acoustic guitar what goes with it ?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Ichooselife

24 Aug 2023

what other instruments fit nice with acoustic strumming ?

and any examples , thank you kindly

Creativemind

24 Aug 2023

Don't have any examples as I'm about to hit the sack but depends what you want really, a nice bass under it could be good, a violin or some strings accompanying it or some nice percussion, maybe not full drums but a tambourine or shaker or fingerclicks and / or claps. Even some harmonica could be nice like Bob Dylan but you haven't really given us much to go on or context.

Tell you what though, tinking of fingerclicks or claps put me in mind of this Re / VST...

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

JC1

25 Aug 2023

You can put almost anything you want accompanying acoustic guitar, it all just depends on what you want to do. As the previous reply said, bass is a given to thicken it up and some percussive hits might be the order.

If it's an open canvas, I may decide to do anything if the feeling hits....
Just experiment with it, you never know what will work until you put it together.
Would be interesting to see what you come up with 😁👍
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

DaveyG

25 Aug 2023

Anything and everything goes with it.
If you are making a traditional verse-chorus type of pop/rock song adding acoustic strumming is a really easy way to give the second or third chorus some lift. Strum the main chords, double track them, pan them left and right and carve out a bit of space for them with EQ. It's a cliché, but clichés are clichés because they work.

In EDM, sample the strumming then chop it up, reverse bits, loop bits, whatever.

• Information