New Akai MPK Mini Mk3 question

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Eekstreams

06 Aug 2020

Hey guys, before I pull the trigger on a Novation Impact 25 (or Akai MPK 225), since they Mk 3 version of the MPK mini was just released, I was wondering what the odds were on native plug-and-playability with Reason? I know this is something that has been a problem for the mini controllers in the past, has it been corrected in the new model? Sorry if its a silly question, thanks so much!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2020

The MPK Mk2 maps, and I do not think there are any new knobs on the Mk3, so a good guess is that it works the same.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Eekstreams

06 Aug 2020

Really? All the accounts I've heard say the mini mk2 is a pain to map to reason

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2020

Eekstreams wrote:
06 Aug 2020
They fixed it about a year ago. Maybe you saw old comments?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Skimrok

08 Aug 2020

Eekstreams wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Sorry m8 that is not the case in my experience , its so easy to map in reason , too many people out there talk do do and half the time they don't know what they are doing anyway so its pot luck with reviews
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Eekstreams

08 Aug 2020

Hmmm, thanks for letting me know... sorry I'm a novice when it comes to these types of things, would you say the mpk mini mk3 plug-and-playability with Reason would be comparable to the Nektar controllers, or would the Nektar controllers still be superior in this regard? Thanks so much.

Skimrok

09 Aug 2020

don't worry man we all novices at heart ;) to be fair I don't think anybody can answer the Mk3 question because its so new its going to take time, but one thing if the key feeling is what they saying they are that will over take the Nektar but you may prefer the bigger keys over small keys, its a personal choice , I like both sizes but my hands are not big , I have to say the write up on it seems good on the mk3, better pads better keys little display, now, I think you may have just cost me money because I'm tempted :lol: :puf_wink:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Eekstreams

09 Aug 2020

Skimrok wrote:
09 Aug 2020
don't worry man we all novices at heart ;) to be fair I don't think anybody can answer the Mk3 question because its so new its going to take time, but one thing if the key feeling is what they saying they are that will over take the Nektar but you may prefer the bigger keys over small keys, its a personal choice , I like both sizes but my hands are not big , I have to say the write up on it seems good on the mk3, better pads better keys little display, now, I think you may have just cost me money because I'm tempted :lol: :puf_wink:
Haha sorry to do that to you! I'm just now noticing that you have both the mini mk2 as well as the nektar lx+ 25! In your experience, which takes less work to have everything mapped in reason? That's all I honestly care about at this point. 😭

Skimrok

10 Aug 2020

Eekstreams wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Skimrok wrote:
09 Aug 2020
Haha sorry to do that to you! I'm just now noticing that you have both the mini mk2 as well as the nektar lx+ 25! In your experience, which takes less work to have everything mapped in reason? That's all I honestly care about at this point. 😭
he!he! no worries
Ok for easiness I say go for LX+ they guide you on the Nektar website what to do , they have a special script for Reason,

DaveyG

10 Aug 2020

I can't remember which Akai controller it was but I ended up uninstalling the "proper" stuff from reason and just configured it as a generic controller. The built-in thing was blocking some of the CC codes. I initially thought one of the knobs had broken. I've never had a good experience with controller support in any DAW. It's always a hassle and never quite does what I need.

Eekstreams

10 Aug 2020

Thanks so much for your help, guys! I ordered an Impact LX+ 25 today! :D :D :D

• Information