Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
NekujaK
Posts: 387
Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Location: USA

Post 15 Dec 2017

ilikestargazing wrote:
14 Dec 2017
NekujaK wrote:
08 Dec 2017
And actual reality... :)

NekujaK2.jpg
Looks great! What kind of sound/bass traps are those all over the place? I've just started building a new room and going to get a bunch of sound traps made next month. Would love to hear about yours, and they look cool :cool:
All the sound treatment on the walls and ceiling is Auralex. The flat panels are great at damping reflections and deadening the room, but the bass traps are only just okay. However, my room is a textbook standing wave nightmare of a small square, so it would take some heavy-duty bass treatments to eliminate standing waves in my environment, and I don't have the space nor money for that. The Auralex bass traps do help, but they don't completely eliminate the problem. I used to use room correction software to compensate, but now I'm just so familiar with the sound of the room, that I know how to compensate in my head.

Good luck with your space and be sure to post a pic when you're up and running!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7379
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 16 Dec 2017

Ixus wrote:
AttenuationHz wrote:
14 Dec 2017
Ikea hack?
No hax here! :D The desk is called "Yesk" by Zaor.
Now I just need some more rack gear....
Almost got the Yesk, but opted for the Output Platform in the end. They were similar in many ways including cost, but I went with more rack space, a little bigger surface area in some places, and a little more ‘heavy-duty’ construction in the end. Was a toss up though, both look like great products!


Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
ilikestargazing
Posts: 72
Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Location: Copenhagen

Post 16 Dec 2017

NekujaK wrote:
15 Dec 2017
ilikestargazing wrote:
14 Dec 2017


Looks great! What kind of sound/bass traps are those all over the place? I've just started building a new room and going to get a bunch of sound traps made next month. Would love to hear about yours, and they look cool :cool:
All the sound treatment on the walls and ceiling is Auralex. The flat panels are great at damping reflections and deadening the room, but the bass traps are only just okay. However, my room is a textbook standing wave nightmare of a small square, so it would take some heavy-duty bass treatments to eliminate standing waves in my environment, and I don't have the space nor money for that. The Auralex bass traps do help, but they don't completely eliminate the problem. I used to use room correction software to compensate, but now I'm just so familiar with the sound of the room, that I know how to compensate in my head.

Good luck with your space and be sure to post a pic when you're up and running!
Sweet thanks
for the tip! This room is a standing wave nightmare as well, about 11,2sqm /120sqf, rectangular with the sound system in the middle at the long end. Two sound engineering friends have been really helpful providing advice so far but as I've never really looked into sound dampening before it's nice to get some more first hand experience. Put down a wall to wall carpet and there's a nice big couch which takes up some, but currently even cracking a knuckle gives a good 1 sec long echo :lol:

User avatar
Ixus
Posts: 219
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 16 Dec 2017

selig wrote:
16 Dec 2017
Ixus wrote:
No hax here! :D The desk is called "Yesk" by Zaor.
Now I just need some more rack gear....
Almost got the Yesk, but opted for the Output Platform in the end. They were similar in many ways including cost, but I went with more rack space, a little bigger surface area in some places, and a little more ‘heavy-duty’ construction in the end. Was a toss up though, both look like great products!


Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
That desk is very clean and nice! I havent heard of them before, I wouldn't mind seeing a pic when you got all the gear hooked up :puf_wink:

User avatar
ilikestargazing
Posts: 72
Joined: 22 Jun 2016
Location: Copenhagen

Post 16 Dec 2017

Image

This is what I've been setting up since late October 2017. Next month will hopefully be getting around to more sound proofing, some plants and perhaps even some more pillows. :)

User avatar
splangie
Posts: 161
Joined: 21 Dec 2017
Location: Park County, Colorado

Post 03 Jan 2018

20171227_105800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reason 12.7.1xx73391 beta

User avatar
wendylou
Posts: 174
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 05 Feb 2018

Studio-1200.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
O1B
Posts: 1215
Joined: 26 Jan 2015

Post 27 Mar 2018

Get that JP-08 yet?
demt wrote:
03 Sep 2017
Image

this shows all the gear ive got
Antic604 "Well, he's been doing it - mentioning Eurorack hardware - in majority of his posts, so I'm not surprised anymore :? Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:19 pm

Plepoutre
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 Apr 2018

Post 09 Apr 2018

Hey everyone

Here is my "reason machine"

I just upgraded my old reason 5 studio to some new hardware including nektar lx61 (cheap but good integration)

and as it should be a mobile setup, everything is enclosed in a wooden box including my PC, screen, etc

So I kept my old core 2 duo motherboard but reason 10 is still OK. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matt van K
Posts: 44
Joined: 17 May 2018

Post 17 May 2018

Say hello to all!

Reason, last version. Kurzweil KS40. Curetronic Modular(not in use so far)
Image

Matt van K
Posts: 44
Joined: 17 May 2018

Post 20 May 2018

editImage

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk


User avatar
bama
Posts: 15
Joined: 29 May 2015

Post 29 May 2018

Okay,
you people have so much light going on in your spaces, it's time for something else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Troublemecca
Posts: 93
Joined: 04 Jun 2018

Post 19 Jun 2018

Any suggestions for my acoustics (haha) setup? Sitting at the computer, the door to this closet is behind me lol sub under the desk, noisy computer is the red light bottom left.
Image

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk


jimmyklane
Posts: 737
Joined: 16 Apr 2018

Post 05 Jul 2018

https://flic.kr/p/6arFXj
Video is a little old, but the desk, console and room are the same....I’ve just got more gray hairs!
DAW: Reason 10,

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

User avatar
sublunar
Posts: 387
Joined: 27 Apr 2017

Post 14 Jul 2018

Here's mine. Still in version 1.0 since moving here. Haven't noticed any real sound issues in the space yet so I haven't got around to putting up any acoustic treatment. Pretty much just painted the walls so everything wasn't white.

To the rear/left of this shot, the other half of this room, is currently my guitars/amps/effects. I've got a moderately sized closet in here which I'm planning on converting to a vocal booth eventually and outside this room is a living room where my drum set resides. If I ever get serious about spending some money on this space, the area is well suited to having this become a separate control room and just outside of it, the livingroom could be easily converted to the main studio with plenty of room for amps/drums/etc all segregated out there. TBH the arrangement of this basement studio space was the main selling point when I bought this place because it's basically a perfect layout for a home studio. Very happy with it.

Image

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 330
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 14 Jul 2018

Studio Prius:
20180714_093622.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
audiojoe07
Posts: 3
Joined: 29 Jul 2018

Post 29 Jul 2018

Great studios! Love seeing studio pics and what gear everyone is using. If you guys want to see more music studios I'd recommend checking out AudioGearz's studio of the week. https://audiogearz.com/studio-of-the-week

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1848
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 29 Jul 2018

BRIGGS wrote:
14 Jul 2018
Studio Prius:

20180714_093622.jpg
Quality.
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1848
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 29 Jul 2018

audiojoe07 wrote:
29 Jul 2018
Great studios! Love seeing studio pics and what gear everyone is using. If you guys want to see more music studios I'd recommend checking out AudioGearz's studio of the week. https://audiogearz.com/studio-of-the-week
I'd be interested to hear what kind of music is coming out of the fancy studios :)
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 330
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
29 Jul 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
14 Jul 2018
Studio Prius:

20180714_093622.jpg
Quality.
Making do.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 30 Jul 2018

aeox wrote:
29 Jul 2018
BRIGGS wrote:
14 Jul 2018
Studio Prius:

20180714_093622.jpg
Quality.
... and not quite cheap to build one of those mobile studios, as well. Still the ergonomics could be improved a little, I think. ;) :twisted:
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 330
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 Jul 2018

jam-s wrote:
30 Jul 2018
aeox wrote:
29 Jul 2018


Quality.
... and not quite cheap to build one of those mobile studios, as well. Still the ergonomics could be improved a little, I think. ;) :twisted:
just need a lap cooler. reason runs hot.

User avatar
jappe
Posts: 2015
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 21 Aug 2018

Bed Studio



User avatar
Pinkbox
Posts: 170
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 23 Aug 2018

Image
Too many buttons!

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2246
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 23 Aug 2018

Room Full (Large).JPG


PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests