I can finally listen to RHCP and Rush (AI Vocal remover)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
challism

12 Nov 2023

https://vocalremover.org/

This is a pretty cool site. It will split an audio file into separate isolated tracks (vocal, drums, bass, accompaniment) and even lets you download them. Very cool
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

huggermugger

12 Nov 2023

LMAOOO.

Closer to the HEART!!!!!! AIEEEEEEEEE!!!!

guitfnky

12 Nov 2023

funny, the Chili Peppers were my first musical love. I didn't realize until probably Californication and later how much better the music was than the vocals. Anthony's 'singing' is at its best when he's rapping or sort of in between rapping and singing, with a couple of exceptions (Under the Bridge and Soul to Squeeze will always be amazing songs, imo).

the more they've tried to become a pop band, the shittier he sounds. my band's drummer--who I went to high school with, and we grew up listening to RHCP together--asked me last year if I wanted to go see them when they were coming in concert, and I basically told him I'm over them, because Anthony's singing has just gotten more and more obnoxious. 😅

John Frusciante is still a musical savant, but I wish they'd just get rid of Anthony, since he's obviously the weak link.

I can understand not liking Rush's vocals, but at least Geddy Lee is a good singer--he just has a grating voice. I put them in the same category as Smashing Pumpkins...great songwriting, and even good singing, but vocals that make me want to scoop out my eardrums with a dull spoon.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

dvdrtldg

13 Nov 2023

It's funny because I'm currently on a bit of a Rush discovery journey - had never really paid them any attention, in fact I don't think I'd ever even heard them until a couple of years ago. But I got curious recently and started digging around in their back catalogue. Amazing band, monster riffs, Geddy's vocals are... an acquired taste... but I think I'm acquiring it. He's a Rickenbacker guy so I give him a lot of leeway. And 3 piece bands are just way fucking cool

RHCP on the other hand, I'm with Nick Cave

challism

13 Nov 2023

guitfnky wrote:
12 Nov 2023
Under the Bridge and Soul to Squeeze will always be amazing songs, imo).

Anthony's singing has just gotten more and more obnoxious. 😅

John Frusciante is still a musical savant, but I wish they'd just get rid of Anthony, since he's obviously the weak link.
Blood Sugar is an amazing album and Under the Bridge shines bright, indeed.
I agree they should ditch Anthony but we both know that will never happen. I don't like his rapping much either. I just wish he would shut up and let the band play. But their musicianship and tightness, etc etc as a band is excellent, so I am going to be using this website to ditch Anthony myself.
guitfnky wrote:
12 Nov 2023
I can understand not liking Rush's vocals, but at least Geddy Lee is a good singer--he just has a grating voice.

I put them in the same category as Smashing Pumpkins...great songwriting, and even good singing, but vocals that make me want to scoop out my eardrums with a dull spoon.
Yes, at least Geddy can sing, I just don't like the sound of it.

SP used to be one of my top bands. Meeting Billy Corgan kind helped end that. It kind of ruined them for me. Anyway, I can listen again these days but nothing past Adore. I still rank their first three albums among the best of their contemporaries.

I met Billy when they went on a very short and unofficial/promotional Adore tour, where they played for free in locally owned record stores at selected cities across the US. My hometown happened to be one of them and I had the day off. So I stood in line for a couple hours and got a seat within arms length of the band. There were probably 75 people at the show. It was during daytime hours, so they couldn't get crazy loud. So it was a mellow show; think SP unplugged. It was great. After the show we got to meet the band. I got my Aeroplane Flies High box set signed by the band and yadda yadda yadda... Billy was quite rude. Let's just say he doesn't like strange people rubbing his head.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Higor

19 Nov 2023

RHCP and Rush - singers - are not so bad/annoying compared to King Diamond/Mercyful Fate. :lol:

wendylou

19 Nov 2023

challism wrote:
12 Nov 2023
https://vocalremover.org/

This is a pretty cool site. It will split an audio file into separate isolated tracks (vocal, drums, bass, accompaniment) and even lets you download them. Very cool
I actually just had a need for their Splitter AI to create stems of guitar, bass, drums, and music the same day you posted this! It works remarkably well, although there are minor moments of cross-bleed, i.e. horns or synthesized vocals occasionally comingle the guitar track, but considering the frequency is nearly the same, I forgive the AI! It separated an old guitar jam on tape well enough to work on the stems in Reason to do some pitch corrections and processing. :thumbs_up:
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information