BTV software upgrade and update and BKE website news .

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CharlyCharlzz

13 Jun 2015

anybody here Got a BeatThang or BTV* ??!!

I just received a Mail from them asking if I still use it ,  they changing the website and i can Update for free my BTV or pay 50% off the Upgrade (20$ insted of 40$) .
*(btv is the software that Run standalone or in vst mod but that also can be controlled by BeatThang Hardware) .
I used to Watch the Thang like the ultimate MPC back then and waited for it to drop price to buy one.

I dont use my BeatThang much but it's classy LOL , I do use the BTV a lot because it launch super fast compared to a daw and give me a fast workflow and option that i may need , it also got the greatest sounds I ever heard , the instruments are not that great but the drums and sound FX samples are HUGE !
if you dont know what is a BeatThang or what BTV I suggest you go see on there page but since it's clossing for a new one I have no idears wich one o share LOL ....try this one https://beatthang.com/home  there is no news on there old website but it looks like we are going to be able to buy new FX and adds for the software (dont know about the hardware) etc...

so now they call it BTV ONE when before it was BTV SOLO and now they make a new website called BTVINFINITY but not active yet I think , the previous owners can update free and it's soon to come for everybody but if you got a beatthang or a BTV you should know that anyway I guess .

BeatThang hardware is cool but the software is kind of much more easy to use and got a wide community of users compared to the hardware .

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

soroc sosta

13 Jun 2015

I have the BTV.

In my rush to buy for 20$, I found out it is an upgrade from BT Solo (BT ONE) to BTV!

I'm not sure if the EDM pack is included in the UPDATE from BT Solo to BT ONE!

I'm really starting to get into and enjoy the BTV more with Cubase, crazy drum and one shot samples.

They have a really good concept brewing as well BTV INFINITY.

-Taz

CharlyCharlzz

14 Jun 2015

CrunkNationEnt wrote:I have the BTV.

In my rush to buy for 20$, I found out it is an upgrade from BT Solo (BT ONE) to BTV!

I'm not sure if the EDM pack is included in the UPDATE from BT Solo to BT ONE!

I'm really starting to get into and enjoy the BTV more with Cubase, crazy drum and one shot samples.

They have a really good concept brewing as well BTV INFINITY.

-Taz
Nice. I have not notice that up , I would have payed for nothing then I guess .
I was thinking it was a bit weird that they add feats I already got anyway  haha ......
well free update is what i get then , the EDM soundpack sound great but I'm shure i will look at there shop when it's ready anyway .
I also use BTV with cubase but I often export every tracks in audio to work in Reason , loops made out of BTV do real cool DR-REX files :)

soroc sosta

14 Jun 2015

Oh Ok!

Curious...What advantages do you get producing the bounced BTV stems in Reason over producing the bounced stems Cubase?

Is it only for Dr REX functionality?

-TAZ

CharlyCharlzz

16 Jun 2015

CrunkNationEnt wrote:Oh Ok!

Curious...What advantages do you get producing the bounced BTV stems in Reason over producing the bounced stems Cubase?

Is it only for Dr REX functionality?

-TAZ
yes , I make a Reason Project at the same BPM then my BeatThang LOOPs and once they in Reason I export dr-Rex Files for each of them .
that way I can play each slices on my keyboard or just replace bits by others , add re-groove (can't on regular audio steas) or I can from there just take a slice from it and use it in Kong .
it open more doors once in Rex format but sometime I just need one bar of something and I just do it fast and use the exported wav but most of the time I use BTV on standalone and bounce all audio out's from it in stems wich is faster then doing it track by track in cubase  .

i also do my REX files with high callity samples settings and using high callity stems so I use less space using rex files and they can be played in any projects sounding just right .

CharlyCharlzz

18 Jun 2015

update : I readed that the new upgrade will have sampling wich is really cool but I Wonder how the sampling edition will be .
this thing will be crazy I can feel it already , I dont know any vst that do sampling and stuff BTV do And it can be runned on stand alone so yhea must buy IMO.

soroc sosta

19 Jun 2015

Thanks for the explanation on how you treat your loops in Reason.  Have you been able to MIDI Reason to the BTV?

You went ahead and took the plunge, huh!?  BTV already had sampling capability, If you had the full version ... were there any other changes besides that?

- TAZ

CharlyCharlzz

19 Jun 2015

CrunkNationEnt wrote:Thanks for the explanation on how you treat your loops in Reason.  Have you been able to MIDI Reason to the BTV?

You went ahead and took the plunge, huh!?  BTV already had sampling capability, If you had the full version ... were there any other changes besides that?

- TAZ
Have you been able to MIDI Reason to the BTV?  
yes with the Reason Midi Rack device

You went ahead and took the plunge, huh!?  BTV already had sampling capability, If you had the full version ...  
I got the free update but I have not upgrade to BTV Core for 20 dollars, maybe I should but I own the hardware so I got free updates 4 life but I never knew the software could sample ....damn , so was using the hardware for this .
were there any other changes besides that? 
not really , I think BKE will have a new shop that will work a bit like the RE shop , I take the guess that the shop will sell a lot more SoundPacks and maybe they will add in the shop some FX packs to add more FX into BeatThang (maybe new skins LOL) .
they closed there old account system and I am worry because I owned a few downloads of a few liscences in there but they sayed it will all be in my new account in a few days (weeks) .
if you upgrade to Core then you get there latest SB (4000 sounds) +118 kits  and the EDM pack , a few patterns etc...
I guess that they set a new option in BTV and once it start Rolling online we are going to see new features to buy in the shop but that is pure spéculation.

CharlyCharlzz

05 Jul 2015

so there is a WEBINAR session the 9th , a demonstration of the hardware etc.. and they will give everybody a goodie , check it out https://beatthangwebinar.com/register-9090

CharlyCharlzz

09 Jul 2015

edit: they mailed me saying the webinar failed , I was thinking it was a server error and it could not work in Swiss but nope .

so they sayed they will throw one up again sometimes ......

anyway tryed there newest update of BTV and it failed to instal right becuase I keep clicking and adding my e-mail but it never launch ,
now I got no BTV working so I am pissed off twice with this .

CharlyCharlzz

04 Aug 2015

Edit : so This guys helped me get it all working in no time like pro's ,
I had news abôut that BeatThang infinity and it's a weekly service that provide you with fresh samples , looking at the price and knowing there products I think it may be Worth it .

anyway I hope we get some fresh stuff from them , BTV is still my favorit drum sampling module and the hardware is mad .

abid

19 Dec 2015

Hi,

It look like BTV team has upgraded the software and are playing with their old customers. My BTV box updates only upto 40% and then it says there is network problem. I talked to customer service, they are saying box is old, buy new box.

It look like they wanna sell new btv box rather than updating my software. Anyone knows, how to complete the update and let box running.

CharlyCharlzz

19 Dec 2015

abid wrote:Hi,

It look like BTV team has upgraded the software and are playing with their old customers. My BTV box updates only upto 40% and then it says there is network problem. I talked to customer service, they are saying box is old, buy new box.

It look like they wanna sell new btv box rather than updating my software. Anyone knows, how to complete the update and let box running.

we are talking about a music software , not BTV TV .....

CharlyCharlzz

19 Jan 2016

UPDATES ; they closed most of there pages down !

I had a 2nd liscence with downloads that was on it becuase when you buy the hardware you had two liscences and I also had my soundpacks with a few downloads lefts but all that vanished .

now there is still one website working with the latest verion to download and I can still log on it but for everything else only skype is working to get in touch with a guy that can help out .

it was a great concept and soundpacks was super great , maybe the best I ever had but damn it ..... it is not looking Good !

the software is great but I wonder how I can instal it in the future LOL , still got the hardware but I dont think it will be updated anymore so the version I got from last year is looking like the final version .

it is a shame , it had so much awards and made so much buzz that I cant anderstand how it drawned like that .
a company that started well and that died in silence , maybe these guys will make a app or something with what is left but I would not invest in a Beatthang right now if I was anybody .
my battery is almost dead so I wonder what will I do the day I need to change it that .

anyway I wish them all the best and hope they do something about it one day .

• Information