Interesting.. Softube Heartbeat Drum Instrument!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Theo.M

27 Jun 2015

http://www.softube.com/index.php?id=hea ... r-2015-06b

I never saw this one coming!

Gonna try the 20 day demo sometime this week and will also test it via reason ext midi and mini host and see how well it works.

But if it's any good, you know what we will be pushing softube for a port of next! hehe

Exowildebeest

27 Jun 2015

I think this might have been mentioned here already :)

It's interesting. The synthesis could be very good, and little features like that chaos/mayhem stuff could be very cool too.

On the other hand, it might not offer very much you can't do in Reason already, so for that premium price... Maybe if they port it it'll be more focused on the synthesis/samples and less on the inbuilt effects. Oh yeah, and the SDK still needs sample loading ;)

Theo.M

27 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I think this might have been mentioned here already :)

It's interesting. The synthesis could be very good, and little features like that chaos/mayhem stuff could be very cool too.

On the other hand, it might not offer very much you can't do in Reason already, so for that premium price... Maybe if they port it it'll be more focused on the synthesis/samples and less on the inbuilt effects. Oh yeah, and the SDK still needs sample loading ;)
hmm i actually searched for it by putting the word heart in and then heartbeat and couldn't find anything, before i posted. I might be a doofus here and not checked hard enough. My apologies if so!

We do know the premium price will be less than 100 on sales.. if retail is just over 200, they do their annual 50%, then resellers are cheaper again. I don't think I would buy it at 200 but I will definitely give it a good workout this coming week and let you guys know what I think.

Exowildebeest

27 Jun 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:I think this might have been mentioned here already :)

Theo.M wrote:
hmm i actually searched for it by putting the word heart in and then heartbeat and couldn't find anything, before i posted. I might be a doofus here and not checked hard enough. My apologies if so!

We do know the premium price will be less than 100 on sales.. if retail is just over 200, they do their annual 50%, then resellers are cheaper again. I don't think I would buy it at 200 but I will definitely give it a good workout this coming week and let you guys know what I think.
No need to apologize or worry about crossposting, I think it was just mentioned in passing somewhere in a post :) I could be wrong. Now that it's out it deserves its own topic.

Let us know what you think of it! (I suspect the synthesis is better than Kong's... but that'd be no surprise)

Theo.M

27 Jun 2015

yeah i actually expect it to sound very good as there is nothing of softube's that sounds bad.. even the filterbank plugin they released, which was annoying to use on stereo sources that needed a locked filter sweep cause it had no left/right link lock, sounded better than anything regards to resonant low pass.. on par or even slightly better than the drop.. the rest of the filter plugs on any platform are a distance away IMO. But the price and poor ergonomics were an obstacle for that one as the drop was already out for half the price and much easier to use. Point being that nothing they make, even if they have faults, actually sounds bad.. their tubetech RE another great example.. the issue with that one is the silly (imo) price, but no one can accuse it of being a fail sound wise ;)

so this one will either be, awesome and worth every penny, awesome but has stiff competition and will wait for sale, or awesome but problems with quirky ergonomics hehe.

Biolumin3sc3nt

30 Jun 2015

I was demoing this last night and i think it sounds bad ass. Very well worth the $219 IMO. One more thing to add to the growing list

• Information