Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2016

Lizard wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I think a dropbox or another drop location that can be managed by several people would be better holding both separate and a global mapping..
Perhaps this is not the best solution but for the time being I set up a download spot on my site at Combinator HQ where each map can be uploaded individual in a zip file so that one can pick and chose their map they need and just append it to their map. Kenni is working on upgrading this site and if there is a download section it may he best option for this. It may be convenient for one person to just grab one file updated by everybody but this could be hard to control. Probelms that might occur would be I grab the latest at the same time another person does and I update the map while they are updating theirs. Once I write mine and they write theirs someone's map will be erased. Also doing it this way will allow others to create different versions of maps so that people can chose the ones they feel work best for them.

So anyway I added it to CHQ. I will be uploading mine there for time being until a better solution comes along. If anyone wants to uploaded there they are perfectly welcome. You have to register to post and download but its free to the public.

http://www.combinatorhq.com

chq_downloads.png
I have been looking into this, working out the best place and I think dropbox would be it.
We can create a public share which you don't need to have an account for e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0
We can control the admins of this share..
My other thought is the admins have another share where changes are made, we could have a copy of the Panorama.remotemap file, when someone wants to update it with there changes they rename the file, i.e Panoramma.remotemap.PoohBear.20161211
Other admins can see who is updating it and when they booked it out etc. Thoughts??

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

12 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Oenkenstein wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:RemoteRadiator.zip (yes it says Radiator but it works on Thermal (history Thermal was called Radiator)).
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I have updated a remote map for the Behringer BCR2000 after the name change and I start to doubt which name for the device is used in the map.

Should it be:
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Thermal or
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Radiator

I can not test what scope name should be used, as I tried the 'old' Radiator RE.

Thanks in advance.
It's still Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Radiator
Thank you, I've updated the BCR2000 remotemap.

You make people happy.

geronimo

23 Jan 2017

Lizard wrote:
geronimo wrote:
Lizard wrote:Here are the remote maps for the Kaussa Efektor Series
Many thanks: I am not an expert but by opening a track dedicated to Distortion (DS 3603), the Distortion mode does not appear in the Nektar display. This works fine with the Fuzz or Overdrive.
In the code text, the mention dispaly is written: should not it rather "display" ? I do not think that is the cause.
I grabbed a set of "working files" instead of the finals. For the Distortion file I had noticed that model type like the other they had left the space out between the words for the target. So instead of "Distortion Type" like the others do it was written "DistrtionType". The file has been updated in the original thread.
Many thanks _

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2017

Mapping for Solaris v2
PanoramaSolarisV2.txt
(31.59 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Note: If you have the old mapping already mapped then remove\replace it with this one..
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 20 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

geronimo

20 Feb 2017

If we add this new part, should we erase the old part (Solaris first version), I think ?
Last edited by geronimo on 20 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2017

geronimo wrote:If we add this new part, should we erase the old part, I think ?

Yes remove the old part...

geronimo

20 Feb 2017

Many thanks and I confirm (for the remove) .

freddykr

21 Feb 2017

Thanks for the Solaris V2 mapping Carly, excellent as always :thumbs_up:

Just reminded me, have we ever discussed the randomize button on the Panorama here on Reasontalk, this is just another great feature of the Panorama that people need to know about when looking at a MIDI controller/keyboard.

From the manual:
Randomize
The last item on the menu list is Randomize. Randomize is a unique Panorama feature implemented for many Reason
devices. If you just want to experiment or need another perspective on an idea, this function may just give you the creative
juice you need. Selecting randomize will change the parameters randomly (except button switches) within the menu that's
currently displayed on Panorama.
Press menu and scroll to the bottom and press enter when you have reached Randomize. If you don't like the result, you can
always press Undo.
Try randomizing the Thor sequencer or a device's home page parameters for example.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2017

freddykr wrote:Thanks for the Solaris V2 mapping Carly, excellent as always :thumbs_up:

Just reminded me, have we ever discussed the randomize button on the Panorama here on Reasontalk, this is just another great feature of the Panorama that people need to know about when looking at a MIDI controller/keyboard.

From the manual:
Randomize
The last item on the menu list is Randomize. Randomize is a unique Panorama feature implemented for many Reason
devices. If you just want to experiment or need another perspective on an idea, this function may just give you the creative
juice you need. Selecting randomize will change the parameters randomly (except button switches) within the menu that's
currently displayed on Panorama.
Press menu and scroll to the bottom and press enter when you have reached Randomize. If you don't like the result, you can
always press Undo.
Try randomizing the Thor sequencer or a device's home page parameters for example.
No we have not but now we have :D

I have been putting randomise option on one of the main display buttons (Random) so you don't have to go to the menu.

This is one of my old style mappings as my newer ones I don't even use a menu instead I use the fader buttons to navigate around as I find it a lot quicker.

fieldframe
RE Developer

21 Feb 2017

I just got a P4 over the weekend, and while I'm incredibly impressed by how well-designed it is, there's one tiny feature I'd like to see that seems like it should be doable with a Remote map change:

In transport mode, the data knob doesn't currently do anything by default. Could I map it to the playhead, so twisting the knob moves backward or forward?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2017

fieldframe wrote:I just got a P4 over the weekend, and while I'm incredibly impressed by how well-designed it is, there's one tiny feature I'd like to see that seems like it should be doable with a Remote map change:

In transport mode, the data knob doesn't currently do anything by default. Could I map it to the playhead, so twisting the knob moves backward or forward?
I have never play with that section however I just did a quick check and it's mapped in the Parorama MixerMode.remotemap under the scope Reason Document, maybe I don't quite understand what you are asking as the position (play head) is already mapped to knob 4?

fieldframe
RE Developer

21 Feb 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
fieldframe wrote:I just got a P4 over the weekend, and while I'm incredibly impressed by how well-designed it is, there's one tiny feature I'd like to see that seems like it should be doable with a Remote map change:

I have never play with that section however I just did a quick check and it's mapped in the Parorama MixerMode.remotemap under the scope Reason Document, maybe I don't quite understand what you are asking as the position (play head) is already mapped to knob 4?
Ah yes, I should have been more specific: knob 4 moves one beat in either direction, but what I want to use the data knob for is to move one bar in either direction.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2017

fieldframe wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Ah yes, I should have been more specific: knob 4 moves one beat in either direction, but what I want to use the data knob for is to move one bar in either direction.
To move one bar press the Rewind or Forward buttons (hold to scroll).

As I said I have not played around with the mixer file before, however looking at it there is a separate command for Rewind and Fast Forward that to me means you will only be able to map one of the commands so then the data encoder will only go in one direction...

inthewind

22 Feb 2017

@Carly

Hello,

Do you plan to update the remotemap on the dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0) everytime someone creates a new map ? or is this only an example of a remotemap file with random maps in it ( it is 2 month old) ?

IMO, it would be nice if it would be updated regularly.

Thank you

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2017

inthewind wrote:@Carly

Hello,

Do you plan to update the remotemap on the dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0) everytime someone creates a new map ? or is this only an example of a remotemap file with random maps in it ( it is 2 month old) ?

IMO, it would be nice if it would be updated regularly.

Thank you
Hi,

It was more of an example to get other who create maps to update the main file, the remote map up there happens to my own remote map as I don't just add remote maps for RE I don't have....

Saying all of that I will get it updated with all of the current stuff by the end of the month (hopefully this weekend), note I have just uploaded my current version now...

inthewind

24 Feb 2017

Thank you very much for updating the remotemap on the dropbox link, and for the future big update planned at this end of month, great for all of us Nektar Panorama's users !

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2017

Dropbox mappings updated... (added about 26 mappings from the last drop)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2017

Dropbox updated..

Files added
KRAFT v2
Proton

eXpanse TMA-Nektar Mappings.repatch
Kraft TMA-Nektar Mappings.repatch
Proton TMA-Nektar Mappings.repatch
Thermal TMA-Nektar Mappings.repatch

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

inthewind

16 Mar 2017

Thank you!

streak1232

26 Mar 2017

(update) Nevermind I found out what was wrong I was an idiot! Didn't put the files in the right spot! lol

Hey guys!

Been trying to understand this and implement the maps with my P6. I hope I'm just not getting it and not a problem with my install and or P6.

So I made the assumption that if I took the dropbox link and just moved the panoram.remotemap into my folder (did make a backup) for the maps it would give me everything. Yet I have no maps for the recent updates really just want one for my Expanse RE and that's it. I have also made sure to uncheck and recheck the control surface in the preferences. Nothing has worked and I've done my best to skim through the entire post. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong. Please help if you can. Thank you any and everyone!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2017

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New mapping
RE DyingStar Polysynth Machine

Files added

Nektar Mappings - DyingStar.repatch
PanoramaDyingStar.txt

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

Just a quick video off how to use the new mappings..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2017

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New mapping
RE Argonaut

Files added

Nektar Mappings -Argonaut.repatch
PanoramaArgonaut.txt

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0[/quote]

EnochLight

29 Mar 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Just a quick video off how to use the new mappings..

www.youtu.be/ibuQ5e1Z0gk
Thanks for that Carly - the video was quite helpful!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

nscerri

29 Mar 2017

Would like to know if there is a nektar map file which collects the changes discussed in this forum, as I am a tad lost from where to start. Thanks :)

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

• Information