submitting to SubmitHub - few advices needed for official releasing a song

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Rising Night Wave

21 Sep 2023

Have any of you used submithub to release your track or album?
If so, what does the process look like and what were your results? How much money did you put into it?
Were you satisfied or not? Or what are your experiences with submitting to submithub?
Namely, I'm thinking of trying to officially release my song Alignment Strings (Frozen Swings) by submitting to submithub.

:-)
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2023

Do submit hub do distribution rnw? I thought it was more promotion based and potentially getting on spotify playlist etc?

Is it promotion you are after or distribution (Spotify, iTunes releases etc)

integerpoet

21 Sep 2023

Popey wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2023
Do submit hub do distribution rnw? I thought it was more promotion based and potentially getting on spotify playlist etc? Is it promotion you are after or distribution (Spotify, iTunes releases etc)
I have zero experience with services which try to beat the bushes with curators and influencers. Until now I did not even realize that might be a thing, though in retrospect of course it is. But I am suddenly very interested in hearing whether this works.

Frankly, money is a non-goal for me and I would be happy if my tracks merely didn't languish completely unheard on SoundCloud like those of almost everyone else. So I don't care much about making sure pennies flow toward me from streaming services.

However, it strikes me that if you want to be a success with curators/influencers then table stakes are probably for a track to be well-distributed beforehand. If a curator/influencer can't provide a link to your track on their platform of choice or put your track into a playlist on their platform of choice, the track might as well not exist.

That said, after scrolling their list of currently popular tracks and sampling the "Where to Listen" field, it looks like you could do worse than submitting to just Spotify (far and away the most common) and SoundCloud (probably the next-most-common, and you were going to upload there anyway).

(I find it interesting that Bandcamp barely exists in this universe.)
Last edited by integerpoet on 21 Sep 2023, edited 2 times in total.

Rising Night Wave

21 Sep 2023

Popey, here is the c/p from google:

You can submit a track to SubmitHub with a link to your song on SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify or any other big streaming service. If a curator or blogger likes your song, they'll get in touch and give you the opportunity to discuss the release and provide any info they may need to aid their coverage.

ps: actually from here: https://dittomusic.com/en/blog/how-to-r ... 20coverage.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2023
Popey, here is the c/p from google:

You can submit a track to SubmitHub with a link to your song on SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify or any other big streaming service. If a curator or blogger likes your song, they'll get in touch and give you the opportunity to discuss the release and provide any info they may need to aid their coverage.

ps: actually from here: https://dittomusic.com/en/blog/how-to-r ... 20coverage.
I understand now. I haven't used submit hub but have heard mixed opinions on it - I think venus theory may have done a video recently and I often watch vids about it by Andrew southworth who I think is a curator of a submit hub playlist.

I use distrokid to put stuff on spotify occasionally but never do any marketing, probably why I only have about 17 followers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2023

22 Sep 2023

I use distrokid to put stuff on spotify occasionally but never do any marketing, probably why I only have about 17 followers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Rising Night Wave

22 Sep 2023

hehe

Rising Night Wave

22 Sep 2023

okey, guys, i noticed, since i am not a power user, only now, i mean tonight, that you can also distribute/release songs using SoundCloud platform.
so i am thinking to take this path - using SoundCloud for releasing my music as an independent musician.

since i have a next pro plan on SC i can take advantages of this relasing.

i will report about that. atm i am all confused - don't know waht everything awaits me and what everything i will need to do.
shame SC don't have any tutorial to show you how things go or i did not found it / i have missed it.

anyway. i am about to fill out the tax payment form and so on.

i will report.

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚ I was wrong it is 19 followers.

One day (probably in 2030 something) I will have enough streams to buy a beer with my earnings.. That beer will taste so sweet man

Rising Night Wave

22 Sep 2023

22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

One day (probably in 2030 something) I will have enough streams to buy a beer with my earnings.. That beer will taste so sweet man
hahaha :lol: :thumbup:

QVprod

22 Sep 2023

You’re better off paying for facebook/instagram ads if you care about building a following. Andrew Southworth gives some pretty good tutorials on YouTube.

Most people’s experience (mine too) with submithub are trash and if you do land a playlist, those are usually just passive listeners. Doesn’t translate to much more.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Sep 2023

22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

2030? You are too optmistic! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2023

22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023

2030? You are too optmistic! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I didn't necessarily say a decent beer. Probably have to be a cheap one from home bargains or some other discount store in the UK πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

integerpoet

22 Sep 2023

22 Sep 2023
I only have about 17 followers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

integerpoet

22 Sep 2023

Rising Night Wave wrote: ↑
22 Sep 2023
okey, guys, i noticed, since i am not a power user, only now, i mean tonight, that you can also distribute/release songs using SoundCloud platform.
so i am thinking to take this path - using SoundCloud for releasing my music as an independent musician.
since i have a next pro plan on SC i can take advantages of this relasing.
i will report about that. atm i am all confused - don't know waht everything awaits me and what everything i will need to do.
shame SC don't have any tutorial to show you how things go or i did not found it / i have missed it.
One thing I can tell you absolutely does not work: Post to SoundCloud and do nothing else.

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote: ↑
22 Sep 2023
22 Sep 2023
I only have about 17 followers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
As a Yorkshire resident this is very apt. I was wrong as well, it is 19 followers.

I don't recognise how lucky I am πŸ˜‚

• Information