Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BarryEvil

12 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
BarryEvil wrote:Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave

Use the Data Controller to switch between the individual Oscillators/LFOs/Envelopes/Effects and the RE display will update to match.

I wasn't able to map the harmonics, sequencer steps or effects ordering.

You have a bug that I have been working on the last couple of days, With the units Sec/Div, so currently on screen I have the units on Div your mappings show Sec and not Div and vice versa if I then select the Sync button..
Only if you switch between Sec/Div using the mouse rather than the Panorama. If you just use the Panorama it all works as expected. This would probably work with the change by mouse too if I used a modifier for this, but when I tried that it caused a conflict with the modifier used for envelope selection.

BarryEvil

12 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Use the Data Controller to switch between the individual Oscillators/LFOs/Envelopes/Effects and the RE display will update to match.

I was just about to release my version of this..

I have the faders and upper knobs mapped as well..
The faders and knobs are mapped on mine.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

The faders and knobs are mapped on mine.
I meant I have them mapped for all controls..
The mapping you have done is nice...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

You have a bug that I have been working on the last couple of days, With the units Sec/Div, so currently on screen I have the units on Div your mappings show Sec and not Div and vice versa if I then select the Sync button..
Only if you switch between Sec/Div using the mouse rather than the Panorama. If you just use the Panorama it all works as expected. This would probably work with the change by mouse too if I used a modifier for this, but when I tried that it caused a conflict with the modifier used for envelope selection.
Not using a mouse, I have Mod 1 set to Sec and Mod2 set to Div already in a patch (same for the AMP)...

Shame the Faders and the upper knobs don't work the same as the ch knobs...

BarryEvil

12 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
BarryEvil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Not using a mouse, I have Mod 1 set to Sec and Mod2 set to Div already in a patch (same for the AMP)...

Ah yes, of course ... if the patch is already set to Div mode it wouldn't match. I'll have to change the mapping to fix, it may mean the data controller selection will have to be sacrificed if I can't fix the modifier bug I encountered previously.

Not sure what you mean by 'shame the Faders and the upper knobs don't work the same as the ch knobs' - how would you like them to be working?

EnochLight

12 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Hey Carly - I'd be interested to check yours out, too!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
BarryEvil wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

Ah yes, of course ... if the patch is already set to Div mode it wouldn't match. I'll have to change the mapping to fix, it may mean the data controller selection will have to be sacrificed if I can't fix the modifier bug I encountered previously.

Not sure what you mean by 'shame the Faders and the upper knobs don't work the same as the ch knobs' - how would you like them to be working?
I've hit all sorts of issues with Faders and the upper knobs with mappings and had to do things differently i.e Modifiers for starters don't work with them..

EnochLight

12 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I've hit all sorts of issues with Faders and the upper knobs with mappings and had to do things differently i.e Modifiers for starters don't work with them..
EnochLight wrote:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

BarryEvil

12 Sep 2016

Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave 1.1

The sec/div issue with envelopes is now fixed but I had to remove the Data Encoder selection of Mod Envelopes, as if left in it caused weird bugs. This means the display on the RE will NOT update when editing the Mod Envelopes.

I've left the mapping that causes problems commented out in this map if anybody wants to play around and see if they can get it to work, but I'm pretty sure the bug I was getting is a bug with Reason or the Panorama rather than the mapping.
Attachments
Expanse.remotemap.txt
(47.92 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

EnochLight

12 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave 1.1

The sec/div issue with envelopes is now fixed but I had to remove the Data Encoder selection of Mod Envelopes, as if left in it caused weird bugs. This means the display on the RE will NOT update when editing the Mod Envelopes.

I've left the mapping that causes problems commented out in this map if anybody wants to play around and see if they can get it to work, but I'm pretty sure the bug I was getting is a bug with Reason or the Panorama rather than the mapping.
Thanks man - works a charm!

Baylo

12 Sep 2016

As the new owner of a P6, I have to say this is an awesome thread. Somewhat overwhelming but I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. Thanks to everyone who has contributed here.

I do have a (hopefully) quick question though: for the External Midi Instrument mapping, is it possible to map the program/patch change feature? This can be done with the mouse in the rack, but it would be great if a Panorama knob could be used to spin through the patches of my old X5DR.

(I'll also note that the default map seems to have the cc codes reversed for the "attack" and "decay" parameters, but that looks to be an easy fix if I understand the way this works...

Thanks much,

Mark

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2016

EnochLight wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

eXpanse Mapping

Here is my mapping, I think most of the bugs have been ironed out. will admit I have spent bloody hours on this mainly around silly little bugs !!!!
RemoteeXpanseV1.7.zip
(23.98 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
NOTE THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V1.7 SINCE THIS MORNING (13th Oct.), THE PAGE DID STATE THAT NO ONE HAD DOWNLOADED IT HOWEVER IF YOU HAVE, THEN PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION. THANK YOU

I don't have menu (shock), use the Fader buttons to select different mappings (OSC, MOD, AMP etc)
included in the zip file is a TMA patch (Jiggery Pokery RE) which has the text to what the Fader buttons are mapped to.

Data Controller will switch between the Osc/Mod Env/LFOs/AMP Env/Effects and Matrix rows (the RE display will update accordingly).

The Fader\Knob button (Label4), switches between Faders and Knobs display, however it also changes the Fader buttons options.
"Toggle/view" and "Toggle/mute" when in Fader view switch between Fader controls and Upper Knobs (then the fader buttons will map them controls)

Sounds confusing but very simple to use.

There are known issues like if you try and map the Knobs, Faders and upper knobs to the same controls, they will only work on the Knobs i.e. if you map all 3 to OSC1 page 1, only the knobs will show.
Knobs take precedence over Faders and Upper knobs, Faders take precedence over upper knobs

Fader buttons
1=OSC
2=MIX
3=Filter
4=Mod Env
5=LFO
6=AMP
7=Effects
8=Matrix

If any of the Osc/Mod Env/LFOs/AMP Env/Effects and Matrix have focus on the Nektar, changing the associated page on the RE, the Nektar will set the focus to that.. i.e. if I had the Nektar set to OSC1 and I change it on the RE to OSC 3, the controls will update on the Nektar to that page, of course if I have OSC 1 on the Nektar and I change MOD Env from Mod 1 to Mod 2 this has no real effect on the Nektar..
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 14 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

BarryEvil

13 Sep 2016

A-List Acoustic Guitarist 2.0
Attachments
Acoustic.remotemap.txt
(3.63 KiB) Downloaded 113 times

BarryEvil

13 Sep 2016

Power Chords A-List Electric Guitarist 2.0
Attachments
PowerChords.remotemap.txt
(3.73 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

BarryEvil

13 Sep 2016

Pop Chords A-List Electric Guitarist 2.0
Attachments
PopChords.remotemap.txt
(3.73 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

geronimo

13 Sep 2016

Sorry but I'm a little confused: is it possible that these recents Maps may include in the Nektar file or with the unofficial Map ?

BarryEvil

13 Sep 2016

geronimo wrote:Sorry but I'm a little confused: is it possible that these recents Maps may include in the Nektar file or with the unofficial Map ?
There are mappings for the A-List guitarists in the unofficial map file in the OP, but these REs have since been updated, the new mappings I just posted include the new features.

geronimo

13 Sep 2016

Many thanks; I suspected it but wanted confirmation. Because the mapping provided by NEKTAR does not considere the A-List guitarists and other Rack Extension .

svenh

14 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:Blamsoft Expanse Hyperwave 1.1

I just downloaded it and tried it a couple of minutes, so I havn't really tested all functionality. Still, I am happy about what I have seen so far so I must thank you for your effort! :D

BarryEvil

23 Sep 2016

Synapse The Legend

Synapse made the odd decision of putting the effects controls on back panel so they can't be mapped.
Attachments
Legend.remotemap.txt
(8.58 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2016

BarryEvil wrote:Synapse The Legend

Synapse made the odd decision of putting the effects controls on back panel so they can't be mapped.
A very odd decision as there is plenty of space on the front for them along with a number of other options on the back......

EnochLight

23 Sep 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:

A very odd decision as there is plenty of space on the front for them along with a number of other options on the back......
Not without completely redesigning the UX/GUI or making it a 9U device.

svenh

24 Sep 2016

Its a shame that those parameters can not be mapped! But thanks BarryEvil for your map, much appreciated!

geronimo

24 Sep 2016

Income unofficial map file: that happiness and thank you again . :thumbup:

Djdoom111

27 Sep 2016

hi hope someone can help me.iv just bought my p4 and iv installed drivers and the firmware update and the piano/keyboard part is not working .no midi sent at all 'iv reset factory settings and installed it all again but still nothing. one thing though is when i turn it on it says drivers up to date but also says ' cant wake up keyscan chip' hope someone knows what the problem soon as i will want to sent this back to the person i bought it off sharpish

• Information