Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
auricle

26 Oct 2016

That's wonderful, Mr. Lizard, sir. I'll look forward to it!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2016

Thermal Mapping
RemoteRadiator.zip
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
(yes it says Radiator but it works on Thermal (history Thermal was called Radiator)).
included in the zip file is a TMA patch (Jiggery Pokery RE) which has the text to what the Fader buttons are mapped to.

The Fader\Knob button (Label4), switches between Faders and Knobs display, however it also changes the Fader buttons options.
"Toggle/view" and "Toggle/mute" when in Fader view switch between Fader controls and Upper Knobs (then the fader buttons will map them controls)

Sounds confusing but very simple to use.

Fader buttons Quick Menu
1=Wave Setup
2=Wave A-B
3=Wave C-D
4=Filter
5=Master
6=ENV 1
7=ENV 2
8=LFO 1

There are known issues like if you try and map the Knobs, Faders and upper knobs to the same controls, they will only work on the Knobs i.e. if you map all 3 to OSC 1, only the knobs will show.
Knobs take precedence over Faders and Upper knobs, Faders take precedence over upper knobs
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 03 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

auricle

26 Nov 2016

Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:
auricle wrote:Hi all,

Just chiming in to show my appreciation to everyone who's taking the time and effort for all us Nektar owners. It really is appreciated.

Is some kind soul still working on the Nostromo mapping?
Amen to that if someone is :) I love Nostromo but damn it's too small for my fading eyes o_O
I had one that I used during beta testing. Not sure if it is fully updated with the most up to date changes made. I'm away from my studio for a week or two but will check in on it when I return if someone doesn't beat me to it first.
Is this still an option?

Lizard

26 Nov 2016

auricle wrote:
Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:

Just chiming in to show my appreciation to everyone who's taking the time and effort for all us Nektar owners. It really is appreciated.

Amen to that if someone is :) I love Nostromo but damn it's too small for my fading eyes o_O
I had one that I used during beta testing. Not sure if it is fully updated with the most up to date changes made. I'm away from my studio for a week or two but will check in on it when I return if someone doesn't beat me to it first.
Is this still an option?
Yeah.... sorry. I had to update it a little from the beta period. Should be in working order now but I hadn't fully tested it. If there is something out of whack let me know.
Nostromo.zip
(4.1 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

auricle

26 Nov 2016

Lizard wrote:
auricle wrote:
Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:

Is this still an option?
Yeah.... sorry. I had to update it a little from the beta period. Should be in working order now but I hadn't fully tested it. If there is something out of whack let me know.

Nostromo.zip
Thank you kindly, I'll give it a good test. :thumbs_up:

WhiteShark

27 Nov 2016

fantastic - many thanks :D

WhiteShark

27 Nov 2016

Lizard wrote:
auricle wrote:
Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:

Is this still an option?

Nostromo.zip
Hmmm I appear to be having an issue getting my Panorama (P6) to recognise the new map. I've followed your instructions on the first page of this thread to the letter, including turning control surface off and back on in Reason and I also get a green tick when I turn back on. I've used a programmers notepad to copy and paste the new map into the existing remotemap, taking care with line spacing etc.

Am I missing something completely obvious?

Lizard

27 Nov 2016

WhiteShark wrote: Hmmm I appear to be having an issue getting my Panorama (P6) to recognise the new map. I've followed your instructions on the first page of this thread to the letter, including turning control surface off and back on in Reason and I also get a green tick when I turn back on. I've used a programmers notepad to copy and paste the new map into the existing remotemap, taking care with line spacing etc.

You should be able to unzip the file. Use a program like programmer's notepad or I prefer Notepad+ and then append it to the bottom of your Nektar Panorama Maps. Save it and then relaunch Reason for it to be available. If you are in the program you can unselect and then reselect.

Getting a green check mark is a good thing. It means there is no problem in your map code. Are you sure you are updating the correct MAP file? The one to update is in Program Data/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar if you are on a PC. ON a Mac it is //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2016

WhiteShark wrote:
Lizard wrote:
auricle wrote:
Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:

Is this still an option?

Nostromo.zip
Hmmm I appear to be having an issue getting my Panorama (P6) to recognise the new map. I've followed your instructions on the first page of this thread to the letter, including turning control surface off and back on in Reason and I also get a green tick when I turn back on. I've used a programmers notepad to copy and paste the new map into the existing remotemap, taking care with line spacing etc.

The fact you are getting a green tick it should work, make sure there are no other files the in Nektar mapping directory apart from
Panorama.remotemap
Panorama Mixer Mode.remotemap

How many new maps have you tested? if it's just one which one...

Cheers
Carly

WhiteShark

27 Nov 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:
Lizard wrote:
auricle wrote:
Lizard wrote:
WhiteShark wrote:

Is this still an option?

Nostromo.zip

The fact you are getting a green tick it should work, make sure there are no other files the in Nektar mapping directory apart from
Panorama.remotemap
Panorama Mixer Mode.remotemap

How many new maps have you tested? if it's just one which one...

Cheers
Carly
Thanks for the responses Lizard and Carly. I had a sub-folder created within my remotemap folder which contained a copy of the original remotemap so I've moved that folder et voila! Cheers :thumbs_up:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Thermal Mapping

RemoteRadiator.zip (yes it says Radiator but it works on Thermal (history Thermal was called Radiator)).
included in the zip file is a TMA patch (Jiggery Pokery RE) which has the text to what the Fader buttons are mapped to.

The Fader\Knob button (Label4), switches between Faders and Knobs display, however it also changes the Fader buttons options.
"Toggle/view" and "Toggle/mute" when in Fader view switch between Fader controls and Upper Knobs (then the fader buttons will map them controls)

Sounds confusing but very simple to use.

Fader buttons Quick Menu
1=Wave Setup
2=Wave A-B
3=Wave C-D
4=Filter
5=Master
6=ENV 1
7=ENV 2
8=LFO 1

There are known issues like if you try and map the Knobs, Faders and upper knobs to the same controls, they will only work on the Knobs i.e. if you map all 3 to OSC 1, only the knobs will show.
Knobs take precedence over Faders and Upper knobs, Faders take precedence over upper knobs

Note: This mapping is still valid for Thermal...

auricle

04 Dec 2016

Mr. Lizard, what happened to the mapping file in the first post of this thread? I'm looking for a mapping for Stringwerk which you earlier put in the file on the first post but now it's not there?

Lizard

06 Dec 2016

auricle wrote:Mr. Lizard, what happened to the mapping file in the first post of this thread? I'm looking for a mapping for Stringwerk which you earlier put in the file on the first post but now it's not there?
I took that map down because it was based off the maps previous to the recent update so it didn't jibe with an updated controller. So for time being took it down until I come up with a better solution which I think will be creating one ZIP file with all individual maps for people to add for devices they own. I can send you a copy of Stringwerk in PM for the time being.

auricle

06 Dec 2016

Lizard wrote:
auricle wrote:Mr. Lizard, what happened to the mapping file in the first post of this thread? I'm looking for a mapping for Stringwerk which you earlier put in the file on the first post but now it's not there?
I took that map down because it was based off the maps previous to the recent update so it didn't jibe with an updated controller. So for time being took it down until I come up with a better solution which I think will be creating one ZIP file with all individual maps for people to add for devices they own. I can send you a copy of Stringwerk in PM for the time being.
A PM would be great. Thank you!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2016

Lizard wrote:
I think a dropbox or another drop location that can be managed by several people would be better holding both separate and a global mapping..

Lizard

06 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
Lizard wrote:
I think a dropbox or another drop location that can be managed by several people would be better holding both separate and a global mapping..
That's cool if you want to set one up

arqui

06 Dec 2016

Parsec 2 remote file
only add a new parameters.

regards
Alfredo
Attachments
parsec 2.zip
(3.06 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Lizard

10 Dec 2016

Here are the remote maps for the Kaussa Efektor Series
Kaussa Efektor Series.zip
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by Lizard on 11 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

geronimo

11 Dec 2016

Lizard wrote:Here are the remote maps for the Kaussa Efektor Series
Many thanks: I am not an expert but by opening a track dedicated to Distortion (DS 3603), the Distortion mode does not appear in the Nektar display. This works fine with the Fuzz or Overdrive.
In the code text, the mention dispaly is written: should not it rather "display" ? I do not think that is the cause.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2016

geronimo wrote:
Many thanks: I am not an expert but by opening a track dedicated to Distortion (DS 3603), the Distortion mode does not appear in the Nektar display. This works fine with the Fuzz or Overdrive.
In the code text, the mention dispaly is written: should not it rather "display" ? I do not think that is the cause.
The misspelling on display is not an issue as that is a comment.

I have had a quick look at the file (I don't have the device) but it looks OK and the fact you are not getting a red cross against the file the format of it should be OK however I would double check your remotemap file around the "Scope" line making sure you have not added any extra spaces or tabs..

geronimo

11 Dec 2016

This does not occur on the other two Rack Extension elements of the same editor ! :oops:

Oenkenstein
RE Developer

11 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:RemoteRadiator.zip (yes it says Radiator but it works on Thermal (history Thermal was called Radiator)).
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I have updated a remote map for the Behringer BCR2000 after the name change and I start to doubt which name for the device is used in the map.

Should it be:
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Thermal or
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Radiator

I can not test what scope name should be used, as I tried the 'old' Radiator RE.

Thanks in advance.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2016

Oenkenstein wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:RemoteRadiator.zip (yes it says Radiator but it works on Thermal (history Thermal was called Radiator)).
Perhaps a bit off topic, but I have updated a remote map for the Behringer BCR2000 after the name change and I start to doubt which name for the device is used in the map.

Should it be:
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Thermal or
Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Radiator

I can not test what scope name should be used, as I tried the 'old' Radiator RE.

Thanks in advance.
It's still Scope Skrock Music se.skrockmusic.Radiator

Lizard

11 Dec 2016

geronimo wrote:
I grabbed a set of "working files" instead of the finals. For the Distortion file I had noticed that model type like the other they had left the space out between the words for the target. So instead of "Distortion Type" like the others do it was written "DistrtionType". The file has been updated in the original thread.

Lizard

11 Dec 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I think a dropbox or another drop location that can be managed by several people would be better holding both separate and a global mapping..
Perhaps this is not the best solution but for the time being I set up a download spot on my site at Combinator HQ where each map can be uploaded individual in a zip file so that one can pick and chose their map they need and just append it to their map. Kenni is working on upgrading this site and if there is a download section it may he best option for this. It may be convenient for one person to just grab one file updated by everybody but this could be hard to control. Probelms that might occur would be I grab the latest at the same time another person does and I update the map while they are updating theirs. Once I write mine and they write theirs someone's map will be erased. Also doing it this way will allow others to create different versions of maps so that people can chose the ones they feel work best for them.

So anyway I added it to CHQ. I will be uploading mine there for time being until a better solution comes along. If anyone wants to uploaded there they are perfectly welcome. You have to register to post and download but its free to the public.

http://www.combinatorhq.com
chq_downloads.png
chq_downloads.png (116.49 KiB) Viewed 2796 times

• Information