PreSonus- Product Launch-Live Webinar/Chat 20th May 6.30PM UK (13.30 EST, 10.30am PST) Studio One 3 ??? ;-)

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1517
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 04 Jun 2015

The Intrancer wrote:Everything you need to know about Studio One 3, narrated by another 2 dudes....hang on why is there no women doing overview's of features ? It would be a nice change to hear a female perspective..for a change.
"A female perspective"? Dafuq does that mean?

I'm about as interested in a "female perspective" on a DAW as I am in a Jewish perspective on a dishwasher.

The Intrancer
Banned user
Posts: 132
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 04 Jun 2015

The Intrancer wrote:Everything you need to know about Studio One 3, narrated by another 2 dudes....hang on why is there no women doing overview's of features ? It would be a nice change to hear a female perspective..for a change.
Exowildebeest wrote:
"A female perspective"? Dafuq does that mean?

I'm about as interested in a "female perspective" on a DAW as I am in a Jewish perspective on a dishwasher.
I like the variety views from both angles of the sink when it comes to Daws :D


AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

User avatar
gak
Posts: 2840
Joined: 05 Feb 2015

Post 04 Jun 2015

I have hyperboled a little in my last post, sorry for that.

It doesn't surprise me that it needs some TLC from the initial release, but it does surprise me there is no update/bugfix yet.

Love a lot of the new features, but I don't want to be a beta tester (which is what I felt like) so I bounced all my parts, deleted everything studio one/vst, and won't install again until the first bugfix is out. I'm starting to worry that it might not happen in time to continue the demo.

Some vst stuff I don't want to sell. The slate VMR/VCC, a couple of amp sims like S GEAR (which I wish they would port over to RE :frown: ) and I'm keen on eventually demoing the new ENGL stuff that was UAD. S1/reason combo is pretty terrific and I can of course reinstall 2.6.5 (which worked fine) but like many gear heads...it nags me that I can't use the V3 :x  

The Intrancer
Banned user
Posts: 132
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2015

gak wrote:I have hyperboled a little in my last post, sorry for that.

It doesn't surprise me that it needs some TLC from the initial release, but it does surprise me there is no update/bugfix yet.

Love a lot of the new features, but I don't want to be a beta tester (which is what I felt like) so I bounced all my parts, deleted everything studio one/vst, and won't install again until the first bugfix is out. I'm starting to worry that it might not happen in time to continue the demo.

Some vst stuff I don't want to sell. The slate VMR/VCC, a couple of amp sims like S GEAR (which I wish they would port over to RE :frown: ) and I'm keen on eventually demoing the new ENGL stuff that was UAD. S1/reason combo is pretty terrific and I can of course reinstall 2.6.5 (which worked fine) but like many gear heads...it nags me that I can't use the V3 :x  

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from although it's a bit premature to expect any patches to be released so soon though after a week and a half of it going out, it's quite a huge update and with thousands of combinations of computer hardware setups, some things just can't escape being slipped through in the transition and where conflicts can occur when moving from a similar version to the next on the same system. If very few people are having issue's that you may be having whilst others don't, it's much harder for developers to pin down so communities and the people on them are a great resource to help if you can't figure it out.

It may be worth creating a new clean installation on another drive with a bare setup of hardware, that way you can rule out anything and find the source of the issue. You'd then be in better position to evaluate the application as well.

I've explored it and there a couple of things that need addressed which are highlighted over on the Presonus forums, but I'm sure the coding boffins are already on case with fixing what they need to fix.

Presonus One 2 was great in moving from Reason for me, stuff just seems to fall into place once I got use to it. I'd like to see more in the defining of the GUI colours in V3 but it's a definite step in the right direction. For the type of music I make all the new tools and instruments/updated instruments are great, hopefully they will have a new drum machine as good as that of Kong. The last track I made in S1 you can play just below from the SC image in my sig.

I've still to buy the latest update and download the extra 15 Gig of content, but will soon, gonna be away from computer this weekend party/nightclub stuff.


AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

User avatar
Gorilla Texas
Posts: 157
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jun 2015

Upgraded couldn't wait.

User avatar
Puckboy2000
Posts: 265
Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Location: SoCal

Post 05 Jun 2015

After watching tutorials on Melodyne I am disappointed that Studio One only has the Essentials version. Looks like I will buy Melodyne Editor as well as it has so many more features that I want to use, like the formant control.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

The Intrancer
Banned user
Posts: 132
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 12 Jun 2015


Interesting stuff to read whilst you have a cuppa and biscuit.

Developing Studio One-The High DPI-Graphics-Engine

http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/2015 ... cs-engine/
AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests