Any one ride an e-bike?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Aosta

05 Jun 2023

Hello fellow chair dwellers :thumbup:
Yes we sit in front of those screens for hours and the sun is starting to shine.
So having just got a new job but farther away and I don't drive (public transport) I was thinking of getting one of them there ebike thingies because my planned route has some off road gravel stuff and hills some pretty exhausting. Would be good to have a bit of safety umph behind me to be begin with so I don't arrive at 7am and collapse on the office toilet 4 minutes later.

So what do you ride, what would you want to ride and best choice you'd think for a beginner looking to travel around 15-17 miles round journey.

I have been cycling to my now ex work on and off for a few years but that was much closer so I am familiar with bikes and the roads etc

I'm interested in the Bosch system but they are pricey so I might start with around £700 basic 3 mode/walk assist

Thanks guys :think:
Tend the flame

plaamook

05 Jun 2023

I don’t ride any bikes by choice.
But my neighbour gets these conversion kits where you can turn any bike into an eBike for far less money.
Might be worth looking at.
I was impressed w the elegance of the solution.
I tried it out and it worked fine.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Aosta

06 Jun 2023

plaamook wrote:
05 Jun 2023
I don’t ride any bikes by choice.
But my neighbour gets these conversion kits where you can turn any bike into an eBike for far less money.
Might be worth looking at.
I was impressed w the elegance of the solution.
I tried it out and it worked fine.
Oooh brilliant idea! Didn't know you could do that.
I already have a pretty nice mountain bike that I was thinking of trying to exchange in the deal but it might be an interesting project pimping my ride instead :cool:
Thanks, I will look into it.
Tend the flame

DaveyG

06 Jun 2023

I've got a friend who has converted his bike from the late 70's. It's the style of bike that we just used to call a "racer" back then. It amuses me greatly because he looks ridiculous on it and also the bike weighs almost as much as he does. It works well though and he uses it every day.

robussc

06 Jun 2023

I've ridden e-bikes as part of a city bike rental system, it really made getting quickly around the city (which was hilly) a breeze. Definitely transformative for everyday cycling.
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

BRIGGS

06 Jun 2023

All the kids have them here.
r11s

• Information