Remotemap for Behringer BCR2000

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
djsmex
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Aug 2016

14 Aug 2017

Oenkenstein wrote:
14 Aug 2017
djsmex wrote:
04 Aug 2017
Hi, this is great work and I'll like to invite you to share it on my new www.reasonremoter.uk site. My aim is to get remote authors and reason users together to share great midi control maps. It's all free, many thanks
Great job on sharing remote maps. Are there any steps for me to perform to participate and add the Behringer BCR2000 remote map? Or do you already have all the files and information needed?

Cheers!
Hi, you can join the site for free as a author and post your remote files so they will appear in the downloads/shop or I can add the link you've posted here on the free resources section of the downloads page. Happy either way, just let us know.

best, John

User avatar
Oenkenstein
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

15 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
14 Aug 2017
Oenkenstein wrote:
14 Aug 2017


Great job on sharing remote maps. Are there any steps for me to perform to participate and add the Behringer BCR2000 remote map? Or do you already have all the files and information needed?

Cheers!
Hi, you can join the site for free as a author and post your remote files so they will appear in the downloads/shop or I can add the link you've posted here on the free resources section of the downloads page. Happy either way, just let us know.

best, John
Wow, if you could add the BCR2000.zip to the free resources of the downloads page, that would be awesome.

Thank you in advance and keep up the good work!

djsmex
Posts: 40
Joined: 23 Aug 2016

16 Aug 2017

Hi, I've now added a link to your BCR2000 remote map on http://www.reasonremoter.uk/free/ under free resources.

All the best,
John

User avatar
Oenkenstein
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

17 Aug 2017

djsmex wrote:
16 Aug 2017
Hi, I've now added a link to your BCR2000 remote map on http://www.reasonremoter.uk/free/ under free resources.

All the best,
John
Thanks a ton! Cheers!

User avatar
ReasonUser
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Feb 2015

19 Aug 2017

Well I've got the bcr2000 and excited to have the drivers installed and codec up in Reason. I've not updated the remote map with your RE updates yet.

Regarding Reason's internal synths... Are they fully mapped? Malstrom for instance is not complete, and the preset <- -> buttons don't seem to do anything to get the extra controls. Are the mappings listed anywhere or is it just trial and error for the core devices? Remote override does not give the details for core devices.

Regarding the hardware, I love having the physical knobs and visual led rings for current values. My top row of push dials do seem slightly 'off' in that the one all the way to the left requires a bit of force to turn and the one all the way to the right is super light to turn. Cheers!


UPDATE: So I noticed even the core devices are included in the bcr2000.remote file. It's interesting why the "remote override" function shows the correct mappings of everything but the core devices. These seem to default to some "standard mapping" of one of my sound card's MIDI-out port. Even though, the BCR2000 is controlling the core device per the remote map file's designations.

Oenkenstein, your maps are working great so far. Is there any documentation on working with the bcr2000.remote file, or remote maps in general? I probably have some REs that have not been mapped yet and could contribute to the work already done.

User avatar
Oenkenstein
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

22 Aug 2017

ReasonUser wrote:
19 Aug 2017
Well I've got the bcr2000 and excited to have the drivers installed and codec up in Reason. I've not updated the remote map with your RE updates yet.

Regarding Reason's internal synths... Are they fully mapped? Malstrom for instance is not complete, and the preset <- -> buttons don't seem to do anything to get the extra controls. Are the mappings listed anywhere or is it just trial and error for the core devices? Remote override does not give the details for core devices.

Regarding the hardware, I love having the physical knobs and visual led rings for current values. My top row of push dials do seem slightly 'off' in that the one all the way to the left requires a bit of force to turn and the one all the way to the right is super light to turn. Cheers!


UPDATE: So I noticed even the core devices are included in the bcr2000.remote file. It's interesting why the "remote override" function shows the correct mappings of everything but the core devices. These seem to default to some "standard mapping" of one of my sound card's MIDI-out port. Even though, the BCR2000 is controlling the core device per the remote map file's designations.

Oenkenstein, your maps are working great so far. Is there any documentation on working with the bcr2000.remote file, or remote maps in general? I probably have some REs that have not been mapped yet and could contribute to the work already done.
Not all the native Reason devices have all their properties fully mapped. Malstrom is one of them, as you can see when you go to the Remote Override Edit Mode.
MalstromMapping.jpg
MalstromMapping.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 182 times
The Preset < and > buttons are assigned to a 'next page' with mappings for only the Rack Extensions supported by my BCR2000.remotemap. The native or core devices, like the Malstrom, which have a lot of properties are using the 4 Encoder Group buttons on the BCR2000 to go to 'the next page'.

Thank you so much for offering your help with adding the uncovered Rack Extensions. Information about how to alter an existing remotemap can be found on this forum, but the information is scattered in several threads or sources. I am really busy at the moment (developing / beta testing) and it takes some time to explain the whole process, but I'll hope to provide a step by step guide on how to change an existing remotemap this weekend.

User avatar
Innerst
Posts: 49
Joined: 05 Feb 2017
Location: Norway

14 Nov 2017

I am thinking about upgrading from R9 to R10 and would like to know if these BCR2000 mappings will be working correctly?

User avatar
Oenkenstein
Posts: 260
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

14 Nov 2017

Innerst wrote:
14 Nov 2017
I am thinking about upgrading from R9 to R10 and would like to know if these BCR2000 mappings will be working correctly?
Yes, it will work. So far, all the remotemaps made have not been influenced by a new release or update of Reason.

User avatar
Innerst
Posts: 49
Joined: 05 Feb 2017
Location: Norway

14 Nov 2017

Great thanks, the BCR2000 with this remote file is really integral to my workflow now so I have to be sure before upgrading.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests