Launchkey users

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
SebAudio

03 May 2015

Are Launchkey users on tne board ? If so, what is your feedback ? i'm mainly interested in Reason integration (since keybed qualiy is very to own's taste).
Thank you !

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 May 2015

I has a 6 octave when they first came out and it was ok except it wouldn't trigger notes in Reason in the top octave (worked in other hosts). Check to see if that was actually fixed as I got sick of waiting.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

SebAudio

04 May 2015

Undoubtedly it was the keys of the 6th octave ? ;-)

gak

05 May 2015

I didn't like mine. I took it back. Integration wasn't super great (some things were ok) and the pads didn't work. Also on mine, one of the paners wouldn't work right.

What I ended up with was the nektar impact. It's doing quite nicely. 

jallen97

05 May 2015

I have the little one(2 octave). It has been rock solid. I wish there was a way to use the other color on the pads, it only utilizes the red. Not all the knobs get routed great for every device. I think you can somehow make that happen but I think that may be a bit above my computer skill level :) . I think for that you have to somehow load a file that it uses for each device it sees. I've seen some people talk about it here, can't remember what it is called.
I've toyed around with getting the 4 octave version. I haven't tried the Nektar.
For me I think the keybed is great but I'm no keyboard player.

• Information