Painless Nektar P1 / Reason 8 Update?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
freeQlow

19 Jan 2015

Anybody using P1?

Can anybody link me to update instructions?

Any tips on this update? Yes update tips....

Eagleizer

22 Jan 2015

Click on "My Products" at the bottom of this page: 

http://www.nektartech.com/Support 

P.S. You need to have your P1 registered and log in, to access the downloads.

Cheers :)

Eagleizer

22 Jan 2015

If you can`t log in, here are the instructions: 

2) Updating Firmware
After running the Panorama Integrated Installer, you have all the components you need in order to update the firmware in your unit. It's important to complete every step so please follow the instructions below carefully. 
  1. Locate the Nektar update app (nkupdate) now installed on your computer* and run it. The nkupdate GUI should look like Image 2.  
  2. Connect Panorama to your computer and set the power switch to off.
  3. Hold down the [Toggle/View] and [Mixer] buttons on Panorama and turn its power switch to On (P1 does not have a power switch so plug the USB cable in while pressing the two buttons). The Panorama display should now be white.
  4. The firmware update app nkupdate should now look like Image 1 showing "Device Attached". 
  5. Press the Load button in nkupdate. You should see the latest firmware version in the default location.** 
  6. Select the firmware and click Open. The updater window will report "File Loaded".
  7. Click the Program to begin the update process. Once complete, you should get the message "Programming success".
  8. Click the "Reset Device" button and close the firmware updater app.
  9. Set Panorama's power button to off. P1 does not need to be switched off so jump to Step 10.
  10. Reset Panorama to it's default settings as follows:
    On  P4 & P6 you do that by holding down the Patch-/+ buttons while powering on the unit. 
    On P1 you press the [Cycle]+[Record] buttons. You then have 2 seconds to press the [Patch-] and [Patch+] buttons. 
    Keep holding the patch buttons until you see the fader disply on Panorama. NOTE: this will erase all user memory and settings. If you want to keep your user memory banks, please do a backup and restore after resetting.
  11. Restart your computer
The Panorama display will return to the Internal mode home page with firmware updated to the latest version.

Panorama is now set up for your computer. At the bottom of this page you find links to the Reason and Cubase/Nuendo setup and installation instructions. 

* Nkupdate can be found in the following locations: 
Windows Vista, 7, 8: Start Menu\All Programs\Nektar\Px\Firmware Update (path: C:\Program Files\Nektar\Px\apps\nkupdate) 
Mac OS X: \\Applications\nkupdate 

**The firmware can also be located in the following directories: 

Windows: C:\Program Files\Nektar\Px\fw
Mac OS X (system): //Library/Application Support/Nektar/fw 

Firmware update video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9AgGuV ... e=youtu.be

Hope this helps. 

Cheers :)

freeQlow

23 Jan 2015

Thank you so much.

Eagleizer

24 Jan 2015

You`re welcome :) I just listened to your track on Soundcloud.
Great work man! Really professional sounding ;)   :s0230:  

Tre Trelos

28 Jan 2015

freeQlow wrote:Thank you so much.
Great track !!  Better than I could do.

Is that a bit of clipping at :23 seconds?

freeQlow

07 Feb 2015

Hey thanks friends.

Just recently got back into Reason. Stepped away from 4 right as 5 rolled out. Recently seen all the huge updates and I'm falling back in love with it. Mainly arranging and for midi right now. Still experimenting with racks and combinatorial (so many available) but creating some of my own.

Most of my work is put through the mixing and a little pre mastering in Ableton with Various VST and some waves.

I'm really interested in seeing what is capable in reason alone, these racks look and sound great so far.

• Information