2015 Wish List - Studio Toys

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

So what's on everyone's wishlist for gear in 2015? Specifically NOT related to Reason developments, but hardware, instruments or other software.

I'm going to get myself the Eleven Rack from Avid

Image  Also on my wishlist is the Ravish Sitar pedal:

Also waiting to see if Nektar announce a new Panorama model at the forthcoming NAMM.

My Words are my ART

polardozer

17 Jan 2015

I want FL Studio for synths, 
A Scarlett 2i2, 
A desk so I can make music easier=P, 
Full Reason, 
Parsec(?), 
And That's pretty much it!

If anyone has any tips, like FL Synths are better than Parsec, please tell me, because I want to know=P

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

While this thread isn't about Reason (there will be plenty of those threads in future), I think Parsec is a very cool synth. Give it a trial, and see if it works for the music you're making. '

Actually I'm also going to get a scarlett 18i20 this year also, and retire the few 'toy' interfaces I use (the piece of shit Balance and my Lexicon)
My Words are my ART

ksailer

17 Jan 2015

My money went into an AxeFX2 a long time ago, so for me no Eleven rack... heard it's nice though.

I have an eye on one of the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboards, but still not sure where to put it in my small space that has too many keyboards already.
:reason: :record: :ignition: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :refillpacker:

Olivier

17 Jan 2015

Strip my current studio room, build a new desk, put up acoustic treatment and then most likeley a pair of these:

Adam A7X.
Just listened to them the other day compared to Adam A8x, Yamaha HS7 and HS8 and Genelec 8040BPM.
I might end up with the Genelec's... but for their price the Adam A7x's are awesome. So incredibly precise, i've never heard anything like it.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

tt_lab

17 Jan 2015

But Im getting one of these for april...
Image...so I have to wait to 2016

Olivier

17 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote:But Im getting one of these for april... Image...so I have to wait to 2016
I don't know of any more amazing gamechangers than that.
Congrats !

djfm1983

17 Jan 2015

I want to buy some Owens Corning 703 4" thick panels to make some bass traps out of. As far as software goes I want to buy Massive, NI vintage compressors (just really want the dbx160 and LA-2A emulations) and buy a good reverb vst (not sure which one yet). I'm done mixing in reason so I gotta start buying vst's and just end up with REs I don't use anymore (until Reason implements RE delay compensation).
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote:But Im getting one of these for april... Image...so I have to wait to 2016
What is that, some kind of fancy midi controller?

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

That device is known as a 'Creativity Crusher'.
My Words are my ART

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:That device is known as a 'Creativity Crusher'.
Oh, so like some kind of distortion unit!

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

More like a wah wah pedal on infinite loop for five years
My Words are my ART

MirEko

17 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote:Image
Yup I got the emx2 but already bored of it's lame synth editing features (only one preset knob!?).

So I've sold it... but I love the workflow and jamming ability, and the sampler will be amazing with it's transient detection and chop mode. Not being limited to included sounds will be awesome too..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

tt_lab

17 Jan 2015

Thanx guys I'm really looking forward to the crying sound machine mindi controller tutorial muncher thingy!

tt_lab

17 Jan 2015

MirEko wrote:
tt_lab wrote:Image
Yup I got the emx2 but already bored of it's lame synth editing features (only one preset knob!?).

So I've sold it... but I love the workflow and jamming ability, and the sampler will be amazing with it's transient detection and chop mode. Not being limited to included sounds will be awesome too..

That was what I thought...waiting for your march review then!

tt_lab

17 Jan 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:That device is known as a 'Creativity Crusher'.
I don't think(but maybe I am wrong) that anything can crush my creativity lol

Carnstein

18 Jan 2015

I'm hoping to rustle up the funds for an Focusrite ISA 430 to improve on vocal recordings. Otherwise I'm pretty content with the hardware I've built up so far (or at least I am tricking myself into thinking that for the sake of my wallet).
Hello!

Emian

18 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote:Image Image But Im getting one of these for april... Image...so I have to wait to 2016

Hey dude, thats awesome, congratz  ! i got 2 of those myself :D
its really awesome, hardly any time for reason anymore, & when you do have time they decide to help you on the midi-keyboard :D
Anyway, enjoy it  ! boy or girl?

back on toppick : i'd like to buy a panorama P4 or at least a P1 this year :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

tt_lab

18 Jan 2015

Emian wrote:Hey dude, thats awesome, congratz  ! i got 2 of those myself :D
its really awesome, hardly any time for reason anymore, & when you do have time they decide to help you on the midi-keyboard :D
Anyway, enjoy it  ! boy or girl?

back on toppick : i'd like to buy a panorama P4 or at least a P1 this year :)
Thanx mate, it'll be a girl...
P6 was the best purchase from 2014 for me... Alongside novation BSII...go for the panorama

Emian

18 Jan 2015

yea i will go for it. i just dont know if i'll have place for a P4 by this summer (all that baby stuff takes a lot of place lol, my youngest (also a girl) is only just  a year, so still a dipertable & all that are in the house;, & i still don't mind drawing my notes with a mouse, it's not that i do keyboard solos in my music, but i do a lot of automations, so yeah, those rotaries will come in handy :)

enjoy the girl, & let me warn you, thos little girls put a spell on you from day one ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

BonsaiMacKay

18 Jan 2015

I am getting two Moog Minifoogers: Ring and Drive

Smedberg

18 Jan 2015

eauhm wrote:Strip my current studio room, build a new desk, put up acoustic treatment and then most likeley a pair of these:

Adam A7X.
Just listened to them the other day compared to Adam A8x, Yamaha HS7 and HS8 and Genelec 8040BPM.
I might end up with the Genelec's... but for their price the Adam A7x's are awesome. So incredibly precise, i've never heard anything like it.
You should take into consideration that Adam Audio have filed for bankruptcy...

Olivier

18 Jan 2015

eauhm wrote:Strip my current studio room, build a new desk, put up acoustic treatment and then most likeley a pair of these:

Adam A7X.
Smedberg wrote: You should take into consideration that Adam Audio have filed for bankruptcy...
Thanks for that info. I'll ask my supplier about this.
From some quick searches i get the impression that they are trying to restructure the company. It looks like they got into trouble when they we're selling faster then they could deliver. Its weird because i've spoken to one of the major european resellers for Adam just a few days ago, he didn't mention anything about it. They're also at Namm. Would be a bit weird to do that just to get rid of your inventory when you're going out of business... I'm cautiously optimistic :P

Ixus

18 Jan 2015

I really want a Telecaster... So I'll probably end up with one ;)

FATCheese

18 Jan 2015

It takes forever to save up for this baby:

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

• Information