Tracktion 6 is coming

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
tumar

31 Dec 1969

Well, niche and a bit underrated DAW still lives:

Selected new featuresUnified, tagged search engineTrack taggingDiscreet automation tracksOne click rack side chainingLive audio recording waveform overviewRecord Punch modeElastique Pro time-stretching (world's best time stretch algorithm)Tape 'start/stop' fade handlesAutomation mapping on tempo changes'Super Comping' - Create a swipe comp across multiple tracks for super quick editingStep Clip enhancements including velocityTracktion is available for $59.99 as a digital downloadVersion 6 will be dropping shortly

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2015/01/ ... 6-preview/

tibah

27 Jan 2015

Very affordable indeed. I had Tracktion 2 and 3 in use and still have both licenses. There are many great things to say, like the routing possibilities and the modular approach for insert effects, but also a lot of weird things I never could get work-flow wise. Overall, I really wanted to like this DAW back when I got it, but in the long run it didn't work out that well.

Tracktion 6 does look good. Even more so because its back with the original developer and they happen to improve it. I never could figure out if they finally support multi-core CPU processing. MIDI is a big one for me, always felt weak in the older versions.

raymondh

27 Jan 2015

I used to use Tracktion as my main DAW after FL Studio and before Reason. I found it to be great to work in.

But with all the flexibility and options you have with VST instruments, I find I'm more productive with Reason and Rack Extensions.

That new track tagging feature looks great - that would be very handy with large projects.

dreampolice

27 Jan 2015

I made most of this album https://drunkpedestrians.bandcamp.com/a ... ve-aphasia years ago in Tracktion while I was still playing with the Reason 2 demo. I loved that thing, really forward thinking. Those guys pioneered the one windows interface. To bad mackie screwed it all up and put them years behind.

Theo.M

27 Jan 2015

dreampolice wrote:I made most of this album https://drunkpedestrians.bandcamp.com/a ... ve-aphasia years ago in Tracktion while I was still playing with the Reason 2 demo. I loved that thing, really forward thinking. Those guys pioneered the one windows interface. To bad mackie screwed it all up and put them years behind.
it's not years behind anymore.

dreampolice

27 Jan 2015

Yea it's catching up quick. But it still is missing a few key things. Heck I remember when they added sends and bussing to the program ha! I hope they continue to do cool stuff with it.

rvman

27 Jan 2015

Yep, I was a user as well until Mackie got it. I was so stoked when that happened because I thought Mackie would be great with it.

I was blown away by Tracktion when it came out. Now, I've moved way past it.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

dreampolice

27 Jan 2015

Not sure if you guys remember but I ran that free sampler pack exchange site for tracktion I think it was called tracktionsamplerpacks.com or something like that or maybe it was under artistic studios, idk. I learned a bunch about sampling on that crappy little included sampler ha!

• Information