If Reason Studios went bankruput...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
motuscott

13 Feb 2024

Radical Bacharach
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

joeyluck

14 Feb 2024

I wonder whose posts helped to train these damn bots :lol:

This is also probably how the aliens see us...

what the bots think.png
what the bots think.png (35.26 KiB) Viewed 1364 times

Loque

15 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
14 Feb 2024
I wonder whose posts helped to train these damn bots :lol:

This is also probably how the aliens see us...

what the bots think.png
It wasn't bad, but I am Thor 🔨
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2024

antic604 wrote:
01 Feb 2024
*** This is purely theoretical. I've nothing to back it up, nor reason to believe this will happen. Chill :puf_bigsmile: ***

...do you think they'd release one final version that cuts ties to all the servers, so that we could use it indefinitely, without having to worry that one day it ceases to authorize? Obviously that would be only for perpetual license owners ;)

...or maybe they'd make everything - Reason and at the very least RS's rack extensions - free?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Do we know of any such case in the past and how it was resolved? Realistically it would probably be bought cheaply by someone "for parts", who'd keep it alive for some time or offer a cheap upgrade path to their own software and over the time ported the most interesting stuff to there as well. I could see NI/iZotope acquiring it and selling Objekt, Algoritm, Friktion, Complex-1 and some others as VSTs :)
I've never conjured such thoughts or any thoughts close to this! I don't live in fear, I just experience the present and adapt to changes. No time to worry about all that :)

antic604

16 Feb 2024

aeox wrote:
16 Feb 2024
I've never conjured such thoughts or any thoughts close to this! I don't live in fear, I just experience the present and adapt to changes. No time to worry about all that :)
I'm risk- and balance-sheet manager by trade, I'm a glass half-empty person by character and I just tend to think about different scenarios all the time.

That's what I do, what I enjoy to do and what brings happiness and fulfilment into my life (and money on my family's table).

Never thought of that as a "worry" or "fear".

To me, not doing that is living a "blissful ignorance", yet I don't go around forums and deride people because they don't live their lives the way I do :)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604

16 Feb 2024

joeyluck wrote:
11 Feb 2024
What is "bankruput"?
It's a hidden suggestion to buy put options on RS stock (i.e. "short them" colloquially), because they're going DOWN, baby! :geek:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2024

antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2024
aeox wrote:
16 Feb 2024
I'm risk- and balance-sheet manager by trade, I'm a glass half-empty person by character and I just tend to think about different scenarios all the time.

That's what I do, what I enjoy to do and what brings happiness and fulfilment into my life (and money on my family's table).

Never thought of that as a "worry" or "fear".

To me, not doing that is living a "blissful ignorance", yet I don't go around forums and deride people because they don't live their lives the way I do :)
Just sharing my thoughts :thumbs_up:

• Information