Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
AttenuationHz

08 Jan 2018

kwn34 wrote:
08 Jan 2018
Thanks for your help but it's not what I had in mind.

Let me explain. I don't want to have different pages displaying different info. I want to be able to change the displayed value of a parameter, not its label. For example, instead of having on my P6 screen a meaningless 25.18%, I'd like to have something like Sawtooth or Sqr. The Korg PolySix RE is a good example of the display I'd like to have (for the parameter oscillator waveform). But reading the remotemap doesn't help. Maybe this info is retrieved from the RE/VST ?

Edit: In the remotemap, I only found the following (as for my VCO Wave form) :

Code: Select all

Map	Page Name		"VCO"			Instrument	VCO
Map	Name Element 2		"Waveform"			Instrument	ch_VCO
Map	Ch Knob 2		VCO WAVE FORM		NAME	Instrument	ch_VCO
On the P6 display, I get 3 values for the Waveform param: Saw, PW and PWM.
That's just how it is VST's are not named values it is always %. If that's down to the VST developer or Reasons wrapper or both idk. It sucks, I sent a request to Nektar for a fine tune parameter for VST's there is a few that count in 0.5% on the panorama most usually do. The Ch knobs are not as fine as the Faders though. The likes of FabFilter Pro C2 have very fine knobs with the mouse but with the P1 etc they are not as fine. Hopefully a fine tune key is added to the controller at some point to help with that. There is a fine setting on the controllers internal setting but even that is not as fine 0.1% would be great but again you still get the return in % with Reason. Perhaps just how the VST is communicating with Remote probably a shortcut that Props made because most developers hadn't named there values anyway. Hopefully the previous answer gave at least some insight. :D
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

kwn34

08 Jan 2018

Thanks for your answers, guys!

What about hacking the Panorama.lua file? I've been having a look to it and there's a function called get_customized_parameter_value_string (taking two params text_name and text_value) in which the devs have harcoded return values.

Example with Subtractor(around line 4501):

if remote.get_item_text_value(g_device_name)=="Subtractor"then
		if string.find(text_name, "Osc")then
			if string.find(text_name, "Wave")then
				if text_value=="0"then return"Saw"
				elseif text_value=="1"then return"Square"
				elseif text_value=="2"then return"Tri"
				elseif text_value=="3"then return"Sine"
				else return text_value + 1
				end
I guess I could do that for some specific VSTs...

kwn34

08 Jan 2018

It seems to be the correct direction. I could change a displayed value for a knob directly from the panorama.lua script file.

I changed a returned value for the Pulveriser, and it works ! I hope it's not limited to Reason's own instrument...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2018

kwn34 wrote:
08 Jan 2018
Thanks for your answers, guys!

What about hacking the Panorama.lua file? I've been having a look to it and there's a function called get_customized_parameter_value_string (taking two params text_name and text_value) in which the devs have harcoded return values.

Example with Subtractor(around line 4501):

if remote.get_item_text_value(g_device_name)=="Subtractor"then
		if string.find(text_name, "Osc")then
			if string.find(text_name, "Wave")then
				if text_value=="0"then return"Saw"
				elseif text_value=="1"then return"Square"
				elseif text_value=="2"then return"Tri"
				elseif text_value=="3"then return"Sine"
				else return text_value + 1
				end
I guess I could do that for some specific VSTs...
That could work as long as you not working with values like 25.18%

EnochLight

27 Jan 2018

I've reached out to Nektar Tech via a support ticket to find out if support for Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.4 can be added to the Panorama series. What interests me is in bold italics:

Omnisphere v2.4 features:

• New Standalone application
• Smart Update system enabled
Remote control loading of patches and multis via MIDI Program Change, CCs or Notes
• “Enter Parameter Value” feature to set parameter to a specific value
• Up to 2X GUI magnification options
• Added Keyscape Velocity Curve Presets
• Tagging/Library organization improvements
• New Modulation sources: “3-Step” and “4-Step” and Unipolar sources
• Numerous other fixes and enhancements

Hoping this allows them to actually support it now. For some strange reason, the original Omnisphere is supported!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I've reached out to Nektar Tech via a support ticket to find out if support for Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.4 can be added to the Panorama series. What interests me is in bold italics:

Remote control loading of patches and multis via MIDI Program Change, CCs or Notes

Hoping this allows them to actually support it now. For some strange reason, the original Omnisphere is supported!
I did look at mapping Omnisphere 2 however it's 2 stages.

You have to map the Omnisphere to parameters and then map the Nektar to them parameters, bu those parameters can mean different things with different patches etc. Might work best with a grab mapping.

EnochLight

27 Jan 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
27 Jan 2018
EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2018

You have to map the Omnisphere to parameters and then map the Nektar to them parameters, bu those parameters can mean different things with different patches etc. Might work best with a grab mapping.
Thanks! Was your testing on the latest version of Omisphere 2.4 that just came out a few days ago?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
27 Jan 2018

Thanks! Was your testing on the latest version of Omisphere 2.4 that just came out a few days ago?
It was pre that release.

I will have another stab at it, been a bit busy with Random things ;)

demt

07 Feb 2018

erm is triggerfingerpro's arsenal and air software supported ,thanks in advance
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

EnochLight

07 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
07 Feb 2018
No idea what you're asking here. Or are you asking something?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2018

EnochLight wrote:
07 Feb 2018
demt wrote:
07 Feb 2018
Air Music is covered, not sure what triggerfingerpro's arsenal is..

however provide the remote info files and I can turn them into basic grab maps.

EnochLight

07 Feb 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
07 Feb 2018
EnochLight wrote:
07 Feb 2018

Air Music is covered, not sure what triggerfingerpro's arsenal is..

however provide the remote info files and I can turn them into basic grab maps.
Trigger Finger Pro’s Arsenal is the software you run on a TFP stand-alone to utilize other plugins. That’s why I’m confused - I don’t know how he wants Arsenal to be supported on the Panorama. The TFP is clearly a better pad controller.

demt

07 Feb 2018

Right I wanted tfp with. 4 sliders to stand alongside panorama P1 with 8 sliders so when mixing I don't have to reassign the sliders so often it's less stop n start
Good news air music is covered means I can do this. Could you point me to witch patch I should load into the P1 thank you very much
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

07 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
07 Feb 2018
Right I wanted tfp with. 4 sliders to stand alongside panorama P1 with 8 sliders so when mixing I don't have to reassign the sliders so often it's less stop n start
Good news air music is covered means I can do this. Could you point me to witch patch I should load into the P1 thank you very much
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7504913

demt

13 Feb 2018

high ho carnt get the remote map to show in the dropdown menu it wont lock to the device as it doesnt show
error message map file errors

eg line 105481 map entry with unknown control surface item
line 112455 map entry with unknown control surface item
etc etc
hear scince reason 2.5

theshoemaker

13 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
13 Feb 2018
high ho carnt get the remote map to show in the dropdown menu it wont lock to the device as it doesnt show

etc etc
Then you didn't put the right control surface item in the remotemap. That's the name after the Word Map. Open the remotemap you have been editing and goto line eg 105481 and check for the control surface item.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
13 Feb 2018

etc etc
You Nektar Codec on your P1 is out of date, you need to download that from Nektar then install our mapping file over the top.

105481 Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window Instrument
112455 Map Plugin View Proxy Open Plugin Window Instrument

The new Codec introduced "Proxy Open Plugin Window"

demt

13 Feb 2018

Cheers got it to work I don't think arsenal or air are covered through but the mixer faders are thanks again my codec is now in date.as is the patch
hear scince reason 2.5

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
13 Feb 2018
Cheers got it to work I don't think arsenal or air are covered through but the mixer faders are thanks again my codec is now in date.as is the patch
Which Air devices are your using? (and I take it you are talking AIR Music Technology)

demt

14 Feb 2018

Erm it comes bundled with tfp I don't think there's a standalone version
hear scince reason 2.5

EnochLight

14 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
14 Feb 2018
Erm it comes bundled with tfp I don't think there's a standalone version
Air products are all sold optionally as VST plugins, standalone. Or are you referring to M-Audio's Arsenal software that comes with the TFP?

If I remember correctly, Arsenal serves as the plugin "host", and Air Drums and Air Hybrid 3 came with the TFP as included plugins. I haven't used Arsenal since I bought my TFP years ago, though. I just use it as a pad controller and for its step sequencer.

demt

22 Feb 2018

High quality. Sàmples in air otherwise I to would mainly use it as a sequence er and pads
hear scince reason 2.5

EnochLight

22 Feb 2018

demt wrote:
22 Feb 2018
High quality. Sàmples in air otherwise I to would mainly use it as a sequence er and pads
You can't use Air Drums and Air Hybrid 3 just as VST's in Reason? Or is your goal to use Arsenal in standalone mode?

azido

18 May 2018

Hey there,

got through alll the posts and found very helpful solutions. Thank you for all your effort taken in this, especially to Carly for maintaining all that stuff on his dropbox. Higly appreciated.

One question though:

Diving through the map file, i found there is a scope for Akai's Vip (VST). Having Vip 3.1 here i was very happy to see that. But, in the end if i load up an instance of VIP in Reason, it doesn't map any control. Yes, there is a patch name displayed, it also catches the Scope i guess (since the name VIP is on the upper right, and i get 3 pages to select with the x buttons, but no single control i can twiddle.

Does anyone ever had the chance to have a successful mapping for VIP?

Oh, and btw i would really be interested in a guide how to set up the stuff to remote Omnisphere 2.4, too.
Last edited by azido on 18 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
azido

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 May 2018

azido wrote:
18 May 2018
Hey there,

got through alll the posts and found very helpful solutions. Thank you for all your effort taken in this, especially to Carly for maintaining all that stuff on his dropbox. Higly appreciated.

One question though:

Diving through the map file, i found there is a scope for Akai's Vip (VST). Having Vip 3.1 here i was very happy to see that. But, in the end if i load up an instance of VIP in Reason, it doesn't map any control. Yes, there is a patch name displayed, it also catches the Scope i guess (since the name VIP is on the upper right, and i get 3 pages to select with the x buttons, but no single control i can twiddle.

Does anyone ever had the chance to have a successful mapping for VIP?

Oh, and btw i would really be interested in a guide how to set up the stuff to remote Omnisphere 2.4, too.

Regards, azido
That is one of Nektars own mappings on the VIP, could you please load your device up in Reason, then from "File" select "export device remote info" and send me that file or upload it here and I will have a quick look. (do you know if they do a demo for it?)

Ref: Omnisphere, there are so many parameters that can be mapped and it will be a 2 stage approach to it, I have Omnisphere however since I have brought it I have not had chance to use it, in fact I have 2.5 install. So the 2 stage approach I believe is to map the midi in Omnisphere, then to map to those via the Nektar but this is something that still needs to be tested.

• Information