Iso Acoustics 200 studio monitor stands

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
miyaru

10 Sep 2021

I bought these Wednesday, and installed them today. I use the lower legs with the the lowest angle pieces to align the tweeters to my ears. I use to use Auralex foam under my monitors, but the Iso Acoustics do their job a lot better. ( Happy about that, as these are serious expensive!)

There is much less to no pass thru of low frequencies, resulting in less blurry and tighter low end. Also the MF and HF are more focused

These are suited for larger and heavier monitors. I have Presonus Eris E8 monitors, and it almost looks like I upgraded the monitors too, the sound is much better now!!!

I bought them at the Bax shop in Goes/ The Netherlands at a price of € 159,=. I must say it well worth it if you haven't got decent stands yet.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

Billy+

10 Sep 2021

It's definitely worth getting speakers setup right I always add too much bass volume (but that's the way I like it) however just because my speakers are fine in either position portrait or landscape I decided to give them a try in a landscape position and was very surprised that simply repositioning my speakers allowed me to hear an increase in bass that actually made me set lower volume in that range.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

10 Sep 2021

Got these too for the Mackie HR824's and yep they really do help no end. Also have IK ARC3 on the outputs to 'rebalance' the room accordingly, which thre's mostly just a couple of room nodes, will recalibrate again when we've rechecked our speaker main output levels are exactly (or as close as damnit) the same (one speaker is marginally louder, and getting round the back to the HR's trimpot can always be a bit fiddly)

But yeah we're using those at the full height, very damn good for the price

Billy+

10 Sep 2021

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
10 Sep 2021
Got these too for the Mackie HR824's and yep they really do help no end. Also have IK ARC3 on the outputs to 'rebalance' the room accordingly, which thre's mostly just a couple of room nodes, will recalibrate again when we've rechecked our speaker main output levels are exactly (or as close as damnit) the same (one speaker is marginally louder, and getting round the back to the HR's trimpot can always be a bit fiddly)

But yeah we're using those at the full height, very damn good for the price
I was considering arc3 and was looking for someone using it in Reason!

Would you recommend it?

miyaru

10 Sep 2021

I never tried arc3, but use Sonarworks Reference studio4 - I must say it helps in huge way. I bought the bundle with the calibrated mic included, and for the money it is a good set. They also have a very nice and helpfull helpdesk!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,

Kalm

10 Sep 2021

Considering these to get my second pair of monitors to ear height.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

guitfnky

10 Sep 2021

these things make way more of a difference than you might think. at least they did for me. it was like night and day moving from auralex foam to these isoacoustics pads. clarity and definition improved significantly.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

12 Sep 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Sep 2021

I was considering arc3 and was looking for someone using it in Reason!

Would you recommend it?
Yes. As well as room acoustic treatment [bass traps, sound diffusors or simple book shelving helps, Aurelex style foam panels on the walls and ceiling clouds help no end], we found ARC 3 to be the final aid. Doing 21 positions for the calibration per speaker (so 8 sweeps per channel per position = 336 sweeps in all) can be quite reealing to what your monitoring room is doing. We setup a Master Insert with ARC 3 so we could bypass it if using headphones, but we also tried with headphones on and then bypassing to hear what differences there are overall. Pretty simple setup (all steps are walkthoughed so you get everything done correctly), plus you can tweak the results if you really wanted to (but we just leave the plugin to do it's work).

Of course you can always create another calibration template if you have your monitors raised or angled differently, just to make sure you get the best you possibly can. We're going to do another one with the monitor door open, as well as closed to see what difference we get. All you have to remember is when you export the final project you need to turn off ARC else the room correction would get printed in the stems / export (which won't play back properly anywhere apart from your studio room).

We had ARC2 off of someone on ebay (with the mic) so scored well there, then did the upgrade to 3 (which we got for free, so win win for us!)

You can do system wide config if you wanted, but you have to do some extra steps to route playback software through ARC3 before final output (if you want to get all audiophile on movies for example)

ARC replaces how we would have used RoomEQ Wizard (REW) which is free but you need a RadioShack Soundmeter (which we also have) and then do some caibration too, but the final result needs applying via various EQ units (Feedback Destroyer, some other units we can't remember but similar), to then stick an EQ post your soundcard outputs and pre your monitors (so a true system wide correction tool).

We would say try RoomEQ Wizard first to get a feel of what your room is actually doing, then treat your room first (always helps), unless you are already as the room treatment stage then yeah go for it. Get it now while the group buy is on and you'll get a f*ckload of plugins from the IK range for some decent buck that's for sure

Jagwah

14 Sep 2021

Labone recommended them to me if i remember correctly. Now my rokits sit at ear height and it's perfect.
They are nicely adjustable, good investment just make sure to measure your speakers to make sure they will fit.

miyaru

15 Sep 2021

Jagwah wrote:
14 Sep 2021
Labone recommended them to me if i remember correctly. Now my rokits sit at ear height and it's perfect.
They are nicely adjustable, good investment just make sure to measure your speakers to make sure they will fit.
They come indeed in different sizes and maximum loads in weight, my Eris E8 Presonus Monitors fit perfectly on the 200's in terms of size, and load is safe to - they go up to 27 kg's.....
Greetings from Miyaru.

• Information