Life threw me a curveball today :-(

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MuttReason

27 Jul 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
25 Jul 2023
Another small update. From today on, I don't have to wear the splint during the day, and I'm actually required to do light work/movements with my hand, to remobilize my tendons and muscles. I never expected how much you lose with your wrist and hand immobilized for just six weeks. Moving my wrist hurts like hell right now, but I'm as happy as can be, to lose the splint and start working on the actual recovery. Onward and up :puf_bigsmile:
Sounds positive! Hope it all continues to improve quickly. And yes, immobility is BRUTAL for joints and muscles. I smashed up my shoulder in a motorbike accident years ago and had to have stabilisation surgery with a prolonged period of v limited movement after the operation. It was so damned painful I was on tramadol all day and night for weeks on end plus amyltriptyline (forgotten how to spell it) at night. Unfortunately because it was so grindingly painful to move, I stopped moving my shoulder and arm for about three months… which froze everything up and made it all a lot worse. Took four years to heal fully! Lesson I learned from that is pain is your friend after an immobilising injury, got to work that sucker and loosen the thing up even if it feels like hell sometimes. Best of luck with it, and fingers crossed (ah, bad analogy, you know what I mean : :D ) that all comes back as good as before.

• Information