Reaktor 6 Released

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Flandersh

09 Sep 2015

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... reaktor-6/

It looks great with better GUI, and the new block mode seems to make it easier for modular users. Additions to the sampling paradigms, ZDF-filters, antialiased OSCs and more in core looks also interesting.

EpiGenetik

09 Sep 2015

Essentially 30 new modular units in the blocks section, that's a cool selling point. Difficult to tell what it'll be like to use prior to giving it a test drive - for me it can't happen any time soon anyway but it'll certainly happen once it's possible.

am0eba

09 Sep 2015

$200US new / $100US for upgrade... Didn't this thing cost around $500US in previous versions? Seems like a good deal...

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

Heater

09 Sep 2015

A fantastic upgrade.

Biolumin3sc3nt

09 Sep 2015

Arrrgh - I just spent the last of my cash on RE's!

chimp_spanner

10 Sep 2015

Just working with it now. The blocks are cool! Really cool. Perhaps a bit chunky (UI) wise but very polished. Perhaps they could've included more blocks, like a bit crusher, chorus, phaser, whatever else. But I mean you can find those in the Factory Library. They just don't look as nice as the blocks. Might head over to the user area and see what FX modules people have created :) But yeah, highly recommend. And I haven't even touched the new features throughout the rest of Reaktor yet.

chimp_spanner

10 Sep 2015

Aaaand there are already 4 new blocks in the user area. Free rack extensions! ;)

PhutureD

10 Sep 2015

am0eba wrote:$200US new / $100US for upgrade... Didn't this thing cost around $500US in previous versions? Seems like a good deal...

_Dave_
It was 399 the last time if i remeber correctly.

am0eba

10 Sep 2015

PhutureD wrote:
am0eba wrote:$200US new / $100US for upgrade... Didn't this thing cost around $500US in previous versions? Seems like a good deal...

_Dave_
It was 399 the last time if i remeber correctly.
Yeah, I did some digging and found that as well. $200 if you're starting from scratch, and $100 if you're upgrading are both incredible deals. Realtor 5 had a very STEEEEP learning curve, and I expect 6 will as well, but the only thing I'm aware of that comes close to the power and flexibility you get with it is Max for Live - and that doesn't look nearly as party as the new Reaktor 6 interface!

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

EpiGenetik

10 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Just working with it now. The blocks are cool! Really cool. Perhaps a bit chunky (UI) wise but very polished. Perhaps they could've included more blocks, like a bit crusher, chorus, phaser, whatever else. But I mean you can find those in the Factory Library. They just don't look as nice as the blocks. Might head over to the user area and see what FX modules people have created :) But yeah, highly recommend. And I haven't even touched the new features throughout the rest of Reaktor yet.
From the breakdown of the product page which shows each of the blocks in categorized style sets, I get a very strong wiff of expansion packs to further the set. For me the oscillators section in particular is just screaming for it. We shall see :)

Flandersh

12 Sep 2015

My first impression is that of workflow enhancements. Thought a bit chunky, as said, the blocks have an easy framework for development, and the new core library is great. The ZDF toolkit is something I've never seen like before, and I think it will contribute to many great sounding filters. Compared to my ZDF filters in Reaktor 5, which I used some hours on, the toolkit made me able to make a custom ZDF filter in 10 minutes.

• Information