Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)

Post 24 Oct 2018

Iggster wrote:
24 Oct 2018
Hey Carly,

I'm also struggling with this...

I've updated the firmware via the Nektar website and used your latest mappings file from early July and some VSTs are not behaving as expected. The Nekta website does not make it easy to understand but I think the Nektar firmware is up to date as it includes Europa mappings.

The main one i'm having issues with is Synthmaster which only has a couple of controls mapped to my P4. The patch +/- button is also having no effect on any of the VSTs i'm using including Synthmaster (as well as Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro) which makes using and auditioning presets on VSTs really tedious.

I've tried remotely mapping by hand but the patch buttons don't seem to be mappable and i've never had any luck using the patch browser buttons on the VST wrapper RE. Surely this is right....

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
Hi, not everything is mappable, also there are a couple of things that are going on.
First the mappings in general, the mapping for Synthmaster is what I call a basic mapping (you can tell they are basic mappings as they have the Page1, Page2 options or some have Page A, Page B, Page C, Page D), these mappings are setup with about 24 common parameters mapped, they are also setup to make use of the grab functionality.
The patch buttons are mapped as default to the patch buttons of the VST interface itself and there ain't that many VST's that make use of that plus they browse the Reason browser.
In the case of the Synthmaster you can audition patches a couple of ways, one is use your typing keyboard up and down arrows, the second way is map the function keys on the Nektar to do Up and Down..

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 24 Oct 2018

illlumen wrote:
24 Oct 2018

Hey Carly,
at the moment I have 18 Instruments and 30 Effects that I want to prepare for work with my P1.
I've fiddled around with Arp Odyssey. I have copied some code from substractor to get the map working - but I still have problems with the faders not getting recognized.
Is there some kind of Template, where I "only" have to fill in the blank spaces? That would be so helpful.
Something where every single knob, button and fader is already there but as an empty slot - so I could just fill my desired destinations in.
I'd love to share my final results here.
My most used Instruments are u-he Repro-5 | TAL-U-No-LX-V2 | Korg Wavestation | Arturia DX-7 | Arturia CMI V[
The effects FabFilter Pro-Q2 | SoundToys Echoboy | Unfiltered Audio Sandman & SpecOps | Valhalla Vintage Verb
There are 3 types of mappings Basic, Full and Grab (well really there is just mappings but this is how we refer to them).
Basic are just key parameters mapped but are setup to make sure of the grab functionality. (created by Nektar)
Full are more or less every parameter that can be mapped (in most cases, I did map out predator 2 recently and mapped everything apart from the ARP section). (Created by Nektar and the community)
Grab don't have anything mapped but are ready to grab parameters, there are over 2200 of these maps (created by myself as a quick workaround)

If you are new mapping you may want to look at the basic maps, basic maps will have a line of code near the beginning of

Code: Select all

Map	Device Name		"_DEVICENAMEHERE"		HOME
basically you map your parameter to a ctrl number, then that ctrl number to the encoder\fader.

If you would like a more full map then please see this, if you do the first part of the work I will produce the code for it.

Regards
PoohBear

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 29 Nov 2018

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New Mapping

ARP ODYSSEY
GO2 VST
LEGEND VST
Horizons
DX7 Arturia

BRITPRESSOR >Grab
SSQ >Grab
MJUC >Grab

Mapping Updated

CS-80 >updated to full mapping
Fault >updated to full mapping

New Files Added
None

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap
PanoramaP1.remotemap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

NOTE: The file Panorama(P1).remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread + any that Nektar have released them selves.

This file has to be replace\merged and can be found at:-

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

OlafK

Post 12 Dec 2018

Hello Carly and the community.

I am new here at Reasontalk and I am also new owner of a P1!

I really like it and I also like what you do for all Nektar users. The maps are great and it is a shame, that Nektar is not doing this for there customers.

I also got a question! I saw that Poltergeist was also added, but it doesn't work for me! I got the "No Mapping" message on my P1! Is this an error or is it not working with the P1 at the moment?

The following REs are also not working, but if I am right, they have not been mapped until now!

The Beatmakers
Granada 49
Luna & Maia
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Layers Wave

Thank you for your great work!

Greetings from Germany
Olaf

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 12 Dec 2018

OlafK wrote:
12 Dec 2018
Hello Carly and the community.

I am new here at Reasontalk and I am also new owner of a P1!

I really like it and I also like what you do for all Nektar users. The maps are great and it is a shame, that Nektar is not doing this for there customers.

I also got a question! I saw that Poltergeist was also added, but it doesn't work for me! I got the "No Mapping" message on my P1! Is this an error or is it not working with the P1 at the moment?

The following REs are also not working, but if I am right, they have not been mapped until now!

The Beatmakers
Granada 49
Luna & Maia
Umpf Club
Umpf Retro
Layers Wave

Thank you for your great work!

Greetings from Germany
Olaf
Poltergeist has been sorted and the dropbox updated, it was down to scope name change.

Yes you are correct those have not been done, my time is quite short at the moment and I only have been working on mappings where I own the RE or VST.

PoohBear

Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

OlafK

Post 14 Dec 2018

Hello Carly

Thank you! I totally understand you.

And Poltergeist is working now! :-)

Greetings
Olaf

• Information