Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
tiker01
Posts: 1212
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:That's why it is important that devs just provide a dedicated Remote list on release, although I do find it a pain that things like tab spacing, which is essential to be right in order for Remote to work, tends to get stripped out of pdfs and websites.
This would be awesome if developers would do this.
Why PH doesn`t make DEVs to publish this? Remote is just as important as a user manual!
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 10
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

User avatar
ScuzzyEye
Posts: 1305
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

tiker01 wrote:Why PH doesn`t make DEVs to publish this? Remote is just as important as a user manual!
The better question is: Why isn't this extracted from the RE when it is added to the store, and a link automatically proved?

User avatar
tiker01
Posts: 1212
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:
tiker01 wrote:Why PH doesn`t make DEVs to publish this? Remote is just as important as a user manual!
The better question is: Why isn't this extracted from the RE when it is added to the store, and a link automatically proved?
Maybe we should bang on PH`s door! :D
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 10
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:
tiker01 wrote:Why PH doesn`t make DEVs to publish this? Remote is just as important as a user manual!
The better question is: Why isn't this extracted from the RE when it is added to the store, and a link automatically proved?
That is a pretty good idea. Given what I know of files created in development (and I know you do too) there is a section dedicated to listing just these items. This would be a very easy thing thing to do I would think. What is also important is relationships of controls as well. That may not be so easy. As we know some controls control more than one remote item depending on the condition of the other. If this was also known then making maps (for this controller at least) would be a snap and you wouldn't have to own or even have a trial version to do it.
Last edited by Lizard on 26 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tiker01
Posts: 1212
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

Everybody wants a flawless experience when in a creative flow instead of mapping things! I think PH should concentrate on providing an easy way to control Reason and Re-s and make it easier controller developers to support Re-s. Also I think they should tighten up the collaboration with a given controller manufacturer e.g. Nektar tech. as Ableton did with AKAI.

My dream solution would be to have a utility which could read the Remote files and front cover of Res and let users edit/create controller mappings graphically for all the controllers than transfer the info to Reason`s codec/map folder. This could be developed by PH and Nektar together but should be easily adaptable by other controller manufacturers.
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 10
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

@tiker01

I agree with you there. In my previous thread that got this kicked off I discussed how a graphical representation for this keyboard series would be great so that it makes it easier for all owners who want to map there own devices and create menus and map Re's that they have. If not yet supported they can do so quickly, publish for all to use or just modify the ones they have. But it's all about resources right? Nektar is trying to reach to several markets right now and get involved with various softwares and operating systems. As approched in this thread already, you have to know the remotable items. The easiest way is to have the device right? You either own it or decide to trial it. It can also be done by having a remote map listed in the documentation of one's manual. It still has to have things like the Product ID ( which looks like com.CoolCompanyName.AwesomeRe ) and all remotes actual names (not as they appear of the GUI). Some people have been good about publishing the remote names but some just show a MIDI implementation chart which sometimes omits these little pieces. Then you are back to either having to own it, trial it or ask someone outright for the info. I also said to map one in the blind it will help to know the relationship between controls. Some remotable items are dependent on the state of other controls such as "Sync" switches. I will say that with guidance this is still capable in the hands of many but putting all the peices together requires persistence which makes a lot of people not want to see it through to the end.

Ultimately, I think it would be in Propeelerheads best interest to have an area to publish all this information. They have it as it is submitted with each developers project. The assembly code has it. They could add this as projects are approved so that anyone can search for it. As it is developed on their SDK and they have 30-50% stake in all Re sales this would be appreciated and only further benefit them. My opinion of course.
Last edited by Lizard on 26 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 24 Sep 2015

It's so ironic that we've went from a "replace hardware" mentality (well, their marketing approach anyway), when all we really ever wanted to do was to control Reason just like a piece of hardware at the end of the day. :puf_bigsmile:
replace_hardware.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 24 Sep 2015

@Enoch

LOL! Yes I remember the Campaign. I think that was around 3.0 if I am correct. At that time it was the Combinator that was being touted yeah? The rage in hardware was workstation keyboards and the advantage they had was the great amount of layering that could be done. Big combination patches and so on. I had a Korg Triton at the time. But you are absolutely right. I think what everyone wanted was to take all that hardware we used to have and convert it to software (much less space) but still have the "hands on" of hardware. I've had several controllers that have been a pain to take the time to program. The Nektar P6 I have has been the most enjoyable controller to date by far! I'm just trying to give it an advantage here if I can. :D

Today's offering....

I haven't a whole bunch. But I have added mapping for Skrock's new Nautilus synthesizer. So Nektar owners have the chance to test it with their P-Series if they are trialing it right away. Replace your exisintg Panorama.remotemap with the Unofficial Map download in the first post.
Last edited by Lizard on 26 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 24 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:Thanks for helping test these Enoch! First Subject......

Sugar Bytes. Ok their Re are kinda messed up to begin with. The problem with their stuff is that there is a pull down menu on most of them which is considered to be a value switch property. This meaning that based on it's selection it will change which remotable tiem it is to control. Most common we see are SYNC switches that change a control from free to sync mode. Issue with sugar bytes is that their "switch" is not a remotable item which only allows me to map a knob to each individual property. When drop down is in free mode you won't see the value move if you operate the sync knob. Oddly it is actually still changing value of that but would have no effect on patch. So... this leads me to your opinion. Is it better to remove them altogether to avoid the confusion or leave them as it still does operate most of the control (except dropdown)? I am interested for your opinion.

GQ-7. Are you absolutely sure you created a track for it in the sequencer? It will of course not respond unless done. On my machine I do have control of GQ-7. I would not expect it has no control at all. Verify for me if you can. If still same then I will ask Justin what could be the issue.

GClip Waveshaping. This is most likely on my end and I don't have the proper info. The remotes were taken from the remote thread. Does it recognize GClip at all? Like in the upper right corner does it say "GClip"? If so then I have the Product ID correct. If not then I don't. Also, can you confirm that the remote items are named correctly? If you right click and do a remote override do the remote items match the names listed below? This would help a lot!

Oversample
Gain
Clip
Softness
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this; got caught up in stuff. To answer your questions:

Sugar Bytes. My gut feeling is to remove them altogether to avoid confusion, but I'm sure there will be those who want it anyway.

GQ-7. I'm absolutely sure I created a track for it in the sequencer. I was mistaken about one thing though - it does allow you to change patches - but it still reads "NO MAPPING" in big letters where the patch name should be. The device name does not show up in the upper right, however; strangely enough the patch name shows up in the upper left in small letters in a read box. No knob control or buttons mapped, though.

GClip Waveshaping. Similar to GQ-7, the device name does not show up in the upper right, but the patch name shows up in the upper left. The main display still reads "NO MAPPING" though, and no knobs or buttons work. Remote mapping names are as follows:

GClip 1 - Oversample
GClip 1 - Gain
GClip 1 - Clip
GClip 1 - Softness

Looks like the characters "GClip 1 - " need to be inserted, perhaps? Maybe this is the same issue with GQ-7...
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 182
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 25 Sep 2015

Thanks for sharing...

GQ-7 work fine to me.
     

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 25 Sep 2015

arqui wrote:Thanks for sharing...

GQ-7 work fine to me.
I'm beginning to think I have a corrupt Remote file or need to reset my P4. I'm planning to do this tonight or tomorrow and will report my results. The fact that GQ7 works fine for you as well as Lizard clearly indicates there's something wrong on my end!
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:
arqui wrote:Thanks for sharing...

GQ-7 work fine to me.
I'm beginning to think I have a corrupt Remote file or need to reset my P4. I'm planning to do this tonight or tomorrow and will report my results. The fact that GQ7 works fine for you as well as Lizard clearly indicates there's something wrong on my end!
Thanks Enoch and Arqui! Definitely keep me posted on this. Can anyone confirm of the new maps I've added ones that work right for them? I'd like to be able to validate some as well. In addition feel free to offer improvements to any maps that are added. I am trying to make them layout as simple to understand as I can. At least how I'd expect them to be but it is my perception. My biggest difficulty is trying to determine what the default items should be. For example... I have Tubetech mapped but the default page is basically empty. I can map 8 controls to default that would be most common but that is subject to opinion and for this is looks like an empty page. I can add what people think is most important. Lastly which I may repetitively repeat is that if there is a device you want mapped let me know. I'll try to give it priority I'll just need some info because I most likely do not have it at this point. :)
Last edited by Lizard on 26 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 25 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:For example... I have Tubetech mapped but the default page is basically empty. I can map 8 controls to default that would be most common but that is subject to opinion and for this is looks like an empty page. I can add what people think is most important.
I own Tubetech and can help test stuff. Let me take a look and offer my opinion this weekend!
Lizard wrote:Lastly which I may repetitively repeat is that if there is a device you want mapped let me know. I'll try to give it priority I'll just need some info because I most likely do not have it at this point. :)
Rob Papen's Vecto and Blamsoft's Zero - full menu mapping... ;) :puf_bigsmile:
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 25 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:Rob Papen's Vecto and Blamsoft's Zero - full menu mapping... ;) :puf_bigsmile:
Tall order... but I'm not afraid. I'll give it a shot. Zero I have. So I can test that one as I am making it. Vectro... I don't own. But Rob looks to be pretty good about providing the remote scopes and remote items. I'll try it and maybe you can verify for me after I get something together. Cool?
Last edited by Lizard on 26 Sep 2015, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 182
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 25 Sep 2015

I am studying logic using these mapping files. when I understand a little one to create more mappings. Today I was watching Vecto, complicated. :)
     

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 26 Sep 2015

arqui wrote:I am studying logic using these mapping files. when I understand a little one to create more mappings. Today I was watching Vecto, complicated. :)
Well some of these are not for the weak at heart for sure. But the more you work with them and see how they are put together you feel more comfortable. I have started Zero but it is ...... crazy. Give me some time. :) In the meantime I've added the following........

C1-Alpha Compressor - Please Test and Verify
C1L1 Compressor
C1-Sigma Compressor - Please Test and Verify
EVE-AT1 EQ - Please Test and Verify
RE 302 32 Band EQ - Please Test and Verify
RE180 Dynamic Driver

It was a Red Rock kind of Day. Panorama Remote File has been updated.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 27 Sep 2015

OK, so after factory resetting my P4, downloading the latest Lizard remote file, and re-initializing my P4 as a controller in Reason, everything seems to be working - including control of GQ7. Had to be some weirdness on my P4's end; sorry about that guys!

@Lizard - I'll toy around with the TubeTech stuff and offer my thoughts. So far, control seems to be as logical as it could be.

Cheers
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:OK, so after factory resetting my P4, downloading the latest Lizard remote file, and re-initializing my P4 as a controller in Reason, everything seems to be working - including control of GQ7. Had to be some weirdness on my P4's end; sorry about that guys!

@Lizard - I'll toy around with the TubeTech stuff and offer my thoughts. So far, control seems to be as logical as it could be.

Cheers
This is great news Enoch! Glad it worked out for you. Feel free to comment on the construction of any of these new maps. If you think there are improvements please feel free to offer suggestions. I am away from my Nektar for the next couple of weeks so I will more likely not be releasing an update to the Unofficial Maps because I have no way to even assure they will load. However I still have plenty of time to work on bigger items like Zero and Vectro.

I am still interested in knowing what works as well as what doesn't. If anybody has any of Re additionally mapped in this thread please verify. Thanks!

polysix
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 28 Sep 2015

Hello Nekatar users,

at the last weakend i do my first steps with my p4 remote map. To test it, i do the steps from the nektar info´s for the Blamesoft Audio Splitter. On first time all works well. After i deselct / select the P4 in Reason it maps it verry well on my p4.
But after i do a restart of Reason it seems that the remotemap file do not work. I load the Audiosplitter and do make a seq. track but on my P4 is only "No Mpaaing" in the display.

Today i make a test. I write some crazy false code in the remote file. I deselct and selcet it in REASON. But.... no Error massge comes out ! It seems that REASON do not work with it. I copy the template from Nektar in the folder. And e.g Quad do not work too. It seems that the remote map was not listen by REASON or P4.
Did somebody have the same problems? Did somebody have a idea what i can do that the map file works well?
Is there a problem with with my editor (notepad++) that makes a corupped file?

I hope my rough English make not so much confusion :-)

I use:
Windows 10
Reason 8.3
Notepad++ (for editing the remote map)
Nektar Panorama P4

Thanks a lot ! And Greatings
polysix

User avatar
arqui
Posts: 182
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 28 Sep 2015

maybe the notepad is the problem, I use Programmers notepad.
     

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Sep 2015

@polysix

As stated the remote maps are saved in C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar. Open that up in Windows Explorer. Look to see if you have a file in there called Panorama.txt. Often Notepad++ if you choose Save As it will save your remote map as a text file. This WILL NOT overwrite the panorama.remotemap file. It would be safe to say if you have that then this is where you were writing to. But you say it WAS working and then it wasn't. That I am a little confused with. Look to see if you have the panorama.txt file first. If it there open it and see if it looks familiar.

Also, the unofficial map has a working version of Blamsoft's Audio Splitter if you want to compare notes.

User avatar
EnochLight
Posts: 5649
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: your mom

Post 28 Sep 2015

polysix wrote:Hello Nekatar users,

at the last weakend i do my first steps with my p4 remote map. To test it, i do the steps from the nektar info´s for the Blamesoft Audio Splitter. On first time all works well. After i deselct / select the P4 in Reason it maps it verry well on my p4.
But after i do a restart of Reason it seems that the remotemap file do not work. I load the Audiosplitter and do make a seq. track but on my P4 is only "No Mpaaing" in the display.

Today i make a test. I write some crazy false code in the remote file. I deselct and selcet it in REASON. But.... no Error massge comes out ! It seems that REASON do not work with it. I copy the template from Nektar in the folder. And e.g Quad do not work too. It seems that the remote map was not listen by REASON or P4.
Did somebody have the same problems? Did somebody have a idea what i can do that the map file works well?
Is there a problem with with my editor (notepad++) that makes a corupped file?

I hope my rough English make not so much confusion :-)

I use:
Windows 10
Reason 8.3
Notepad++ (for editing the remote map)
Nektar Panorama P4

Thanks a lot ! And Greatings
polysix
Did you try doing a factory reset on your P4 and then unchecking/checking off the P4 as a controller in Reason? Also, try Lizard's remote file at the top of this thread and see if that one works OK. I think he also used Programmer's Notepad, though - not Notepad ++.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

User avatar
Lizard
Posts: 431
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:Did you try doing a factory reset on your P4 and then unchecking/checking off the P4 as a controller in Reason? Also, try Lizard's remote file at the top of this thread and see if that one works OK. I think he also used Programmer's Notepad, though - not Notepad ++.
On this subject I've used both. I will switch back and forth to be honest. I think that Programmer's Notepad may be best used for this kind of work. It is not as feature rich and that is the benefit here. I like how the white spaces are clearly shows when that option is selected. Notepad++ is a light yellow and sometimes hard to see. The cool thing about Notepad++ is that it remembers what you had open so when you open it back up all the files you were working on also open back up. That is a nice feature. So.... eh.... choose what works best for you. But I have noticed I have somehow saved my Panorama maps as TXT files with Notepad++. This has been kind of a PITA and lead to problems for me in the past.

polysix
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 07 Oct 2015

thanks a lot in the round...
all your tips helps a lot and after some hours i do clean with regclenaer the windows regestry and temp files. I switch to Notepad Programmers and all seems to work well. I begin some steps for a Template for Ochen K. PCV extension and it seems it works fine. If i can fineshed something i will post the code here.

Greats
polysix

polysix
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Sep 2015

Post 12 Oct 2015

Hello Reason + Nektar P Series user :puf_smile: ,

i´m in work with a template for Ochen K. Probatily CV Trigger Divice to learn how it works.
But i stand at a point that i don´t know how something works or my code is incorrect.
Is there a place that we can change tempates or is there someone who can take a look at my template and can give
me some tips?

I wont post my code that is not working correct here in this forum, i think it makes so much confsuions.

Can you help me?

Greats
polysix

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest