Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 05 Oct 2016

I love all of this gear porn. :)

I guess I will take a picture of my dust-gathering setup.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 05 Oct 2016

dhruan wrote:Current setup, still very much WIP... Got the Gennys (8330A) and the stands last week, already in love. ;) I used to have a pair of 1029 and 8030 for a number of years, these are a cut above them and then some due to more power and the GLM DSP correction.

Also featured is our animal companion, Adele. She is a corgi/german shepherd mix, a rescue we got about a year ago. She is a total darling, hardly ever barks too.

Image
Corgi and German Shepherd mommy and daddy ... that must have required some gymnastics.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

User avatar
Rickyd Dee
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Location: Cali

Post 28 Oct 2016

Aasmund1986 wrote:Image

Image

My booth. One of my biggest fan, to the left :)
Hey Aamund, I thought I was the one left using the Boss BR-1180. :o I got so great custom patches that i still use. :cool:
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

HepCat

Post 28 Oct 2016

Gaja wrote:Here are some pics of my studio. Well it's not all mine, but 28% of it :D
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Sorry my photography skills are horrible...

Wow. You guys all ... especially you ... must work for the Vatican.

Edit: oh you only own 28% of it. Change the contract to 28% by volume ;)

HepCat

Post 28 Oct 2016

selig wrote:Here's my setup in NYC for the summer, simple but powerful - and the view is not too shabby!
Image
Oh man l'd love to teleport back to the mid-90s and throw a demo of Reef's "I'll blow you away" song on Sony minidisc from out of that window just in time for a hipster skateboarder to pass over it and stop and listen to it on his own portable minidisc player!

User avatar
Noplan
Posts: 564
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Cologne, Germany

Post 01 Nov 2016

S2.jpg
S3.jpg
S1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
JNeffLind
Posts: 977
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: So. Illinois, USA

Post 01 Nov 2016

jappe wrote:Every once in a while, a musician needs to divert from the main path and make a journey to cleanse the mind and seek the inner musician.
So, today my studio is at the sea, travelling to beautiful Poland for inspiration, meditation and music creation.

Image
THis is exactly the set up I did my first Reason album on. Great minds think alike.

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 1939
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 01 Nov 2016

Mine's pretty simple at the moment. It's all in the box. But, I've got the Volca Beats, Sample, Keys, FM and Bass waiting to go into racks (when they arrive). And then things will look a whole lot cooler. Or maybe messier. I dunno.

The desk is a sit/stand too! You hit a button and it rises up like something out of a James Bond movie. Super cool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12 GB DDR | 2GB GeForce 740m | Komplete Audio 6

User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 03 Nov 2016

chimp_spanner wrote:Mine's pretty simple at the moment. It's all in the box. But, I've got the Volca Beats, Sample, Keys, FM and Bass waiting to go into racks (when they arrive). And then things will look a whole lot cooler. Or maybe messier. I dunno.

The desk is a sit/stand too! You hit a button and it rises up like something out of a James Bond movie. Super cool.
Looks very clean and orderly. But you must have very long arms. And you must exert an extraordinary amount of gravity ... :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 03 Nov 2016

Noplan wrote:S2.jpg
S3.jpg
S1.jpg
Lots of leather. Comfy! :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

User avatar
chimp_spanner
Posts: 1939
Joined: 06 Mar 2015

Post 03 Nov 2016

jonheal wrote:
chimp_spanner wrote:Mine's pretty simple at the moment. It's all in the box. But, I've got the Volca Beats, Sample, Keys, FM and Bass waiting to go into racks (when they arrive). And then things will look a whole lot cooler. Or maybe messier. I dunno.

The desk is a sit/stand too! You hit a button and it rises up like something out of a James Bond movie. Super cool.
Looks very clean and orderly. But you must have very long arms. And you must exert an extraordinary amount of gravity ... :puf_smile:
Haha! I've since moved things in a bit closer, but being a standing desk I tend to just walk over to the thing I need to work :) Keeps me a bit more active than just being glued to my chair. My horrible, horrible chair.
Enjoy!

http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12 GB DDR | 2GB GeForce 740m | Komplete Audio 6

User avatar
Noplan
Posts: 564
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Cologne, Germany

Post 04 Nov 2016

jonheal wrote:
Noplan wrote:S2.jpg
S3.jpg
S1.jpg
Lots of leather. Comfy! :puf_smile:
I sleep there very often. :D

oyvindur
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Nov 2016
Location: Oslo, Norway

Post 20 Nov 2016

Hi! This is my first post on ReasonTalk, so I thought a picture of my tiny home studio would be a good start. It was upgraded this fall with acoustic treatment, new monitors, and home made shelves. I've been using Reason for about 15 years, pretty much since it first came out.
4 ferdig 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jonheal
Posts: 1213
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Location: Springfield, VA, USA

Post 20 Nov 2016

oyvindur wrote:Hi! This is my first post on ReasonTalk, so I thought a picture of my tiny home studio would be a good start. It was upgraded this fall with acoustic treatment, new monitors, and home made shelves. I've been using Reason for about 15 years, pretty much since it first came out.

4 ferdig 1.jpg
Nice looking. Add a few more pics from other angles. :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

oyvindur
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Nov 2016
Location: Oslo, Norway

Post 20 Nov 2016

jonheal wrote:
oyvindur wrote:Hi! This is my first post on ReasonTalk, so I thought a picture of my tiny home studio would be a good start. It was upgraded this fall with acoustic treatment, new monitors, and home made shelves. I've been using Reason for about 15 years, pretty much since it first came out.

4 ferdig 1.jpg
Nice looking. Add a few more pics from other angles. :puf_smile:
Here you go :)

[Edit: Replace images]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Ocean of Waves
Posts: 227
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 05 Jan 2017

In here

Image

User avatar
fieldframe
Posts: 600
Joined: 19 Apr 2016

Post 10 Mar 2017

The XV-5080 is there for decoration.

Image
Professional Rack Extension user interface design
Pongasoft CVA-7 | ReSpire layout concept

Welcome to TEST FIXTURE

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1167
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 15 Mar 2017

Heart of my studio. Had to do a heart transplant of the hard drive. Thank goodness for Time Machine backups. Got a Seagate 2 TB semi solid state from OWC (I did clean the fans)
https://allihoopa.com/s/Q9RYL03J
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
normen
Posts: 3429
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 15 Mar 2017

jfrichards wrote:Heart of my studio. Had to do a heart transplant of the hard drive. Thank goodness for Time Machine backups. Got a Seagate 2 TB semi solid state from OWC (I did clean the fans)
https://allihoopa.com/s/Q9RYL03J
Was that an iMac where the screen is glued to the case? If it was, how hard was it to remove the screen? Thinking about upgrading my studio iMac to SSD but I do have one where the screen is glued..

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 7379
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 15 Mar 2017

jfrichards wrote:Heart of my studio. Had to do a heart transplant of the hard drive. Thank goodness for Time Machine backups. Got a Seagate 2 TB semi solid state from OWC (I did clean the fans)
https://allihoopa.com/s/Q9RYL03J
That image of the open iMac would make a great screen saver for my iMac if scaled to make it look like the screen was removed!
;)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1167
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 15 Mar 2017

normen wrote:...Was that an iMac where the screen is glued to the case? ...
Nope, it''s from late 2009. The thicker iMacs have glass held on with magnets, easy to get off.

User avatar
jfrichards
Posts: 1167
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: New York

Post 15 Mar 2017

selig wrote:...That image of the open iMac would make a great screen saver for my iMac...
Here's a start:
Image

User avatar
MusicianX
Posts: 54
Joined: 15 Jul 2016

Post 12 Apr 2017

offaxisdaddy wrote:Image 

My current escape from the real world... :)


Nice setup! Whats the name of the mixer to the left side of your desk?

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1848
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 23 Apr 2017

JNeffLind wrote:
jappe wrote:Every once in a while, a musician needs to divert from the main path and make a journey to cleanse the mind and seek the inner musician.
So, today my studio is at the sea, travelling to beautiful Poland for inspiration, meditation and music creation.

Image
THis is exactly the set up I did my first Reason album on. Great minds think alike.
:thumbs_up:
whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

User avatar
normen
Posts: 3429
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 23 Apr 2017

Finally found some time to start setting up the studio in my new/old house. First picture is the iMac mostly running Logic with an UAD Apollo as my "mixing desk" and second is the Reason PC running with a Line6 UX-8 as the "synth rig".

Image
Image

Hoping on finalizing the recording room these weeks. The 24-channel multicore to the control room above and connection box are already in place.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests