RIP Sinead O'Connor

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
rorystorm

26 Jul 2023

Last edited by rorystorm on 26 Jul 2023, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

26 Jul 2023

Saw that. So sad. She was a force of nature and will be missed. Mental health and addiction is no joke. She was a brilliant artist and her effect on music will not be forgotten.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rorystorm

26 Jul 2023

Yeah, so sad. Its pretty clear what's happened and its really tragic, irrespective of whether you're a fan of her music or not. Its weird how you read all these news stories about how fucked the world is atm but it only really comes into focus when a celebrity goes.

EnochLight

26 Jul 2023

True. But it's celebrities like Sinead that had an effect on a lot of us "older" people in our youth. I count myself fortunate to have seen her play live (it was for her tour in support of the I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got album). She knocked it out of the park, as she usually did when she played live. She performed "I Am Stretched on Your Grave" wearing a red skirt, which in my naive mind was a kilt. Hell, it might have been actually. :lol: But I remember when The Lion and the Cobra came out - it was truly magnificent and nothing else like it existed at the time. When celebs as young as Sinead go that had such an effect on my youth, it truly makes you take inventory of your life.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

robussc

26 Jul 2023

Wow that is a shock. Didn't know she was right around my age! And yeah what an amazing artist. She definitely left a dent in the universe. Incredible talent.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

Aosta

26 Jul 2023

:puf_unhappy:

Thank you for leaving the world with this :clap: :clap:
Tend the flame

rorystorm

26 Jul 2023

EnochLight wrote:
26 Jul 2023
True. But it's celebrities like Sinead that had an effect on a lot of us "older" people in our youth. I count myself fortunate to have seen her play live (it was for her tour in support of the I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got album). She knocked it out of the park, as she usually did when she played live. She performed "I Am Stretched on Your Grave" wearing a red skirt, which in my naive mind was a kilt. Hell, it might have been actually. :lol: But I remember when The Lion and the Cobra came out - it was truly magnificent and nothing else like it existed at the time. When celebs as young as Sinead go that had such an effect on my youth, it truly makes you take inventory of your life.
The Lion and the Cobra came out when I was in my last year of high school, I think? or round then - truth be told, I knew about it because the annoying rich kids in my art class were all really into it, so I wrote it off because most of the stuff they were into was the late 80s equivalent of what we'd think of now as being superficial hipster bullshit. But I got a copy later on and realised how good it was, and I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got is a great record. Black Boys On Mopeds, Jump In The River - fantastic tracks.

Yeah, I've been thinking this morning about the people I've known who've had similar lives - abuse/addiction/mental health - and sadly so many of them have gone in a similar way, one just really recently, and I've had my own struggles. When you're younger you think people will okay by the time they've reached their fifties. You know, they've survived their rock and roll years so it's all good - it's hard knowing that they never really find any peace in their lives.

rorystorm

26 Jul 2023

Here you go - for those only know Nothing Compares 2U.

challism

27 Jul 2023

I heard that she hated compression and wouldn't allow it to be used on her tracks. Sad deal that she's gone. I hope she is at peace now.

I love this track.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DrAndy

27 Jul 2023

Its worth reading her autobiography, very eye opening. You see what a talented, brave and funny woman she was.

• Information