Nektar Panorama P6 question

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
arqui

28 Jan 2015

Hi
Hello I recently bought the keyboard Nektar Panora ma P6.
aftertouch action feels different between the black and white keys, being harder on the black keys.
this causing chords not feel natural, and this is a big problem for me.
this is so or is it a problem of my Keyboard?
Thanks and regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

InavigableHeart

28 Jan 2015

Its the same on my P6 and I've heard about it on others. A shame really as the white keys feel amazing, but I've gotten used to it over time. Sorry I can't offer more than that, hope it doesn't put you off an otherwise brilliant controller!

EnochLight

31 Jan 2015

My P4 doesn't demonstrate this behavior. Have the two of you submitted a tech support request via your accounts at Nektar's webste to get their input?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

sharpblue

31 Jan 2015

i hope you have patience, panorama take forever to respond to enquiries

InavigableHeart

31 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:My P4 doesn't demonstrate this behavior. Have the two of you submitted a tech support request via your accounts at Nektar's webste to get their input?
Thanks Enoch,

Not being much of a pianist, its never bothered me too much, and I can't be bothered with the hassle TBH. But it was something I heard about in reviews on Amazon and forums before I bought the board. 

I find the black keys are taller and squarer than my other boards, and are about 15% stiffer to press than the white keys. On the rare few occasions I've used the aftertouch, I'd say that the white keys are more predictable for controlling pressure too. Its always baffled me as the build quality is excellent but there's just something a little uncomfortable about the shape/action. Ah well, I'm used to it and happy enough now, though I agree the other guy/gal should certainly get in touch with Nektar's attentive support team if performance is important to them.

arqui

31 Jan 2015

Hello, I went to the store and tried those Nektar in exposure, and all have that problem. well actually it's a problem for me, I will have to get used to this new toy.
talking about this keyboard, what I say is that it's incredible, integration with reason is amazing, like a hardware created by Reason.
greetings and thanks for the replies.
my greatest respect to you.

Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information