Antelope Discrete 4 Interface - yes it rocks.

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Psuper

19 Feb 2018

Just wanted to update here in case anyone is considering a new audio interface, I didn't talk much about it because I honestly didn't know if I was going to return or keep it, and it took almost 3 months of back and forth.

I've been spending a ton of time with the Discrete 4, its been an up/down ride and I've been extremely vocal about Antelope getting it up to par. However we're at a point I can safely say this thing is incredible and well worth any early-adoption frustration - Antelope is far more upfront about what is and isn't there, they've been making steady updates where needed, and the unit is a beast.

I've been beta testing the thunderbolt drivers, and the performance is just insane - running 96k 64 samples 1ms in 2ms out not a single crackle slamming all kinds of devices at once singing my head off - Its as "real time" as it gets, and the mic pres, seriously holy $#%@ they sound good, the best I've ever heard bar none (I never listened to a kazllionbillion dollar interface, but I've listened to a bunch over the years for what its worth). I've also been testing their Verge mic with the model emulations (similar to Townsend sphere or slate vms) and while I don't have any way to A/B other emulated mics, it sounds easily as good as any small diaphragm mic I've used in the past, and the emulations all have their subtle (or not-so-subtle) sonic differences.

I'll definitely be picking up their Edge Mic and AFX2DAW upgrade so I can use the modeled FPGA FX direct in the DAW (similar to UAD plugs) which alone is worth far more than the price of the unit. I was disappointed their Auraverb is monitor only (meaning it only gets sent out the headphones) as its really a killer reverb, and while I can unconventionally route it I'm hoping it will be more useful as an effect similar to what they're doing with the FPGA stuff.

I was pretty harsh with Antelope, extremely vocal and unyielding -- I can be a tough yet fair customer, I expect my time and money's worth. They eventually got on the ball, and now this interface has totally won me over. I can't wait to get down to producing some stuff with it, has been an ongoing beta-test for a few months and I'm feeling creative again!

https://en.antelopeaudio.com/products/discrete-4/
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Psuper

11 Mar 2018

Now running 192k, 64 samples 0ms in, 1 ms out, as good as it gets rock solid. I'm literally beside myself this thing is amazing.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

motuscott

12 Mar 2018

Them's some good specs.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information