VCV Rack, an open-source virtual Eurorack

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

12 Jan 2018

FYI:
blamsoft.com/vcv-rack/xfx-reverb/

Looking for a more modern reverb? XFX Reverb is a high quality Feedback Delay Network reverberator in the VCV Rack format. The algorithm has rich feedback with smooth decay for a modern hall-like reverb character. Blamsoft brings their experience creating high quality plug-ins to VCV Rack. XFX Reverb will soon become your go-to reverb module.

The available parameters allow you to dial in a wide variety of reverb textures. XFX Reverb features separate low and mid decay times that can be tuned with a crossover. In addition to typical pre-delay and damping, it features modulation rate and amount for subtle adjustment of the character. The decay times go up to 32 seconds, great for ambient music.

XFX Reverb is based on the popular Zero Reverb plug-in with added modulation. These examples are first dry, and then processed with reverb.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

12 Jan 2018

Cheers for the heads up.

Image







Doesn't sound bad but there is a good few reverb modules that are freebies.
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5408
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

12 Jan 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jan 2018
FYI:
blamsoft.com/vcv-rack/xfx-reverb
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Cheers for the heads up.
Hey guys, there's a few VCV Rack topics going. One that is general discussion (this one) and the other thread about setup with Reason (which I have moved these comments of yours from). There's no problem having several threads on the same general topic, if they have different focuses. But just double check the thread in which you are posting. I've edited the topic title of the other to make it more obvious. Cheers :)

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

12 Jan 2018

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jan 2018
FYI:
blamsoft.com/vcv-rack/xfx-reverb
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Cheers for the heads up.
Hey guys, there's a few VCV Rack topics going. One that is general discussion (this one) and the other thread about setup with Reason (which I have moved these comments of yours from). There's no problem having several threads on the same general topic, if they have different focuses. But just double check the thread in which you are posting. I've edited the topic title of the other to make it more obvious. Cheers :)

No worries. I sense that a modular forum will be needed once VCV is out of beta!
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2051
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

12 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Jan 2018
joeyluck wrote:
12 Jan 2018




Hey guys, there's a few VCV Rack topics going. One that is general discussion (this one) and the other thread about setup with Reason (which I have moved these comments of yours from). There's no problem having several threads on the same general topic, if they have different focuses. But just double check the thread in which you are posting. I've edited the topic title of the other to make it more obvious. Cheers :)

No worries. I sense that a modular forum will be needed once VCV is out of beta!
don't hold your breath on that one.....

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

13 Jan 2018

Give VCV Rack a linear sequencer and an SSL style mixer and it becomes a modern version of Reason where CV runs on audio rate :thumbs_up:

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

13 Jan 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Give VCV Rack a linear sequencer and an SSL style mixer and it becomes a modern version of Reason where CV runs on audio rate :thumbs_up:
Well VCV goes rather well with Reason already. CV can be sent from reason and used on every single module in VCV. You already have the sequencer in Reason, Everything is in sync with Reasons sync LFO's. The two compliment each other rather nicely. Once the VST bridge/placeholder is released there will lots threads about VCV. Because it is a closer to realistic modular simulator it would now make sense to have a section for modular! The VST bridge will have 8ins/outs and 8 automation parameters.

If you have a second output on your audio interface you can send the audio from VCV to Reason. If you have a second interface you can do the same. Provided you have line ins on the first interface. You use EMI + LoopMIDI or similar or your midi thru, 16 channels, on your midi devices to send CV.

I'd love to see a linear sequencer in VCV but it will not be something that will happen this year. The VST bridge will allow you to use other VST's and VCV in any DAW where the sequencer is already there. Lucky with Reason that Gate/note can be sent and the audio recorded back in other DAW's would have to have use Reason to do that i.e. Reaper with Reason rewired and VCV open ReaRoute sends the audio back to Reaper reapers sequencer triggers play in reason where the CV goes to VCV. The perfect 3some.
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

13 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Give VCV Rack a linear sequencer and an SSL style mixer and it becomes a modern version of Reason where CV runs on audio rate :thumbs_up:
Well VCV goes rather well with Reason already. CV can be sent from reason and used on every single module in VCV. You already have the sequencer in Reason, Everything is in sync with Reasons sync LFO's. The two compliment each other rather nicely. Once the VST bridge/placeholder is released there will lots threads about VCV. Because it is a closer to realistic modular simulator it would now make sense to have a section for modular! The VST bridge will have 8ins/outs and 8 automation parameters.

If you have a second output on your audio interface you can send the audio from VCV to Reason. If you have a second interface you can do the same. Provided you have line ins on the first interface. You use EMI + LoopMIDI or similar or your midi thru, 16 channels, on your midi devices to send CV.

I'd love to see a linear sequencer in VCV but it will not be something that will happen this year. The VST bridge will allow you to use other VST's and VCV in any DAW where the sequencer is already there. Lucky with Reason that Gate/note can be sent and the audio recorded back in other DAW's would have to have use Reason to do that i.e. Reaper with Reason rewired and VCV open ReaRoute sends the audio back to Reaper reapers sequencer triggers play in reason where the CV goes to VCV. The perfect 3some.
Fully agree ... I wanted to show an analogy between VCV Rack and Reason.

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

13 Jan 2018

Here goes my first module

microtuner1.png
microtuner1.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 2574 times
the sourcecode can be downloaded at https://github.com/Ahornberg/Ahornberg-Microtonal

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

13 Jan 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Here goes my first module


microtuner1.png

the sourcecode can be downloaded at https://github.com/Ahornberg/Ahornberg-Microtonal
Hey nice1! Jealous now :D
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

13 Jan 2018

Jamming with those NYSTHI modules more the sampler modules are pretty good.



Not bothered editing the video just skip through! First time using that dBiz performance mixer, one of the better mixers.
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

UChannel
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Dec 2017

13 Jan 2018

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Jan 2018
FYI:
blamsoft.com/vcv-rack/xfx-reverb
AttenuationHz wrote:
12 Jan 2018
Cheers for the heads up.
Hey guys, there's a few VCV Rack topics going. One that is general discussion (this one) and the other thread about setup with Reason (which I have moved these comments of yours from). There's no problem having several threads on the same general topic, if they have different focuses. But just double check the thread in which you are posting. I've edited the topic title of the other to make it more obvious. Cheers :)
link please
Thanks!

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5408
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

14 Jan 2018

UChannel wrote:
13 Jan 2018
joeyluck wrote:
12 Jan 2018




Hey guys, there's a few VCV Rack topics going. One that is general discussion (this one) and the other thread about setup with Reason (which I have moved these comments of yours from). There's no problem having several threads on the same general topic, if they have different focuses. But just double check the thread in which you are posting. I've edited the topic title of the other to make it more obvious. Cheers :)
link please
Thanks!
I'm speaking of the thread you created :) (in terms of setup with Reason)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7504952

Versus the general discussion thread that has existed since September (this one we're commenting in now)

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

14 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Ahornberg wrote:
13 Jan 2018
Here goes my first module


microtuner1.png

the sourcecode can be downloaded at https://github.com/Ahornberg/Ahornberg-Microtonal
Hey nice1! Jealous now :D
Thank you!

And it's so easy to code a module for the VCV Rack compared to coding an RE or a VST.

UChannel
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Dec 2017

14 Jan 2018

[/quote]

I'm speaking of the thread you created :) (in terms of setup with Reason)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7504952

Versus the general discussion thread that has existed since September (this one we're commenting in now)
[/quote]

Oh, I see :shock:
For a moment I had a hope for a solution :problem:

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

15 Jan 2018

The new Blamsoft modules are freaking great!
Distortion.png
Distortion.png (58.26 KiB) Viewed 1913 times
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

28 Jan 2018

I reworked my first module for the VCV Rack https://github.com/Ahornberg/Ahornberg- ... microtonal

Image

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

28 Jan 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
28 Jan 2018
I reworked my first module for the VCV Rack https://github.com/Ahornberg/Ahornberg- ... microtonal

Image
Sweet working on one myself. Be looking to add a display to mine here's a mock up.
10HP_Mockup.JPG
10HP_Mockup.JPG (24.38 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1278
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

28 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Jan 2018

Sweet working on one myself. Be looking to add a display to mine here's a mock up.
Feel free to grab my code and reuse the part for the display.

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

28 Jan 2018

Ahornberg wrote:
28 Jan 2018
AttenuationHz wrote:
28 Jan 2018

Sweet working on one myself. Be looking to add a display to mine here's a mock up.
Feel free to grab my code and reuse the part for the display.
Cheers was looking at the display code in others hard to see what's going on. I'll get it eventually. Just working on blanks and GUI atm. The one above is going to be an LFO + Utility. Just copied the fundamental LFO code giving me errors on the FM param on make will have to go back to it tomorrow or day after and try work on something simpler. Great platform to learn code on. Haven't got a clue what i'm doing...
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

User avatar
AttenuationHz
Posts: 1802
Joined: 20 Mar 2015
Location: Back of the Rack

14 Feb 2018

Baring unforeseen circumstances VCVrack will be getting that VST Bridge support in a couple of weeks. :P
Waiting for Navigation by Routing to be added! viewtopic.php?p=275484#p275484f=6&t=749 ... 97#p275497
:refill: http://rwrd.io/qx9m5wx Referral!

mojo
Posts: 85
Joined: 12 May 2015
Location: france

15 Feb 2018

nice !!!

UChannel
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Dec 2017

16 Feb 2018

great news! tnx!

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 650
Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Contact:

24 Mar 2018

It looks like a build of the VCV Bridge vst (Win64) exists. I have not tried it yet, but wanted to give a heads up. With Reason screenshots!

https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/issues/ ... -374212713

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 3118
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

24 Mar 2018

Catblack wrote:
24 Mar 2018
It looks like a build of the VCV Bridge vst (Win64) exists. I have not tried it yet, but wanted to give a heads up. With Reason screenshots!

https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack/issues/ ... -374212713
Thx for the info, i am waiting and wanting...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests