SLMKiii and REASON 11

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
KIKBAK1

15 Aug 2020

Upgraded to the SLMKiii, and I'm trying to use the pads to trigger redrum kong etc. Its kinda strange, it triggers 8 of the 10 redrum channels, but there's no midi going into the sequencer. So if someone out there is using an SLMKiii with reason and has any info on this, Im all ears.thx
KIKBAK1.com

selig
RE Developer

15 Aug 2020

KIKBAK1 wrote:
15 Aug 2020
Upgraded to the SLMKiii, and I'm trying to use the pads to trigger redrum kong etc. Its kinda strange, it triggers 8 of the 10 redrum channels, but there's no midi going into the sequencer. So if someone out there is using an SLMKiii with reason and has any info on this, Im all ears.thx
Just checked and it's working here. I select an instrument assigned to USB/MIDI (so it is received by Reason), hit the "GRID" button, and all 10 sounds play and record just as you would expect. Otherwise it is setup exactly how my last controller was setup, as "Master Keyboard" in Reason. Happy to help further if I can…
Selig Audio, LLC

KIKBAK1

15 Aug 2020

selig wrote:
15 Aug 2020

Just checked and it's working here. I select an instrument assigned to USB/MIDI (so it is received by Reason), hit the "GRID" button, and all 10 sounds play and record just as you would expect. Otherwise it is setup exactly how my last controller was setup, as "Master Keyboard" in Reason. Happy to help further if I can…
The Grid button did the trick! Thanks,

Isn't it kind of weird that it doesn't do this automatically while in "In Control" mode for Reason?
KIKBAK1.com

selig
RE Developer

16 Aug 2020

KIKBAK1 wrote:
15 Aug 2020

The Grid button did the trick! Thanks,

Isn't it kind of weird that it doesn't do this automatically while in "In Control" mode for Reason?
They use the buttons differently for different things in that mode. For example, with Kong the buttons select the pad you are editing, which is pretty slick. Unfortunately that means you can't ALSO use them to play the sounds… :(
Selig Audio, LLC

KIKBAK1

16 Aug 2020

selig wrote:
16 Aug 2020
KIKBAK1 wrote:
15 Aug 2020
They use the buttons differently for different things in that mode. For example, with Kong the buttons select the pad you are editing, which is pretty slick. Unfortunately that means you can't ALSO use them to play the sounds… :(
Is there a way to edit the "In Control" template for reason?
KIKBAK1.com

• Information