Nektar Panorama P6

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
James Bermingham

21 Jan 2015

My P6 arrived from Thomann yesterday and suffice it to say I'm very happy.

Integration is so smooth. 

I'm running Reason 7.1 but my Firmware is for Reason 8 so just a few things out of sync.

And to think I was gonna shed out a lot of cash on a branded Workstation last year....

Reason and Panorama saved me a stash.

Spryx

21 Jan 2015

Congrats! You will love it!

It really brings a whole new workflow to Reason
latest:

Lizard

21 Jan 2015

You WILL love it James!  I have never had a controller so integrated with Reason and nice to see that about every 4 months there is an update which further supports Re and more features.  The insert instrument command is great!

EnochLight

21 Jan 2015

Truth. The best hardware controller for Reason under the sun, hands down. I've had mine since release and still love it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

21 Jan 2015

Congratulations mate - they look like the best controllers for reason by a long shot. I have been wanting to get a P1 for a while (as I already have a keyboard), but have been waiting until NAMM to see if they release a new version. The one thing I don't like about the Panorama range is the shiny black casing, which looks like it would get covered in fingerprints very quickly. Alas, if no new models are forthcoming I will probably pick one up next month.
My Words are my ART

James Bermingham

22 Jan 2015

Thanks guys. So proud to have joined those of you who made the purchase.

Just adapting to the learning curve now and getting to understand the Macros and editing them to make my own.
Very inspiring I must say. My ultimate aim is to totally be able to operate and produce music on the fly with minimal need for mouse, Monitor amd qwerty keyboard. Although I will still probably do post production as I always have done, with the absolute precision of the mouse and qwerty tools for adding compressors and Inserts and combining instruments etc.

From a performance point of view though, its getting an early 10 out of 10 from me. Highly recommend to anyone.

I also love the way each time you start up the P6 , the motorized fader does a crazy fast up & down motion during initialization.  :)

Eagleizer

24 Jan 2015

James Bermingham wrote:
I also love the way each time you start up the P6 , the motorized fader does a crazy fast up & down motion during initialization.  :)
That have actually scared the shit out of me a couple of times when I have 
started Reason and walked away from my computer. LOL 

Congrats with your purchase! I bought my P6 2 months ago and was surprised how 
good it actually is. A lot of reviews on amazon implied that the black keys were to 
hard to press, so I was a bit skeptical, but went ahead and bought it anyway. For
me, the keys feels great and not at all to hard to press. Only thing is the pads that
feels a bit hard to press, but I don`t use them (yet), so maybe there is some
adjustment that can be done to increase the sensitivity?  Very happy with it :)

Cheers :)

At Vero Eos

24 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Truth. The best hardware controller for Reason under the sun, hands down. I've had mine since release and still love it.
Definitely it is  :) Also own a P6 and it really improved my way of working with Reason.

James Bermingham

06 Feb 2015

So I'm running Reason 7.1 from my desktop with the fantastic Nektar Panorama p6 as the controller. Very happy indeed.

But yesterday, I booted up my Demo version of Reason 8 on the laptop and connected the P6 to it. I have to say I'm very impressed with the even tighter and smoother integration in 8.0. The instrument select option especially. One of the reasons I haven't upgraded yet was due to the open browser feature which was changed in 8.0. But with using the P6, my need for the old open browser feature has greatly diminished.

I have been very happy with my Reason 7.1 and creating a master template for the P6.

But in all honesty, I think I've stumbled across a reason to upgrade now to 8.1

May just hang on a bit.... :)

• Information