Soundcloud sounding different on various browsers

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Quarmat
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2023

Basically the title. I was listening to my latest track on various devices to see if there was anything to correct in the mix, when I realised that on the same computer, connected to the same sound system, the track, hosted on soundcloud, when played from the FireFox browser sounds almost highpassed compared to Chrome.
I then also tried it on Edge and Brave (the latter two browsers also have a much higher playback volume so I had to turn the volume down for comparison) and in each case there are subtle differences, although not as huge as between firefox and chrome.

In general I have noticed that the chormium-based browsers sound more similar.

Do any of you know anything about this, about possible causes?

Loque

19 Oct 2023

Did you checked your OS mixer? It might have different settings for different applications.

Also worth checking any audio settings of the browser.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

19 Oct 2023

Depending on the browser (and its supported codecs) soundcloud might use a different audio codec for the stream. That might be an explanation for differences.

integerpoet

20 Oct 2023

I have noticed that the iPhone app does weird things if the track lacks a courteous LUFS. :-)

• Information