Best entry-level mixer/controller?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Wobbleburger

11 Oct 2018

Hey folks - I'm looking for a basic 8-fader mixer to control ... the mixer. I'd prefer to spend under 150$ . Basically something with knobs and faders to avoid clicking. I have a Novation Launchkey Mini for midi, but there are no faders :(
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

RobC

11 Oct 2018

I have Korg Nanokontrol. There's the 2, which is more advanced. About $ 50 if I recall correctly.

Wobbleburger

11 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
I have Korg Nanokontrol. There's the 2, which is more advanced. About $ 50 if I recall correctly.
Nice! That one looks nice and small... I dig that. Also looking at the Akai midi mix. TBH I'm not sure how much I need either one. Have you noticed that it's a lot more convenient and worth purchasing?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.

RobC

11 Oct 2018

Wobbleburger wrote:
11 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Nice! That one looks nice and small... I dig that. Also looking at the Akai midi mix. TBH I'm not sure how much I need either one. Have you noticed that it's a lot more convenient and worth purchasing?
Its price can't be beaten in the category, and it saves a lot of space. It's what I needed, so I got it. : )

Wobbleburger

11 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Wobbleburger wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Its price can't be beaten in the category, and it saves a lot of space. It's what I needed, so I got it. : )
well shit. I guess I have to buy it now! :) Appreciate the nudge towards this one.

RobC

11 Oct 2018

Wobbleburger wrote:
11 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018

well shit. I guess I have to buy it now! :) Appreciate the nudge towards this one.
I can't speak for the AKAI one, but should it not work out for you for some reason, you can return it to most shops. Just check their return policy. Though generally, I trust Korg.

Wobbleburger

17 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Wobbleburger wrote:
11 Oct 2018

I can't speak for the AKAI one, but should it not work out for you for some reason, you can return it to most shops. Just check their return policy. Though generally, I trust Korg.
Ended up with the nanokontrol 2 and I love it so far.

fullforce

18 Oct 2018

I ordered a Behringer X touch compact, should be arriving in a few days.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

RobC

18 Oct 2018

Wobbleburger wrote:
17 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018

Ended up with the nanokontrol 2 and I love it so far.
Glad to hear it!

• Information