CasioTone VL-5 , if anybody got one I need your help !

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CharlyCharlzz

12 May 2015

So I went to this garage sale the other day and got a CasioTone VL-5 for 5 euros :)

it's not Worth much but it's a Geek model because it's the only synth (with the mt70) that got a infrared pen that can read data for length and note , it's also full of circuits easy and made to bent and from what I remember you can  the unit it in binary code ôr something .
anyway do any of you guys got one with the barcode songbook ? not the MT70 book but the vl-5 ?
if any one do have this songbook can you give it a scan and share the pics with me ;)

cheers .

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

MarkTarlton

19 May 2015

I have one! I have the book somewhere in storage...I am going there in a few days and I will look around and see if it's easy to find. I don't have a scanner though.

eusti

19 May 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:I have one! I have the book somewhere in storage...I am going there in a few days and I will look around and see if it's easy to find. I don't have a scanner though.
These days decent digital cameras, even phones can do a pretty decent job under the right circumstances... Worth a try, I'd say.

D.

Marco Raaphorst

20 May 2015

those famous sounds.... :D

CharlyCharlzz

20 May 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:I have one! I have the book somewhere in storage...I am going there in a few days and I will look around and see if it's easy to find. I don't have a scanner though.

what else you got in that storage ? Watch out I already seen tr-808's and DMX tech going for nothig on the storage wars tv show :D :thumbup:

anyway if you aint got a scanner then forget about it , If I ask it's because I want to save money myself insted of trying to buy one so I can't ask peoples to spend any money even to scan this to digital data at a professional printing thingy . 
that sayed if I find these I think I will publish and share them on some blog or website  because there is no PDF scan of those on internet for some reasons and I don't think casio bothers for any right since they only made a few .

@marco , that is the vl-1 (dadada) but I think the song can be uploaded by the vl-5 with the book .

MarkTarlton

20 May 2015

my idea when I got that was to photo copy the music in the book and than start cutting and pasting it all up in with some good old fashioned scissors and tape :) I tried messing with it but at that time the ink on the photo copies wasn't good enough to let the pen scanner thingy it comes with be able to read it.

I will keep ya posted!

ps - my fantasies are always about going to some garage sale or storage sale and find like vintage neumann u47's or something way out of my price range for super good deals! I actually am a gear hunter and am obsessive about looking for good deals on Craiglist/Ebay.

CharlyCharlzz

20 May 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:my idea when I got that was to photo copy the music in the book and than start cutting and pasting it all up in with some good old fashioned scissors and tape :) I tried messing with it but at that time the ink on the photo copies wasn't good enough to let the pen scanner thingy it comes with be able to read it.

I will keep ya posted!

ps - my fantasies are always about going to some garage sale or storage sale and find like vintage neumann u47's or something way out of my price range for super good deals! I actually am a gear hunter and am obsessive about looking for good deals on Craiglist/Ebay.
I readed up that some peoples used to draw bars with a marker and then readed the result using the pen ,  others just searched on packagings the perfect riff LOL 

for those who want to read about it http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casio_VL-5.html

• Information