HE repro running in it. I am not using Nektarine, but it still maps a lot of the relevant knobs, which is awesome. So I hit automate and made a lane for Filter cutoff, so I can work the knob while it records. That worked as well. Only thing I notice is that while my movements on the knobs were pretty quick and I had a lot of little subtle movements I wanted to capture, Reason only really put a couple dots down - see below:

Is this a setting in reason or the Nektar that I need to look at?

Reason captures the T4's aftertouch very well and in a detailed manner, so I have to think I am doing something wrong.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

BartBackowitz wrote:
03 Oct 2019
I'm still somewhat new to Reason so I am not sure if this is a Nektar thing or not.

I have an instance of U-HE repro running in it. I am not using Nektarine, but it still maps a lot of the relevant knobs, which is awesome. So I hit automate and made a lane for Filter cutoff, so I can work the knob while it records. That worked as well. Only thing I notice is that while my movements on the knobs were pretty quick and I had a lot of little subtle movements I wanted to capture, Reason only really put a couple dots down - see below:

Reason captures the T4's aftertouch very well and in a detailed manner, so I have to think I am doing something wrong.
In Reason under Preferences - General, 2nd option "Automation Cleanup Level" set it to Minimum..

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

BartBackowitz

03 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
03 Oct 2019
BartBackowitz wrote:
03 Oct 2019

In Reason under Preferences - General, 2nd option "Automation Cleanup Level" set it to Minimum..

The PoohBear...

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

arqui

20 Oct 2019

I just finished updating to Reason 11, a question! Is it necessary to update the Nektar driver to the latest version? The issue is that I don't want to lose all the maps I add!
Should I have to update, do I have to uninstall the previous version or is it overwritten? Thank you and sorry for so many questions.
Regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

arqui wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I just finished updating to Reason 11, a question! Is it necessary to update the Nektar driver to the latest version? The issue is that I don't want to lose all the maps I add!
Should I have to update, do I have to uninstall the previous version or is it overwritten? Thank you and sorry for so many questions.
Regards
If you have install Reason 11 Suite the best thing to do is copy over your old preference file, if you installed just R11 you should be good to go or on the suite you will need to reinstall the drivers again.

notes for coping over your preference file and VST icons https://www.facebook.com/notes/reason-u ... 28335969/

Note: The last mapping I did does includes the new effects, plus a few of the players (I have not done scenic yet, mainly as I have not really played with it :D )

The PoohBear

EnochLight

20 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2019
arqui wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Regards
If you have install Reason 11 Suite the best thing to do is copy over your old preference file, if you installed just R11 you should be good to go or on the suite you will need to reinstall the drivers again.

notes for coping over your preference file and VST icons https://www.facebook.com/notes/reason-u ... 28335969/

Note: The last mapping I did does includes the new effects, plus a few of the players (I have not done scenic yet, mainly as I have not really played with it :D )

The PoohBear
Carly - he’s asking about his Nektar drivers and maps - not the Reason Preferences files.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2019

EnochLight wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2019

The PoohBear
Carly - he’s asking about his Nektar drivers and maps - not the Reason Preferences files.
If you copy over the old preference file you have all your controllers and midi ports that you had setup on R10, no need to install anything it will all be there.

EnochLight

21 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
21 Oct 2019
EnochLight wrote:
20 Oct 2019

If you copy over the old preference file you have all your controllers and midi ports that you had setup on R10, no need to install anything it will all be there.
Right, I hear you. When he said "maps", I just thought he meant his Remote maps. My bad!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

arqui

21 Oct 2019

thanks Carly and EnochLight!!
I am testing the previous Nektar driver in Reason 11 suite, and so far without problems ... any inconvenience I warn you.
regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

wendylou

22 Oct 2019

Anyone with access to Reason Studio 11 able to add the new, included instruments to the mega PoohBear's mapping for Nektar P-series?

i.e. Layers Wave Edition, Processed Pianos, Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Virtual Drummer Heavy, Virtual Drummer Phat, Virtual Drummer Solid
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
22 Oct 2019
Anyone with access to Reason Studio 11 able to add the new, included instruments to the mega PoohBear's mapping for Nektar P-series?

i.e. Layers Wave Edition, Processed Pianos, Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Virtual Drummer Heavy, Virtual Drummer Phat, Virtual Drummer Solid
Hiya,

Feel free to help out, you don't have to know about any code.

If you do feel like having a go I would look at the Virtual drummers first, you will probably find once you have mapped one, the others will be very similar and just a couple of name changes etc.

Mappings do take time, I do plan on doing the Layers, PP and Scenic however when is another matter :)

The PoohBear...

wendylou

23 Oct 2019

Time... I hear ya! I'll see what I can do Friday.

wendylou

25 Oct 2019

Lizard wrote:
16 Sep 2015
Link to Nektar Remote Mapping Instructions:

Mapping Rack Extensions for Panorama
Link is broken and I have not been able to locate the instructions on Nektartech's website.

I'd like to start creating maps for some missing devices in Reason Studio and have time today and this weekend. I have exported some Device Remote Info's from Reason Studio, but now I'd like to actually work on the Mapping if only I could find a tutorial. I already watched Poohbear's video "Helping Us Helping You" but what I seek is Mapping instructions in detail so I can do this myself and submit here.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
25 Oct 2019

Link is broken and I have not been able to locate the instructions on Nektartech's website.
This link? http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=11
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

wendylou

25 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
25 Oct 2019
wendylou wrote:
25 Oct 2019

This link? http://support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctyp ... ategory=11
Perfect! Thank you! :puf_smile:

wendylou

28 Oct 2019

I perused the latest 21+ MB Panorama.remotemap file for the P series and have to say the sheer effort that went into this community version is extraordinary! Kudos to Poohbear and all contributors. Simply amazing and – depending on the device – unbelievable amount of coding. A tremendous effort! Very much blown away by some of the complex device code with the numerous pages. Amazing work!

I'm on macOS Catalina and so my old 32-bit TextWrangler that shows line numbers no longer works. So I opened the file in TextEdit, and although you can search for a line number, it does not display them. It also does not show tabs in plain text, only RTF. And if convert to RTF to enble to tab bar display, it doesn't show hidden tabs in the text. I tried some free 3rd party text editors but a few choked on the 21 MB file. Even opening the file in Apple Numbers I got a warning that there were too many rows and so it stopped showing the data after it reached its limit. As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that. Kinda overkill and a large installation but it will do the job better than other text editors I have; paid text editors notwithstanding.

Not sure I will become a contributor but I will try.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2019

wendylou wrote:
28 Oct 2019
As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that.
I just looked for macOS alternatives for Notepad++ and the editor that keeps popping up is CotEditor. Just wanted to throw that in here.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

wendylou

28 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
28 Oct 2019
wendylou wrote:
28 Oct 2019
As the Nektar article states that they use Xcode on macOS, I'm installing that.
I just looked for macOS alternatives for Notepad++ and the editor that keeps popping up is CotEditor. Just wanted to throw that in here.
Thanks. Yes, I tried that, looks nice, but it seemed to choke on the 21+ MB text file. It just kept loading more and more, slowly. It never reached the end of the file. It think someone commented about that in the App store. Anywho, I did install Xcode from the app store and its a great editor for free. Very configurable with syntax colors and tabs vs spaces. Now I just need to apply myself! I'm pretty awestruck by Poohbear's stuff. Some of those multiple "page" definitions within a device, i.e. beyond 20+ page group clusters in some cases, is just amazing work. The level of control mapped out is amazing. I'm going to see if I can do a simpler RE like UJAM Drummers.

MaddisonNaylor

17 Dec 2019

Lizard wrote:
16 Sep 2015

So you own a Nektar P Series controller? That is fantastic news! My personal take on this series of controllers is that there is no other controller that integrates this well and offers as much depth into the functionality of Propellerhead’s Reason and the supporting Re from 3rd party developers. One of the great aspects of the P-Series is that Re devices can be mapped in whole to the controller’s remote map. This is done without having to balance a number of controller faders, buttons and knobs with a finite set of presets. Many controllers will only offer say 20. The P1, P4 and P6 allows for continual building of supported devices in its remote map and allows multi-page set ups through menus so that ALL parameters are mapped. Switching back and for the between tracks and the controller updating with a new setoff control parameters is a snap with all knobs and faders clearly labeled. It’s pretty slick. Only drawback is that Nektar can’t see into the future to map devices that aren’t released yet. Yeah… a bummer. So once the user gets a recently released device it 99.9 % of the time will not be able to be controlled with your Nektar immediately. It is not until a map is made and then included in newest update. Sometimes this can take a while.

Good News!!!! Nektar has provided some instruction on how to create your own maps and modify if you see fit. Hopefully over time this knowledge base will grow and provide more instruction and templates to make it easier for its users to create their own to append their remote map. In hopes that people are willing to learn this step I have created this thread for users to post their maps to share with the community and if need be make requests. I will update this thread with better information as it is available and help aid in better organizing our efforts to make best use of and keep current this wonderful controller. Any thoughts, advice or suggestions are certainly welcome. Thanks in advance for sharing!

Link to Nektar Remote Mapping Instructions:

Mapping Rack Extensions for Panorama

How do I use any of these maps in this thread?

Adding any of these maps to your remote map is pretty easy. Get yourself a decent text editor. This can probably be done in notepad but some programs are better suited for editing code files such as these. There are several free ones available on the web. Simply find the Panorama.remotemap (see Nektar's Remote Mapping Instruction) and open it up. Scroll all the way to the bottom of file. Put your cursor at the end of the last text of code and hit enter twice. This will allow for a separation between the existing code of the file and what you are about to append. Then go to this thread and copy the code from within the window of the device map you'd like to copy. Select all of that code gbwhatsapp 2020 and copy and go to your editor. Then paste the recently copied code to the end. Save the file over the old one and you should be done. Next time you start Reason that device should be available to you.

Bit of Advice : It is always a good idea to keep a backup copy of your official and last known working copy (if appended) version of remote maps before making any changes. In the event you have issues it is easy to overwrite the panorma map with a known working one.
I can confirm that RE developers have enough control over the naming of the Remote items that they can really screw things up, and make the Remote names completely inconsistent with the control labels. :)
It is also very easy for developers to simply pull this information out of their code, but it isn't in the same format as a remote map, and has to be converted.

lazertronix

11 Jan 2020

Hi!

I tried switching the file Panorama.remotemap but now nothing works. What am I doing wrong?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2020

lazertronix wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Hi!

I tried switching the file Panorama.remotemap but now nothing works. What am I doing wrong?
Did you update your firmware and install the new mappings from Nektar first as they have changed their codec file which these mappings adhere to.

• Information