Atmegatron returns to stores 08/24/15

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

23 Aug 2015

http://soulsbysynths.com/atmegatron-complete/

I only just learned of this synth, but supposedly with it's new release along with a new software version, it is dropping in price by $200.
Originally $499
Now $299

I really like the interface of this! Looks like so much fun to play with and without a keyboard.

The 100dB sweep filter @ 1:20 (video below) is pretty intense indeed :D

Should be fun to sequence with Reason. Also, I wonder if this software could be made into a RE...

Ronin

23 Aug 2015

That looks fuckin dope, but I really don't need any new hardware synths ;P

joeyluck

23 Aug 2015

Ronin wrote:That looks fuckin dope, but I really don't need any new hardware synths ;P
I dig it. I think it will be a great compliment to Reason with MIDI Out. I usually steer clear of any hardware that isn't analog (figuring that other, digital stuff should be possible to be done with software on my computer). But this interface offers something more in my opinion—very inviting. And the ability to load and write your own synths for it is quite cool.

But onto the other point—how about one or all of these as REs? :D

CharlyCharlzz

23 Aug 2015

I think it is a digital synth , would be fun to have as a RE anyway .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

joeyluck

23 Aug 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:I think it is a digital synth , would be fun to have as a RE anyway .
Yes it is. That was not in question

Ronin

23 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Ronin wrote:That looks fuckin dope, but I really don't need any new hardware synths ;P
I dig it. I think it will be a great compliment to Reason with MIDI Out. I usually steer clear of any hardware that isn't analog (figuring that other, digital stuff should be possible to be done with software on my computer). But this interface offers something more in my opinion—very inviting. And the ability to load and write your own synths for it is quite cool.

But onto the other point—how about one or all of these as REs? :D
I already own a few hardware synths and keyboards so I cant justify buying more basically. They look cool though :)

Olivier

24 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote: I dig it. I think it will be a great compliment to Reason with MIDI Out. I usually steer clear of any hardware that isn't analog (figuring that other, digital stuff should be possible to be done with software on my computer). But this interface offers something more in my opinion—very inviting. And the ability to load and write your own synths for it is quite cool.
Very much this !
I love physical synths, especially analog. Its why i buy analog gear (building a modular).
Somehow its more inviting to me to turn knobs on an analog device then on a midi controller. I forgot about that aspect for a long time and i'm glad i rediscovered it some years ago. Feels like i'm going from engineer to musician again. I like that.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

CharlyCharlzz

24 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:I think it is a digital synth , would be fun to have as a RE anyway .
Yes it is. That was not in question

I know , I am not a dev i could not know this information even if I wish really hard.

the only dev who may know if it is possible is Peff because he did Alias 8 IMO .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

freeQlow

26 Aug 2015

$299 is enough to get me serious

• Information