Mac El Capitan to focus on performance improvements

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Theo.M

12 Jul 2015

Anyone had the guts to try out the beta? I might be the guinea pig, as since this laptop is going to need a reformat and reinstall with an ssd to be useful till I get a new one, I thought if i backed up my important reason stuff and emails to an external, i could install el capitan and have a play before i start with a fresh new boot drive.

I am hoping this will be the "snow leopard" of apple's current generation OS.... Lion was Ok ish, Mountain Lion was a bit of a performance dog, Mavericks has major problems with memory management, Yosemite is OK but it seems to have some performance issues again, So i am hoping el capitan gets it all back on track since they are actually openly talking about performance increases this time, which is the first time since snow leopard. Nothing to this day has ever felt as fast to me, with boot or shutdown, or general clicking/doing anything, than my imac with average speed ssd and 10.6.8 and Logic 9 (i have to upgrade to install reason on that one).

Since apple seems to release major OS updates faster than what should be allowed, there are a lot of average releases in between and occasionally you get the corker and stay with it for as long as you can. This is what I am hoping this 10.11. Anyone else interested?

Biolumin3sc3nt

13 Jul 2015

I'm curious to see if there's any performance increase, but Mavericks is the last version that's able to use NI Kore 2. Been discontinued I know, but I still love using the thing. Not to mention how much I spent on the Sample Packs from back in the day. When I get a new Mac in 2016, I'll finally put it to rest!

• Information