wipE'out'' - The Zero Gravity Soundtrack (2023 remaster and vinyl)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
joeyluck

28 Nov 2023

I know there's some fans of the Wipeout music here that might be interested in this.

CoLD SToRAGE released this album this month, with remasters of the tracks from Wipeout as well as remixes.

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/ ... soundtrack

The vinyl looks cool. I'm considering it as a gift, but the shipping is expensive (at least to the US).

There's also some shirts!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2023

Yes! CoLD SToRAGE 1997 masters needed a revamp. So many memories. I remember me and my brother screaming "ROGER!" (in french pronounciation) at the 2.25 mark evrytime "Canada" was playing when we were gaming. That soundtrack means so much to me and I am not exaggerating when I say that if I decided to make electronic music, it was because of that game. Thanks for sharing this

DaveyG

29 Nov 2023

I've often wondered why they don't do a modern edition of Wipeout. It was a unique game with many fans.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
29 Nov 2023
I've often wondered why they don't do a modern edition of Wipeout. It was a unique game with many fans.
Unfortunately, the franchise does not seem to enjoy much attention except from a small minoarance of loyalists. The concept, however, is still solid and appealing, and in recent years there have been several titles that refer to it more or less explicitly.

RedOut (and RedOut II), an Italian game, with excellent tracks, incredible speed but poor in the aspect of spaceship design (in my opinion) and somewhat lacking in that lore and design (thanks to The Designers Republic) that made the first 3 titles in the series almost esoteric and mystical.

However, I would like to point out the excellent Ballistic'NG, which is much more faithful to the feeling of the original, both in the graphics and in the spaceships and in the general mood (RedOut is much less "industrial" than WipeOut). You can even activate a video filter that emulates the CRT monitors of the time!

However, it is clear that a soundtrack like that of the 1997 title is unthinkable today... That was truly incredible, a unicum in history.

I repost here a video of one of my tracks that was made using footage of the gameplay of Ballistic'NG, modded with Wip3out-era WipeOut ~1999) nacelles

Jagwah

16 Dec 2023

joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2023
I know there's some fans of the Wipeout music here that might be interested in this.
Wow really cool thanks for sharing this!!

joeyluck

16 Dec 2023

Quarmat wrote:
29 Nov 2023
DaveyG wrote:
29 Nov 2023
Unfortunately, the franchise does not seem to enjoy much attention except from a small minoarance of loyalists. The concept, however, is still solid and appealing, and in recent years there have been several titles that refer to it more or less explicitly.

RedOut (and RedOut II), an Italian game, with excellent tracks, incredible speed but poor in the aspect of spaceship design (in my opinion) and somewhat lacking in that lore and design (thanks to The Designers Republic) that made the first 3 titles in the series almost esoteric and mystical.

However, I would like to point out the excellent Ballistic'NG, which is much more faithful to the feeling of the original, both in the graphics and in the spaceships and in the general mood (RedOut is much less "industrial" than WipeOut). You can even activate a video filter that emulates the CRT monitors of the time!

However, it is clear that a soundtrack like that of the 1997 title is unthinkable today... That was truly incredible, a unicum in history.

I repost here a video of one of my tracks that was made using footage of the gameplay of Ballistic'NG, modded with Wip3out-era WipeOut ~1999) nacelles

Cool! I'm going to check out BallisticNG. I've played Redout and AG Drive (which is pretty cool), but BallisticNG looks like it really captures the vibe of Wipeout. And the developer's name is Neognosis, which I am assuming is a nod to Psygnosis :) I also dig your track!

• Information