Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Lizard

30 May 2017

dopplereffect wrote:Holy Reason Update!

Just curious, is there a mapping from nektar for serum? is it possible to lock that to vst via internal mode?
I started mapping for Serum but unfortunately there are several controls that for some odd reason do not map properly. You can be using the proper remote name but they still don't map. It was reported during testing. Hopefully it can get resolved.

I have several mappings I'll add to this thread in short time for those who want to have them. Some for paid and some for free VST. I'll probably try to target free ones first so that people who aren't heavily invested in Re can use them. These of course are welcome to me added to the official map.

Lizard

30 May 2017

In the following remote map you will find over 30 VST for Nektar Panorama. Be mindful that VST's can change at any time the developer chooses so if you update your VST the maps could change. Use these at your discretion.

Commercial VST

Roland SH-101 - (https://www.rolandcloud.com/)
Roland Promars - (https://www.rolandcloud.com/)
GForce Software's M-Tron Pro - (https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro)
GForce Software's impOSCar 2 - (https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/imposcar2)
Line 6's POD Farm 2 (11 plugins) - (http://line6.com/pod-farm/)

Free VST

Hans Peter Willems + Bjoern Arlt's Ragnarok (FREE) - (https://www.fullbucket.de/music/ragnarok.html)
Roazhon's Brainstormer (FREE) - (http://roazhondsp.storm-mastering.com/)
ArchetypeInst's Lokomotiv (FREE) - (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=2084)
Togu Audio Line's Plugins including : (https://tal-software.com/Products)
  • Elek7ro (FREE)
    Bitcrusher (FREE)
    Chorus LX (FREE)
    Filter 2 (FREE)
    Flanger (FREE)
    Reverb 2 (FREE)
    Reverb 3 (FREE)
    Reverb 4 (FREE)
Blue Cat Audio Chorus Mono (FREE) - (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/B ... ewarePack/)
TDR Labs Proximity (FREE) - (http://www.tokyodawn.net/proximity/)
FREE87's Free Pack including : - (http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3 ... E87-Series)
  • FREE87's FR-Comp (FREE)
    FREE87's FR-EQUA (FREE)
    FREE87's FR-GATE (FREE)
    FREE87's FR-LIMIT (FREE)
iZotope's Vinyl (FREE) - (https://www.izotope.com/en/products/cre ... vinyl.html)
Lizard VST Maps -30MAY17.zip
(16.26 KiB) Downloaded 97 times

EnochLight

30 May 2017

Lizard wrote:Lizard VST Maps -30MAY17.zip
So.. I'm a little confused as to what to do with this file. Are the contents supposed to be copied/pasted (added) onto the standard "Panorama.remotemap.remotemap" file at the end?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Lizard

30 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Lizard wrote:Lizard VST Maps -30MAY17.zip
So.. I'm a little confused as to what to do with this file. Are the contents supposed to be copied/pasted (added) onto the standard "Panorama.remotemap.remotemap" file at the end?
Yes. With this file I provided. If Carly adds it to the official map then you use that. But for now these can just be appended to your existing file. Make a backup ;)

EnochLight

30 May 2017

Lizard wrote:Yes. With this file I provided. If Carly adds it to the official map then you use that. But for now these can just be appended to your existing file. Make a backup ;)
Cool - thanks. I'll abstain for now, as I don't own any of the VST mapped in this particular file (well, except for iZotope's Vinyl). :D
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Lizard

30 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Lizard wrote:Yes. With this file I provided. If Carly adds it to the official map then you use that. But for now these can just be appended to your existing file. Make a backup ;)
Cool - thanks. I'll abstain for now, as I don't own any of the VST mapped in this particular file (well, except for iZotope's Vinyl). :D
Yeah. I'm not sure how this will work going forward. Having one large master list may not necessarily be a great idea as there are hundreds of VST. It may be better to the user to cut out only the devices they want to add. This may be the path I personally take. To each their own. :)

EnochLight

30 May 2017

Lizard wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Yeah. I'm not sure how this will work going forward. Having one large master list may not necessarily be a great idea as there are hundreds of VST. It may be better to the user to cut out only the devices they want to add. This may be the path I personally take. To each their own. :)
I just copied/pasted the content for iZotope Vinyl from your file and it works fantastic - thanks dude! Man... I really wish I had the programming prowess that you and Carly have. Now that Reason 9.5 easily exports Remote files from any device loaded into it, I'd love to create files for Spire, Serum, and a bunch of others.

When I look at the file that's exported, it's like trying to read Latin+Aramaic+ancient Greek! Lol

Lizard

30 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:I just copied/pasted the content for iZotope Vinyl from your file and it works fantastic - thanks dude! Man... I really wish I had the programming prowess that you and Carly have. Now that Reason 9.5 easily exports Remote files from any device loaded into it, I'd love to create files for Spire, Serum, and a bunch of others.

When I look at the file that's exported, it's like trying to read Latin+Aramaic+ancient Greek! Lol
It really isn't all too tough. I'm no programmer either. Try and fail is how I learned. Start with a simple one that only has a few controls and then build up. The techniques become very repetitive after a while. But that Map export feature REALLY helps in mapping as all you need to do is copy and paste.

Serum did not go over to well for me. There are a bunch of controls that just do not map for Panorama. I've contacted Nektar and they don't believe it is the hardware. It must be in how Reason and Serum's code work together. It wouldn't be the only one. I'd love to map the FREE PG-8X but it too has several controls that will not map. Oddly, you can do a remote override and it works fine. Strange. If SPIRE has a demo I might be able to work something out for you.

*** I see they do have a demo. I've downloaded it. I'll try and get something together for you brother.

EnochLight

30 May 2017

Lizard wrote: If SPIRE has a demo I might be able to work something out for you.

*** I see they do have a demo. I've downloaded it. I'll try and get something together for you brother.
Dude - you rock!!! I've actually attached the exported Remote files for both the latest Spire RE beta as well as Spire VST if you're feeling really generous... ;) :D
Attachments
ReSpire Synthesizer Remote Info.txt
(26.9 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Spire-1.1 Remote Info.txt
(19.54 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
Lizard wrote: If SPIRE has a demo I might be able to work something out for you.

Dude - you rock!!! I've actually attached the exported Remote files for both the latest Spire RE beta as well as Spire VST if you're feeling really generous... ;) :D
I had started the ReSpire but got side tracked with other things will pick that one back up again...

Lizard, Ping me your dropbox email address and I will add you to the dropbox so you can update it directly..

I had a funny with VST where as I could not map a button to a knob (which you can do with all RE), downloaded another VST and I can map a button to a knob but it does not work as well as a RE, so there are some funnies with VST's (I only have 2 VST's install now LOL)

I think that VST's need to be held separately as the main file now contains over 77 thousand lines.

Been having some thoughts about the mapping process and getting the community to help with the donkey work, the hardest bit to me is working out what to put on each page and in what order, the coding side I have automated about 80% of the work..

Also thought about a process where people select what RE and VST's they have and we (automatically) build there own personal remote mapping file. but I only code for PC's, so I have no idea what Macs can and cannot do...

geronimo

31 May 2017

I'm with an Apple machine and the codes for TAL Audio (Vinyl, Filter 2, Reverb 4 and TAL Chorus LX) transmitted by Lizard, works fine .

WillyOD

31 May 2017

I got my P6. Reason cannot find it. Tried registering on Nektar site to get firmware + drivers. Cannot login with the created account (invalid password).

E-mailed Nektar support.

Good stuff, good stuff.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

geronimo

31 May 2017

WillyOD wrote:I got my P6. Reason cannot find it. Tried registering on Nektar site to get firmware + drivers. Cannot login with the created account (invalid password).
Strange: I just logged in and everything went smoothly .

WillyOD

31 May 2017

Ok, I created a third account (with the same e-mail I don't know how that is even possible) and it just logged automatically in right after creating the account. I don't quite understand what is happening but I registered my P6 and got everything working (I think). Thanks.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Lizard

31 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Been having some thoughts about the mapping process and getting the community to help with the donkey work, the hardest bit to me is working out what to put on each page and in what order, the coding side I have automated about 80% of the work..

Also thought about a process where people select what RE and VST's they have and we (automatically) build there own personal remote mapping file. but I only code for PC's, so I have no idea what Macs can and cannot do...
For me the biggest challenge is how to make it flow and as you say choosing how the maps are presented, what goes on them and the menu system. Sometimes the presentation of the synth becomes self explanatory and then sometimes it isn't. Spire as an example looks generally well laid out that you can get a sense of flow but then are posed with the difficulty of a section having 9 controls to it. You will have to break that up somehow into two pages in some way. Then making it more complex you then have to map an X button to switch between the OSC sets. I hate having to make a map where you can get lost in the pages because if I can't make it flow for me and I'm designing it then the user won't like it either. So as you say there are challenges. If there were a visual way that users could express how they wanted them mapped it would be nice.

It would be nice if they could create a map just for them but that's a lot of work over time for an individual. Say you have 30 people and they are getting a new device every month on average (could be less/could be more) then you are updating maps 360 times over the year. Though I love helping people out it would be more time than I could put into it leaving less time to make maps.

The simple task of appending a map should be within the grasp of the Panorama user I would think. One of the best options would be to offer each and every MAP as an individual file that a user can pick from a group and append to the Panorama.remotemap file. This keeps the lines of code down in the long run and as they are working with reason and come across one they don't have they check the list, grab it and resolve it. If its not in the list they can request it. Our difficulty is of course how we could distribute the files. The best solution would be a file repository on this site. If they had one for patches and refills then problem would be resolved.

demt

31 May 2017

cool
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

31 May 2017

Lizard wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Been having some thoughts about the mapping process and getting the community to help with the donkey work, the hardest bit to me is working out what to put on each page and in what order, the coding side I have automated about 80% of the work..

For me the biggest challenge is how to make it flow and as you say choosing how the maps are presented, what goes on them and the menu system. Sometimes the presentation of the synth becomes self explanatory and then sometimes it isn't. Spire as an example looks generally well laid out that you can get a sense of flow but then are posed with the difficulty of a section having 9 controls to it. You will have to break that up somehow into two pages in some way. Then making it more complex you then have to map an X button to switch between the OSC sets. I hate having to make a map where you can get lost in the pages because if I can't make it flow for me and I'm designing it then the user won't like it either. So as you say there are challenges. If there were a visual way that users could express how they wanted them mapped it would be nice.

It would be nice if they could create a map just for them but that's a lot of work over time for an individual. Say you have 30 people and they are getting a new device every month on average (could be less/could be more) then you are updating maps 360 times over the year. Though I love helping people out it would be more time than I could put into it leaving less time to make maps.

The simple task of appending a map should be within the grasp of the Panorama user I would think. One of the best options would be to offer each and every MAP as an individual file that a user can pick from a group and append to the Panorama.remotemap file. This keeps the lines of code down in the long run and as they are working with reason and come across one they don't have they check the list, grab it and resolve it. If its not in the list they can request it. Our difficulty is of course how we could distribute the files. The best solution would be a file repository on this site. If they had one for patches and refills then problem would be resolved.
Just to clarify "we(automatic)" bad choice of words (rush writing as usual), Users select what RE (this could be automatically as we can look at what people have downloaded ) and VST's they have, tick box sort of thing, hit a compile button and the remotemap is compiled with their choices, but as I said I only code for PC's don't know anything about Mac's...
Still think we can get people to help with the arrangement and labelling work, if you gave me a list of the remotes (in groups of 8) and labels I will be able to turn around a prototype in under a minute, probably take me more time to download and upload files LOL...

EDIT: Just for now lets keep all RE in the main remote map, they are available separately and all VST as individual files

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2017

Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New mapping
RESPIRE beta map, To do done, the stepper, Arp and a bit of tiding up (92% done), over 3000 lines, 53 pages * 3 mapped, I have not dropped the individual file as it's still being worked on, please test, thanks.

Files updated
Panorama.remotemap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

NOTE: The file Panorama.remotemap contains all the mappings talked about on this thread.

This file has to replace the file found at

Windows: C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Remote\Maps\Nektar
OSX: //Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Remote/Maps/Nektar

When backing up the existing file, back it up to a totally new directory (there have been issues reported if backing up in place).

EnochLight

02 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Dropbox updated.. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sberq7vvyfit ... T4sra?dl=0

New mapping
RESPIRE beta map, To do done, the stepper, Arp and a bit of tiding up (92% done), over 3000 lines, 53 pages * 3 mapped, I have not dropped the individual file as it's still being worked on, please test, thanks.
Dude - you are a *GOD* amongst men!!!! Nice work man!!!

geronimo

03 Jun 2017

Yes, good job: only 10 Matrix slots coded but I think it's good enough . ;)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:Yes, good job: only 10 Matrix slots coded but I think it's good enough . ;)
LOL, glad you took your time to notice.... (it will be added)

geronimo

03 Jun 2017

This is not very penalizing: I will try to add this, at home to understand the programming of the whole. Because I will try to do so for VST.

It was just to say that we were also interested. :thumbup:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2017

geronimo wrote:This is not very penalizing: I will try to add this, at home to understand the programming of the whole. Because I will try to do so for VST.

I'm going to be doing a couple of video's soon which will cover making mappings, I have automated some of the work and using this process will standardise the mappings going forward.

geronimo

03 Jun 2017

Thanks you for this educational intention.

EnochLight

03 Jun 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
geronimo wrote:This is not very penalizing: I will try to add this, at home to understand the programming of the whole. Because I will try to do so for VST.

I'm going to be doing a couple of video's soon which will cover making mappings, I have automated some of the work and using this process will standardise the mappings going forward.
Wow - that would be very much appreciated!

• Information