Sonar Platinum

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2015

Well I didn't upgrade to Reason 8 but I have jumped on the new Sonar bandwagon.
Though the Cakewalk forum has tales of woe regarding problems with the new method of delivery and installation I have to say it was a piece of cake. I now have AD2 with three kits, 3 midi packs and 3 extra kit pieces and a fairly steep learning curve for the changes to the core program.
Propellerhead are going to have to do something pretty smart to get back the love lost by me due to the Reason 8 "upgrade".

Grum.

rvman

27 Jan 2015

I actually like the new monthly payment method. From what I understand, and I may be wrong, after 12 months the program is yours to use if you no longer wish to keep paying monthly.

I think this is a great way to start using a program without having to shell out big money up front.

If I get a desktop computer built this year I may do this deal, if only for some instruments and plugs.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2015

rvman wrote:I actually like the new monthly payment method. From what I understand, and I may be wrong, after 12 months the program is yours to use if you no longer wish to keep paying monthly.

I think this is a great way to start using a program without having to shell out big money up front.

If I get a desktop computer built this year I may do this deal, if only for some instruments and plugs.
If you pay for 12 months it's yours forever but if you stop before the end of the contract it reverts to demo mode as you haven't paid for what you have.
I get the impression some people look down their nose at the thought of not buying the program in one lump but if you have to keep the missus happy then £12 is a lot easier than £120!
I've been watching some videos from NAMM and there are some very neat features - the paint tool is very clever (click on some midi in the browser and then "paint" it straight onto the track or swipe some midi in the piano roll and slap it where you want). The vocal align tool is clever as well but I don't think I'll need that too much. I'll have to see if it works with guitars!

Grum.

• Information