Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
fanatek
RE Developer

17 May 2016

Anothers, I do like making these maps :puf_bigsmile:

AirRaid Audio Elements - DS-LFO
Robotic Bean MC-1 More Cowbell

It would be cool if you add them to the first post maps, if you like them of course ;)
Attachments
MC-1.txt
(768 Bytes) Downloaded 216 times
E-DSLFO.txt
(3.79 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
http://www.bcase.fr - Orleans FR - Ableton Live 11 Suite, Reason 11 Suite, Nektar P4

Lizard

17 May 2016

Pinkbox wrote:That's right, it doesn't seem to come from this thread, and I don't remember where I got it.
Maybe that's why it's not working...
Well.... I have FM4. I can try to map it and put it up if you need it. I thought I would have done that already. :( How did I miss it?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 May 2016

Pinkbox wrote:That's right, it doesn't seem to come from this thread, and I don't remember where I got it.
Maybe that's why it's not working...
If you want to PM me your remote file I will have a look at it..

When you say it does not work, what is happening?

Pinkbox

17 May 2016

I had that invalid parameter in line xxx error.
I can't find this remote file on my computer, I must have deleted it... or dreamed of it... I'm confused.

It's really kind to propose to map it Lizard. I think it could be useful to a lot of people :)

Lizard

17 May 2016

Pinkbox wrote:I had that invalid parameter in line xxx error.
I can't find this remote file on my computer, I must have deleted it... or dreamed of it... I'm confused.

It's really kind to propose to map it Lizard. I think it could be useful to a lot of people :)
Yeah. Let's put it up here. Either Poohbear or I will look at it and see if we can get it going. If most of the work is done already it might be worth looking at. Else.... we just do it again right? :)

willowman

19 May 2016

howdy people, I'm a complete and utter technical retard, to be totally honest I haven't a clue how to set up the maps for my p1 (perhaps one day some kind soul would make a tutorial on how to do this)....today's reason 9 release news has got me thinking (and worrying) if 9 will have any adverse effects on using my p1 ?
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 May 2016

willowman wrote:howdy people, I'm a complete and utter technical retard, to be totally honest I haven't a clue how to set up the maps for my p1 (perhaps one day some kind soul would make a tutorial on how to do this)....today's reason 9 release news has got me thinking (and worrying) if 9 will have any adverse effects on using my p1 ?
It should all be fine, as it was with 8...

mgagne01

22 May 2016

I would like to help with mapping some new RE's. I'm still in the learning mode, trying to figure the commands to create more than the main display (group define) I guess. Where can I found more info to learn how to create more complicated remote maps.. thanks in advance :)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 May 2016

mgagne01 wrote:I would like to help with mapping some new RE's. I'm still in the learning mode, trying to figure the commands to create more than the main display (group define) I guess. Where can I found more info to learn how to create more complicated remote maps.. thanks in advance :)
This is the official help web page http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... tegory=21c
however I personal think it's not that much help at all for any advanced stuff.

I think my Lithium mapping is a very clean mapping, the menu however is a bit more complex as I wanted to give the choice of where to map the controls i.e. most mappings are mapped to the "Ch Knobs" and I wanted to give people the option of mapping to either the knobs above the faders, the faders and the standard Knobs ("Ch Knobs").

I learned the mapping by trial and error, slow and frustrating at times as you think you understand something that works well and then something else just starts to break it !!!

Find a good editor to use, I know that some people use Excel which is good for the layout (funny really as I am an Excel wiz but I don't use it), I use an old program (it has been kept up to date) called vbsedit ( http://www.vbsedit.com/ ) and the main reason I use that is it has code snippets, so I can recall bits of code very quickly, i.e. I have one called "ch knobs" which will produce this in my editor etc

Code: Select all

Map	Name Element 1		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 2		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 3		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 4		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 5		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 6		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 7		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Name Element 8		""			Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 1				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 2				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 3				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 4				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 5				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 6				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 7				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Map	Ch Knob 8				Name	Instrument	ch_zabc	zpage
Helps produce a skeleton structure quickly and keeps my code quite standard throughout to me.

If you are having issues post and ask questions here..

I know that you have sent me a PM about the "Megasaur Supersaw Snythesizer" however I don't own it and have already tried that so I won't be mapping it (however you could ask the developer of that RE to send me a copy for mapping purposes (they might even have a beta version that I could trial ))..

I know that you are having difficulty with page selection. something like this will work (change the zpageX to zoscX and the zabc to your ch_mode)

Code: Select all

Define Group	zpage_vars	zpage1	zpage2	zpage3	

Map	Page Name		"OSC 1"			Instrument	zabc	zpage1
Map	Page Name		"OSC 2"			Instrument	zabc	zpage2
Map	Page Name		"OSC 3"			Instrument	zabc	zpage3

Map	X1_Labeli		"<OSC 3"			Instrument	zabc	zpage1
Map	X1_Labeli		"<OSC 1"			Instrument	zabc	zpage2
Map	X1_Labeli		"<OSC 2"			Instrument	zabc	zpage3

Map	X2_Labeli		"OSC 2>"			Instrument	zabc	zpage1
Map	X2_Labeli		"OSC 3>"			Instrument	zabc	zpage2
Map	X2_Labeli		"OSC 1>"			Instrument	zabc	zpage3

Map	X1		zpage_vars=zpage3			Instrument	zabc	zpage1
Map	X1		zpage_vars=zpage1			Instrument	zabc	zpage2
Map	X1		zpage_vars=zpage2			Instrument	zabc	zpage3

Map	X2		zpage_vars=zpage2			Instrument	zabc	zpage1
Map	X2		zpage_vars=zpage3			Instrument	zabc	zpage2
Map	X2		zpage_vars=zpage1			Instrument	zabc	zpage3
Feel free to ask questions here as others may benefit..

Regards
PoohBear...

mgagne01

23 May 2016

Ok Thanks Carly I'll make a request to The dev and thanks for all the info ;) I truly appreciate it .. I'll get back to you as soon as the dev replies... :)

Neko the Jaguar

24 May 2016

I just got my P1! I'm pretty excited! :mrgreen:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 May 2016

Neko the Jaguar wrote:I just got my P1! I'm pretty excited! :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Nektar club :)

Great little machines...

arqui

24 May 2016

welcome too
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Neko the Jaguar

25 May 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Welcome to the Nektar club :)

Great little machines...
arqui wrote:
welcome too
Thank you. So far, so good. Seem simple enough. Do you have any recommendations on how to set up F keys? Meaning, what do you use as your most important functions? I know how to set them up, just curious to see how others use them.

AlienJunk

25 May 2016

Whats happened to Panorama updates ? I contacted them a few months ago and there was a very strong reply that its right around the corner. Has it happened? I hope they get their act together and release an update to coincide with 9.... and expand upon their RE maps. Some of us dont wantvto go in and fiddle around with code. Not should we. Its supposed to be an out of the box solution.

BarryEvil

26 May 2016

I have created a Nektar mapping for the Megasaur, attached below. I will have a go at doing one for the Red 70 when I get the time.
Attachments
Megasaur.remotemap.txt
(11.25 KiB) Downloaded 239 times

geronimo

26 May 2016

Many thanks _

Lizard

26 May 2016

AlienJunk wrote:Whats happened to Panorama updates ? I contacted them a few months ago and there was a very strong reply that its right around the corner. Has it happened? I hope they get their act together and release an update to coincide with 9.... and expand upon their RE maps. Some of us dont wantvto go in and fiddle around with code. Not should we. Its supposed to be an out of the box solution.
I think there is an upcoming update soon from the sources I had been talking to. It is definitely in testing phase.... so hopefully in the next month or two? That is purely speculation. At one time we had discussed adding some of the maps I had created here but are some legal reason that prevent them from doing so. Not on my end of course as I don't really care.... but I completely understand. So I am not certain what will be added (if any) as far as maps go. My suspicion is that they may add some features that make it easier for the average user to do some on their own. I'm all for easier.

As far as fiddling around with code I fully understand the position. I will agree with that as I really don't care to do it either but if I want support for my purchased devices this is what I have to do. I then of course share with you all if it is of any benefit. I'm glad that there are more people getting involved in this now. However if the new update requires a different understanding of how to create maps for the device and these cannot be added it will be unlikely that I continue. I doubt this will be the case... just saying. :|

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 May 2016

AlienJunk wrote:Whats happened to Panorama updates ? I contacted them a few months ago and there was a very strong reply that its right around the corner. Has it happened? I hope they get their act together and release an update to coincide with 9.... and expand upon their RE maps. Some of us dont wantvto go in and fiddle around with code. Not should we. Its supposed to be an out of the box solution.
The solution provided here is just to download a file and replace your current one, you don't have to worry about the code.. Nektar were very good at the start but then their focus moved to the other markets..

Lizard

26 May 2016

I have updated the map on the first page. What has been added :

StringWerk (Lizard)
EVE MP5 by Kaussa (fanatek)
SWC-4 (fanatek)
MC-1 by Robotic Bean (fanatek)
E-DSLFO by Airraid Audio(fanatek)
Megasaur (BarryEvil)

New contributers - you have been added to the main file. It is assumed that adding your file to this thread means you wish to add to it. If you do not want to be posted in the unofficial maps then please advise and it will be removed. Thanks for contributing! :)

gak

27 May 2016

I hate to be a dumbass, but this is JUST for the pano, right? Does not apply to "impact"... correct? (megasaur and EVE would be terrific to control for me)

Lizard

27 May 2016

As far as I know this is Panorama only. I haven't worked with an Impact series to know how they map.

mgagne01

29 May 2016

Lizard wrote:I have updated the map on the first page. What has been added :

StringWerk (Lizard)
EVE MP5 by Kaussa (fanatek)
SWC-4 (fanatek)
MC-1 by Robotic Bean (fanatek)
E-DSLFO by Airraid Audio(fanatek)
Megasaur (BarryEvil)

New contributers - you have been added to the main file. It is assumed that adding your file to this thread means you wish to add to it. If you do not want to be posted in the unofficial maps then please advise and it will be removed. Thanks for contributing! :)

THANKS GUYS ... GREAT WORK... Megasaur Map is great ..

mgagne01

30 May 2016

Hi Guy's! Here Is my first Remote Maps... The Zvork Volt SL-1 and the Step Note Recorder .

In Volt SL-1 you can use the button to change sets, but it's in switch mode instead of momentum so the lights stays up and the set wont change until you press twice. If you know how to change this please let me know and I'll change it or feel free to modify but then again please let me know...

In the Step Note Recorder, I have the 8 faders, and 8 nobs above the faders controlling the velocitys and Key Notes.
Attachments
Volt SL-1.txt
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Step Note Recorder.txt
(5.47 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

• Information