Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
geronimo

27 Sep 2016

What is your system and your plateform (PC or Mac) ?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Sep 2016

Djdoom111 wrote:hi hope someone can help me.iv just bought my p4 and iv installed drivers and the firmware update and the piano/keyboard part is not working .no midi sent at all 'iv reset factory settings and installed it all again but still nothing. one thing though is when i turn it on it says drivers up to date but also says ' cant wake up keyscan chip' hope someone knows what the problem soon as i will want to sent this back to the person i bought it off sharpish
Can you confirm you did a factory reset by, holding both patch buttons while powering up?

Have you tried the self test mode? Hold the play/F10 and Internal buttons while powering up.. (note button 5 scrolls through screen test colours), it's worth doing this just to make sure all buttons, knobs and faders work etc.

Could be worth trying a different USB lead (I do run mine with one USB lead as I don't use the motorised fader), but if the error is on the P4 screen this does sound more internal to the P4...

EnochLight

27 Sep 2016

Djdoom111 wrote:hi hope someone can help me.iv just bought my p4 and iv installed drivers and the firmware update and the piano/keyboard part is not working .no midi sent at all 'iv reset factory settings and installed it all again but still nothing. one thing though is when i turn it on it says drivers up to date but also says ' cant wake up keyscan chip' hope someone knows what the problem soon as i will want to sent this back to the person i bought it off sharpish

"Can't wake up keyscan chip" is hardware related. Sounds like a bum unit.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

OverneathTheSkyBridg

27 Sep 2016

Holy. Shit. Just thought I'd say I finally got around to messing with Reaper and got my P6 up and running with it. Its absolutely glorious. The VST control is great, alongside the rest of the DAW!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Djdoom111

28 Sep 2016

Hi I'm on Windows's 10 .does any of you know if there are people in uk that repair nektars keyboards .

EnochLight

28 Sep 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Holy. Shit. Just thought I'd say I finally got around to messing with Reaper and got my P6 up and running with it. Its absolutely glorious. The VST control is great, alongside the rest of the DAW!

Congrats! This is the sort of deep integration and control that Reason users have been enjoying on their Panorama''s for years. I'm glad Nektar Tech expanded to other DAW - just wish they'd work something out with Studio One as well. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

arqui

28 Sep 2016

EnochLight wrote:
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Holy. Shit. Just thought I'd say I finally got around to messing with Reaper and got my P6 up and running with it. Its absolutely glorious. The VST control is great, alongside the rest of the DAW!

Congrats! This is the sort of deep integration and control that Reason users have been enjoying on their Panorama''s for years. I'm glad Nektar Tech expanded to other DAW - just wish they'd work something out with Studio One as well. :(
I fully agree, but I also like to do something for reason, because they have not practically done nothing good for almost 2 years.
only Carly(Poohbear), Lizard, barryevil etc etc. do something
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

OverneathTheSkyBridg

28 Sep 2016

They did add the Redum step sequencing functionality which is something I (and probably others) had asked them for so that was a definite bonus. I wasnt a fan of the standard mapping scheme though.

I think Nektar should develop a separate piece of software that would allow us to create our own maps in a graphical way. For example, we could use remote override to set up our controls on an RE and save those settings so that every time that device is opened those settings apply.

I recognize and appreciate the work everyone's been doing in this thread, but theres got to be an easier way to do this.

arqui

28 Sep 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:They did add the Redum step sequencing functionality which is something I (and probably others) had asked them for so that was a definite bonus. I wasnt a fan of the standard mapping scheme though.k
yes the only in 2 years

OverneathTheSkyBridg

01 Oct 2016

arqui wrote:
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:They did add the Redum step sequencing functionality which is something I (and probably others) had asked them for so that was a definite bonus. I wasnt a fan of the standard mapping scheme though.k
yes the only in 2 years
Ugghh.. yes.... I always find myself hoping for more. They really should just task a few people to take on the rack extensions and provide support with updates every month or two. Given the unoffical support in this thread (AND BY THE WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE THE TRUE HEROES OF THE NEKTAR EXPERIENCE) there's no reason that a full time programmer at Nektar can't dedicate his time to hashing out all of these concerns. Given the the stuff that's posted in this thread anyone who's full time job it is to solve these issues across all platforms should be able to address them. I love Nektar's products and their vision, and I don't think it's outside of the realm of reality for a single person not to address user concerns.

Like I said before, the people in this thread volunteering their time and expertise are the real heroes of this thing. If regular people with no invested interest (beyond the functionality of a device they own) can take the time out of their day to day lives to make these mappings a reality, I'd expect people that actually work at Nektar would make a crazy effort, perhaps with collaboration with the people that are clearly owning this field of development.

No bash on the good people at Nektartech btw, you guys have made a wicked product and I'd love to see you embrace it with the people that see how special it is! All the best!

arqui

01 Oct 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
arqui wrote:
yes the only in 2 years
Ugghh.. yes.... I always find myself hoping for more. They really should just task a few people to take on the rack extensions and provide support with updates every month or two. Given the unoffical support in this thread (AND BY THE WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE THE TRUE HEROES OF THE NEKTAR EXPERIENCE) there's no reason that a full time programmer at Nektar can't dedicate his time to hashing out all of these concerns. Given the the stuff that's posted in this thread anyone who's full time job it is to solve these issues across all platforms should be able to address them. I love Nektar's products and their vision, and I don't think it's outside of the realm of reality for a single person not to address user concerns.

Like I said before, the people in this thread volunteering their time and expertise are the real heroes of this thing. If regular people with no invested interest (beyond the functionality of a device they own) can take the time out of their day to day lives to make these mappings a reality, I'd expect people that actually work at Nektar would make a crazy effort, perhaps with collaboration with the people that are clearly owning this field of development.

No bash on the good people at Nektartech btw, you guys have made a wicked product and I'd love to see you embrace it with the people that see how special it is! All the best!
These words represent what I feel
I could not have said it better!!!
Regards

OverneathTheSkyBridg

08 Oct 2016

Hey all Panorama editors. Now that Parsec2 has come out can we expect this to be a totally different RE and therefore the original factory supplied Parsec stuff will no longer apply? I really enjoy using Parsec from my P6 so I'm wondering if upgrading will remove that for good? I'm assuming existing owners just get a Parsec2 upgrade instead of having individual devices.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Oct 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Hey all Panorama editors. Now that Parsec2 has come out can we expect this to be a totally different RE and therefore the original factory supplied Parsec stuff will no longer apply? I really enjoy using Parsec from my P6 so I'm wondering if upgrading will remove that for good? I'm assuming existing owners just get a Parsec2 upgrade instead of having individual devices.

Your existing mapping should still work (can't verify as my Nektar is off line at the moment), of course any new controls won't work as they have not been mapped yet (hoping to get my Nektar back on line today).

From "Reasons" mapping point of view this is just a Parsec, as we don't specify any version numbers when mapping...

nscerri

09 Oct 2016

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:Hey all Panorama editors. Now that Parsec2 has come out can we expect this to be a totally different RE and therefore the original factory supplied Parsec stuff will no longer apply? I really enjoy using Parsec from my P6 so I'm wondering if upgrading will remove that for good? I'm assuming existing owners just get a Parsec2 upgrade instead of having individual devices.
I confirm that it will still work, and you can even select the new generators, modifiers etc, however new buttons such as Link A to B are not supported.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

tko1970

11 Oct 2016

Hello,
I have owned a P6 for over a year.
I decided to get involve in the custom mapping thing.
Well, I followed the directions here:
http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... ategory=11
and I used the file located there:
Panorama.remotemap
It seemed to work, as I saw Zero, and Autotheory now had some data on the display.
I decided to Add a custom mapping.
I broke it.
Now only the original mappings work.
I have uninstalled EVERYTHING and made sure all residual folders were erased.
Reinstalled, and all I get are the originals.
Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here.
Please keep in mind that I followed the instructions to a T, in order and twice.
I hope that someone will take the time to assist me.

Thanks,

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2016

tko1970 wrote:Hello,
I have owned a P6 for over a year.
I decided to get involve in the custom mapping thing.
Well, I followed the directions here:
http://www.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB ... ategory=11
and I used the file located there:
Panorama.remotemap
It seemed to work, as I saw Zero, and Autotheory now had some data on the display.
I decided to Add a custom mapping.
I broke it.
Now only the original mappings work.
I have uninstalled EVERYTHING and made sure all residual folders were erased.
Reinstalled, and all I get are the originals.
Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here.
Please keep in mind that I followed the instructions to a T, in order and twice.
I hope that someone will take the time to assist me.

Thanks,
Have you tried the mapping on this thread? (the main one is on the first page (includes a full mapping for Zero, however on this page there is an updated version of the zero mappings https://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.ph ... 6&start=75 )...

tko1970

12 Oct 2016

I just uninstalled everything again.
Reinstalled
I have the latest firmware
I used the latest Reason Integration installer
I watch the integration drop the remotemap files into the directory.
I restarted Reason and the keyboard
None of the new mappings work
I opened the remote map file and they are clearly in there.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2016

tko1970 wrote:I just uninstalled everything again.
Reinstalled
I have the latest firmware
I used the latest Reason Integration installer
I watch the integration drop the remotemap files into the directory.
I restarted Reason and the keyboard
None of the new mappings work
I opened the remote map file and they are clearly in there.
So in the Nektar mapping directory you just have the 2 files? (if you have any others then move them out)
Try our remote mapping file, I did find corruption on the file I got from Nektar (reported it back, no real reply), I did get their's working after a couple of tweaks...

tko1970

12 Oct 2016

Man, what a trip.
Ok, so I knew there was something wrong because I couldn't effect any change even when deleting the files.
I looked below the folders and found all .remote map files existed in the directory above \Nektar
I have successfully ran the Integration file and zero, autotheory, etc now exist.
Thanks for responding.
Now, off to apologize to Justin @ Nektar
and to build a map for Expanse if I dont find one here.
Much appreciated.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2016

tko1970 wrote:Man, what a trip.
Ok, so I knew there was something wrong because I couldn't effect any change even when deleting the files.
I looked below the folders and found all .remote map files existed in the directory above \Nektar
I have successfully ran the Integration file and zero, autotheory, etc now exist.
Thanks for responding.
Now, off to apologize to Justin @ Nektar
and to build a map for Expanse if I dont find one here.
Much appreciated.
Glad you are sorted.

There are 2 Expanse mappings on these threads and a zero one.. have fun..

hu-ryu

14 Oct 2016

Has anyone had success using Scale & Chords via their Nektar? I want to do simple things like turn things off or dial the knobs around.

I've tried locking the surface control to the Scale & Chords but no success. Anyone know?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2016

hu-ryu wrote:Has anyone had success using Scale & Chords via their Nektar? I want to do simple things like turn things off or dial the knobs around.

I've tried locking the surface control to the Scale & Chords but no success. Anyone know?
How to control and record the "Players" at the same time of playing the instrument live (together)

From the Control Surfaces tab:-
Add, other, Midi Keyboard (No Controls), Midi Input (I selected "Panorama P4").

I then can lock that Midi surface controller to Instrument (right click the instrument and select from the menu, just make sure you are not right clicking on a control) and then select the player as normal.

Hit record will record the midi from both the instrument and the player..

auricle

20 Oct 2016

Hi all,

Just chiming in to show my appreciation to everyone who's taking the time and effort for all us Nektar owners. It really is appreciated.

Is some kind soul still working on the Nostromo mapping?

WhiteShark

26 Oct 2016

auricle wrote:Hi all,

Just chiming in to show my appreciation to everyone who's taking the time and effort for all us Nektar owners. It really is appreciated.

Amen to that if someone is :) I love Nostromo but damn it's too small for my fading eyes o_O

Lizard

26 Oct 2016

WhiteShark wrote:
auricle wrote:Hi all,

Amen to that if someone is :) I love Nostromo but damn it's too small for my fading eyes o_O
I had one that I used during beta testing. Not sure if it is fully updated with the most up to date changes made. I'm away from my studio for a week or two but will check in on it when I return if someone doesn't beat me to it first.

• Information