Does M-Audio M-Box (Original) Work with Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
polardozer

13 Sep 2015

Hi, I'm Polar, I come here every once in a while, and am planning on making another step towards a fully functioning mini studio, and purchasing an audio interface.

I am currently looking at the original M-Box by M-Audio, as it is only $70 on BH Photo/Video, and because it also includes two Inputs, as well as two 1/4 inch outputs.

My question is, will this work with Reason? I am currently running Reason Essentials 8.3, and have read that you should make sure that the audio interface works with your DAW.

Thanks, Polar.

:puf_smile:

normen

13 Sep 2015

Any audio device that has ASIO (windows) or Core Audio (OSX) drivers will work with Reason.

polardozer

13 Sep 2015

Thanks for replying.

I looked, and it appears that the M Box does have ASIO drivers.

I was looking at the Behringer Xenyx Q1202USB Mixer/Interface, and saw one review that said,

"**Be warned, however, that, like any USB mixer, tracks recorded through different channels on the mixer WILL NOT record as separate tracks in your DAW. This can only be achieved via much more expensive fire-wire mixers. You will have to make sure your separate channel levels are set evenly before recording. (I recommend recording at a lower volume because of this)**"

So, is this the case with all USB Interfaces/mixers? I wanted to be able to record two things at once, and have them on separate tracks, so I can use effects.

Thanks! :puf_smile:

freeQlow

13 Sep 2015

Honestly, $29 more and the Audio box by presonus is yours.

M Audio was exciting 12 years ago. 12 Years before a lot of us learned they either A) Can Work or B) Can sometimes work.

It is a good entry interface IMO, but the $100 - $250 range has some quality...

Check out Focusrite and Presonus. Also native instruments and Zoom.

freeQlow

13 Sep 2015

To be blunt

Be warned of anything with the name Behringer or M Audio on it.

They are both entry level, with very low customer ratings, and low customer support (Behringer doesn't have a US based support)

Behringer is known for almost duplicating the exterior of high end gear like Allen & Heath or Pioneer DJ but with low quality parts (hence the low price) and very short OOB life.

Be warned on both those brands period.

freeQlow

13 Sep 2015

I will go on the record and say that M Audio has some great entry level reference monitors in the BX8, the 5" are okay but the Bx8" are such a bargain. They are a heavy on the low end, but great for the price as your first pair of 8" monitors. Bought mine in 2006 and gifted them to a friend in 2010

• Information