M audio trigger finger pro?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
gak

27 Aug 2015

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriggerFinPro (also at my local GC for that price) Wasn't it like 250 or 300 recently?

Being that it's m-audio I'm sure it's garbage, but this is a closeout price and would really like something like this IN ADDITION to what I have. I know it's not automatically integrated into reason but I saw a cool viddy that shows it being set up pretty easy/one time.

Why would I want one?

-I'd like 16 pads (currently only have 8)
-I'd like to keep the faders/pan/instrument/etc the same on my impact and then use the TFP for specialty stuff w/o have to change the defaults of it temporarily.
-I'd like better pads than the nektar (they are "ok" but not super great)

I'll do more searching and research as well but thoughts are most welcome!

ScuzzyEye

27 Aug 2015

I guess Skrillex didn't want the 120 Trigger Fingers that M-Audio was stockpiling for him.

gak

27 Aug 2015

freakin' canadians.

gak

27 Aug 2015

Fuck it, I'ma go pick one up right now. I'll let you guys know in a couple if it's any good or not.

gak

27 Aug 2015

Slicker than shit on a hot tin roof so far. Pad are light years from the nektar.

Much learning to do.

gak

03 Sep 2015

It's a beauty. It's a total blowout, many places that had it at the time I posted this are out and will NEVER have it again. I guess it's disco'ed?

Pads are great imnsho. Once you get it "in your head" what the menus do (there are quite a few!) you can understand some things. If you are just a tapper and don't have maschine/push/something like that, I'd recommend snagging one at this price. I know my GC has them but it's unclear if you can order online. Amazon seems to still have them but sweetwater is totally sold out.

EnochLight

03 Sep 2015

Here's my thoughts on the TFP (and many other peoples thoughts as well):

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... finger+pro

Also, this setup video is very handy:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

04 Sep 2015

i hope they are just making a new version and not discontinuing the product

gak

05 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:Here's my thoughts on the TFP (and many other peoples thoughts as well):

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... finger+pro

Also, this setup video is very handy:

You know what, I knew there was a thread here about this and I couldn't find it. But the price wasn't 149 at that time, was it?

@viddy: Yep, first one I used. Owe that guy a drink ;)

gak

05 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:Seems you can still buy it direct from M-Audio for $199
http://www.m-audio.com/products/view/tr ... ekft2RViko
The GC link is back up: http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio/Tri ... 9207944.gc

EnochLight

05 Sep 2015

gak wrote:But the price wasn't 149 at that time, was it?
I think I paid $179 for mine about 8-9 months ago.
Wow - that's an incredible deal!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

05 Sep 2015

i found one on sale in australia, its reduced by a $100 its now going for $299, meanwhile in america i have seen them advertised as low as $149, all i can say is australias economy currently sucks balls, and i wont even begin to talk about how pathetic the current government is grrrrrrr :(

*actually it just dawned on me , i have two exs that live in newyork, maybe i should get in touch and see if they can redirect some packages for me ?

gak

06 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:
gak wrote:But the price wasn't 149 at that time, was it?
I think I paid $179 for mine about 8-9 months ago.
Wow - that's an incredible deal!
:mrgreen:

gak

06 Sep 2015

decibel wrote:i found one on sale in australia, its reduced by a $100 its now going for $299, meanwhile in america i have seen them advertised as low as $149, all i can say is australias economy currently sucks balls, and i wont even begin to talk about how pathetic the current government is grrrrrrr :(

*actually it just dawned on me , i have two exs that live in newyork, maybe i should get in touch and see if they can redirect some packages for me ?
You might want to. Australia DOES seem to s... ba....s with this kinda thing. Don't know why.

@reason for price, yeah, sorry, but I think it's discoed :(

decibel

06 Sep 2015

gak wrote:
decibel wrote:i found one on sale in australia, its reduced by a $100 its now going for $299, meanwhile in america i have seen them advertised as low as $149, all i can say is australias economy currently sucks balls, and i wont even begin to talk about how pathetic the current government is grrrrrrr :(

You might want to. Australia DOES seem to s... ba....s with this kinda thing. Don't know why.

@reason for price, yeah, sorry, but I think it's discoed :(

it seems there must be some kind of trade agreements in place that prohibit distributors in other countries shipping certain name brand musical gear here, its weird because i can order other electronics such as cameras, computer gear ect cheaply from other countries, just not musical equipment ? i'll be traveling in asia again soon though so if i do see anything on sale while travelling i'll just post it back by sea mail, its cheap as fuck that way and ill be back in my own country before it arrives in the mail (usually takes about 2 months via sea mail)

im just glad i went all out buying up all the RE'S i wanted last year before our dollar plummeted and lost about a quarter of its value, i dont think its going to regain any ground any time to soon either so my timing was good yeah :)

* oh and if it is discontinued lets hope they have a newer version on the way ?

Dkhairho

25 Sep 2015

Any one figure out a way to mimic the "16 Level" feature of the Akai MPC series of drum machines in Kong when using the Trigger Finger Pro (TFP)?

For those not familiar with "16 Level," it is a feature that affects the sample loaded onto a specific drum pad by allowing the pad to be spread over all 16 pads utilizing one of the following effects: velocity, filter, tune, decay, attack, and layer.

I've created "MPC" type patches using the Combinator and Kong that would pretty much be complete if I had this feature available.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Attachments
IMG_2018.jpeg
IMG_2018.jpeg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 4633 times
Reason 8.3 | Recycle 2.2 | ProTools 10 | Akai Software 1.8 | MacBook Pro OS X 10.10.5 | Mac Pro OS X 10.7.5 | Digidesign Digi003 | Akai MPK49 | Akai Renaissance | Nektar Panorama P-1 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | Stanton T.92 USB

Shokstar

28 Apr 2016

at the end the trigger finger pro is a midi controller with sampler software, and I like it. It´s easy to use and you can get on the fly a cool seq out of the box.

gak

29 Apr 2016

:lol: wake the dead!

I still have mine and like it a lot. but........

As recently trying the arsenal software from another host, it's buggy as hell. It's a tough go at trying to use it (nothing like the flow of reason/kong) and has strange issues with automation.

But, you can't argue with the sounds of the included "air" banks! If they were available in rex2 on their own, I'd probably pay extra to snatch.

hailbou

11 Jul 2016

Does anyone know if you can lock different sections of the trigger finger pro eg faders to mixer, knobs to synth filters and pads to kong?

demt

20 Jan 2018

ive got it but its strictly not showing in the arsenal plugin help!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

23 Jan 2018

Got tfp Togo in the arsenal software hurrah now to do it again
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

01 Feb 2018

anybody know how to record a sequence from triggerfingerpro to reason, my vids playing up,am i missing something obvious in the arsenal software.
help really needed
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

02 Feb 2018

got it to go. midi in in the hardware interface, alls cool,
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information