AI'm a silly goose

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Bes
Competition Winner

Post 09 Jun 2024

i'm a silly goose who has uploaded the entire reason 12.7 manual (text and images) to a version of oogle ai. it basically has the capability of an lm but it has only one source document. AMA!
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

Post 09 Jun 2024

how can i be sure i am getting the best sound quality out of reason

## Getting the Best Sound Quality in Reason

To be sure you are getting the best sound quality out of Reason, there are several things to consider:

* **Software:**
* Reason uses **32-bit floating point arithmetic** for all internal audio operations, with **64-bit summing** in the mix bus in the Main Mixer Master Section.
* Reason supports **16, 20, and 24 bit resolution** for input and output audio.
* Reason supports all standard sample rates **between 44.1 kHz and 192 kHz.**

Using a sample rate of **less than 44.1 kHz is not recommended** since it might affect the audio quality negatively.
* Reason implements a number of digital audio techniques that **reduce the risk of aliasing, background noise, unwanted distortion and zipper noise**.

* **Hardware:**
* **Choose your audio hardware carefully!**
* The recording and playback resolution is determined by the **hardware audio interface**.
* Use the **latest version of the drivers** for your hardware audio interface.
* The **numbers of physical CPU cores and the CPU clock speed** are major factors determining how many audio tracks and devices you can use at the same time.
* If you plan to buy a computer specifically for Reason, choose a computer with **at least a quad-core Intel i7 processor, or equivalent AMD processor, running at 2.0 GHz or faster.**
* **MultiCore processors** will give better performance and are highly recommended.
* Use a **fast hard drive** with at least **20GB** of space.

* **Settings:**
* Adjust the **sample rate** and **buffer size**.

Generally, **higher sample rate and resolution result in better audio quality**, but also larger audio files and higher demands on computer performance and audio hardware.
* **Tick the "Dither" check box** to improve the audio quality of exported audio at 16-bit resolution.
* **Select "Show CPU Load for Devices"** from the Options menu to monitor CPU usage of each device.
* **Raising the buffer size** can eliminate audio artefacts on playback, mainly effective if you are currently using very small buffers (64 to 256 samples).
* If you should experience performance problems in Reason, **try selecting another Max audio threads number**, starting from the highest number and going down one number at a time until you get the best performance.
* Selecting "**Render audio using audio card buffer size setting**" is recommended for best plugin performance.

* **Optimizing your project:**
* **Delete unused recordings on Audio Tracks** to reduce the Song file size.
* **Only activate High Quality Interpolation (where applicable) when it is required.**
* If you are playing back a sample at a much higher pitch than it was recorded at, consider **sample rate converting the actual sample file** to a lower sample rate using an external sample editor with good sample rate conversion facilities.
* **Try to refrain from using stereo samples.**
* **Set correct input levels** to minimize noise and provide high quality, but not so loud that it causes clipping and distortion.
* Adjust the level at the source and **make sure the level doesn't exceed 0 dB** to avoid clipping.
* **Use the Clip Safe function with Propellerhead Balance** to prevent clipping when recording.
* To get the best sound quality when you are stretching and quantizing audio, it's important that you have **selected the correct Stretch Type for the audio clip**.

Reason always performs audio stretching in two parallel steps: a real-time "preview" stretch so you can instantly hear the result, and a **high quality stretch "in the background"** to further improve the sonic results.
* **Make sure the Slice Markers are located exactly where you want them in the clip** before bouncing to REX Loop.
* **Adjust the audio clip length to the closest full Beat** to make sure that the REX Loop will sound the same as the original audio clip.

Reason is agnostic about what sample rate you use. You can change the sample rate at any time without affecting the pitch, playback speed etc. of your samples. What you have once sampled will always sound the same, regardless of the current audio settings.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

Post 10 Jun 2024

Interesting indeed. It's there an online interface we can try?

Bes
Competition Winner

Post 10 Jun 2024

because its a google thing (notebooklm) i can invite other google accounts to participate in the notebook i made
but actually if you ask me anything here i'll respond with the answer

• Information